[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Memphiz Offline
I hate users
i think i compiled it with mingw - similar like you would do it on linux. Getting it to compile with visual studio would be a different story i guess.

AppleTV2/iPhone/iPod: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for XBMC: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
find quote
Dark-Sider Offline
Thanks for the heads up - I suspected similiar since it depends on a lot of generic GNU stuff what is not present in your typical VS environment. I also found this https://github.com/thaddeusbond/boblight-NET (hopefully links are allwoed) which looks pretty nice - had no time to give it a test-drive.
find quote
Klaus Heynen Offline
I'm using a Raspi2 with Arduino and WS2812b
It works when I use the composit out put of the raspbery 2 but when I connect the raspberry via HDMI to my TV then boblight does not show anything anymore apart from the blue I defined for the menue screens!
Any idea?
(This post was last modified: 2015-05-24 21:42 by Klaus Heynen.)
find quote
bitrip Offline
Hi,

I'm running OE with Kodi 14.2.
When I shutdown or suspend my box, it first kills boblightd daemon so it is unable to receive a 'leds off command' and so my lights stays always on.
How can I make Boblight turns off at shutdown/suspend and automatically turns on and resume?

Thanks in advance.
BiTRiP
find quote
Memphiz Offline
I hate users
@bitrip this is something for the openelc.tv forum (unrelated the addon we are discussing here in this very thread).
@Klaus Heyen - your problem sounds raspberry pi specific - post it in the rbpi forum instead. (most likely the rendercapture implementation that is used on rbpi - i bet your problem vanishs when you play with the mmal/omx video decoder settings).

AppleTV2/iPhone/iPod: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for XBMC: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
find quote
bitrip Offline
My apologies Memphiz, I'll make a post there too.
I thought this is a general problem not specially OE.
So, this is working fine under Kodi on other OS's?

Cheers,
BiTRiP
find quote
Klaus Heynen Offline
@Memphiz
My explanation was not good enough! My problem is that if I use the RPi2's Video (RCA) output everything works fine.
But as soon as I use it's HDMI output to connect to the TV it does work only for the menu, not for [/align]TV, not Films or Music.
find quote