• 89(current)
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon
Thanks for the heads up - I suspected similiar since it depends on a lot of generic GNU stuff what is not present in your typical VS environment. I also found this https://github.com/thaddeusbond/boblight-NET (hopefully links are allwoed) which looks pretty nice - had no time to give it a test-drive.
I'm using a Raspi2 with Arduino and WS2812b
It works when I use the composit out put of the raspbery 2 but when I connect the raspberry via HDMI to my TV then boblight does not show anything anymore apart from the blue I defined for the menue screens!
Any idea?
Hi,

I'm running OE with Kodi 14.2.
When I shutdown or suspend my box, it first kills boblightd daemon so it is unable to receive a 'leds off command' and so my lights stays always on.
How can I make Boblight turns off at shutdown/suspend and automatically turns on and resume?

Thanks in advance.
BiTRiP
@bitrip this is something for the openelc.tv forum (unrelated the addon we are discussing here in this very thread).
@klaus Heyen - your problem sounds raspberry pi specific - post it in the rbpi forum instead. (most likely the rendercapture implementation that is used on rbpi - i bet your problem vanishs when you play with the mmal/omx video decoder settings).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
My apologies Memphiz, I'll make a post there too.
I thought this is a general problem not specially OE.
So, this is working fine under Kodi on other OS's?

Cheers,
BiTRiP
@Memphiz
My explanation was not good enough! My problem is that if I use the RPi2's Video (RCA) output everything works fine.
But as soon as I use it's HDMI output to connect to the TV it does work only for the menu, not for [/align]TV, not Films or Music.
My comment to you still stands true with this information.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
super great aadon . Smile
I've tried many things but I like me best .

I wanted to ask when you can expect about with the light in the menu ? Smile

regards
Is there a good guide for setting up and installing Lightpack on OpenELEC with Kodi? I am running current versions of both. I just got 2 Lightpacks to install on our 65" Samsung TV.
(2015-05-31, 00:19)rmilyard Wrote: Is there a good guide for setting up and installing Lightpack on OpenELEC with Kodi? I am running current versions of both. I just got 2 Lightpacks to install on our 65" Samsung TV.

So I followed this guide:

http://techbits.io/getting-started-with-...erry-pi-2/

I have it installed running 10 LEDS. I have a second LP coming today. I would like to use 2 LP and 20 LEDS on this Samsung 65" TV. Anyone help to how to change the config file?
hi there,
I’m going to build my Adalight project for my Projector fixed frame screen (108”) soon and going to shopping what I need
I really want to go with the WS2812 LED strand (30/M) from the 5050 chip with I think give the most brightness from 5V to date is that right?
according to my calculation for my screen I will need 240 light ( With 2,5m x2 – High 1.5mx2) if I take the 30 light/m stand
My question:
240 light is it supported without any fps drop by Boblight or Ambilight? I know lot’s people do have arround 100 light setup for tv but I’m talking big screen
I will run from a dedicated HTPC AMD A6-6400K and Arduino Uno r3 run on Kodibuntu
Thanks
Hi,

(2015-06-05, 15:33)cprelot Wrote: hi there,
I’m going to build my Adalight project for my Projector fixed frame screen (108”) soon and going to shopping what I need
I really want to go with the WS2812 LED strand (30/M) from the 5050 chip with I think give the most brightness from 5V to date is that right?
according to my calculation for my screen I will need 240 light ( With 2,5m x2 – High 1.5mx2) if I take the 30 light/m stand
My question:
240 light is it supported without any fps drop by Boblight or Ambilight? I know lot’s people do have arround 100 light setup for tv but I’m talking big screen
I will run from a dedicated HTPC AMD A6-6400K and Arduino Uno r3 run on Kodibuntu
Thanks

the arduino can handle much more lights, if you compare it to some LED-Cube Projects. The CPU intense task is to extract the colors from the video, do some median calculations and put them to the single LEDs. But all that is done by your HTPC which should have enough power to handle this. I'm running a 100 LED setup and bobligh runs fine even from my linux setellite receiver which is really low on cpu-power.

bye
Darky
ok cool, I’m really looking for the brightness issue more than the number of the light to be honest…why? because I have a black charcoal wall arround my screen and it can absorb light diffuse more than white paint wall
now wonder if I go to the 60/m instead of the 30/m that will give me 2x more lights like (arround 500) and if I can group pair(2) of lights by Zone within boblight programs that would me give around 250 zones
what do you think? or I should be ok even with 500 light?
Thanks
Some I'm also thinking of building the arduino powered adalight for my Kodi setup. I was wondering if there is anyone running the boblight setup with a Kodi DSPlayer installation specifically the MadVR version.
Hi,

is there any way to enable/disable boblight (as in the configuration of the addon) via a script?
The script is running on the same machine as kodi (openelec).

I tried it via JSON-RPC API, but couldnt find any way.

I need it to create a script which automatically switches the LEDs on/off depending on the daylight (sunrise/sunset),
since I didn't find any possibility to configure this in boblight/xbmc.boblight
  • 89(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon3