[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
leb0rtran Offline
Hi,

is there any way to enable/disable boblight (as in the configuration of the addon) via a script?
The script is running on the same machine as kodi (openelec).

I tried it via JSON-RPC API, but couldnt find any way.

I need it to create a script which automatically switches the LEDs on/off depending on the daylight (sunrise/sunset),
since I didn't find any possibility to configure this in boblight/xbmc.boblight
find quote
raptorjr Offline
I haven't been using boblight for some time. And now that I want to enable it again I get a message on the Add-on information saying "You need to have the correct binary addon installed for this to work"

I have tried to reinstall the addon. I also thought that maybe I needed a new version of boblightd, so I compiled the latest from svn checkout http://boblight.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ boblight-read-only

But that was not the problem, still the same message. What is it that I need to update?

The addon connects to my boblightd, but I get no colors like I used to get when starting Kodi, and nothing when I play a movie.

I'm using Kodi 15-BETA2. And also, if i try to disable the boblight addon Kodi hangs and I need to restart. But that's not a big problem. As long as I can get it working I don't need to disable it
find quote
Memphiz Offline
Non-Serving Developer
You didn't mentioned the operating system you are using. If the addon connects to your boblightd the problem with the "binary addon" (which in real should have shown "binary library" or something like that) is already solved for you.

If in doubt - post a debug log (wiki)

AppleTV2/iPhone/iPod: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for XBMC: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(This post was last modified: 2015-07-03 11:21 by Memphiz.)
find quote
GizZm0 Offline
hi

we try to set up boblight with Blinkstick Pro on Win7:
https://www.blinkstick.com/help/ikea-dio...-ambilight

is there any way to connect boblight with blinkstick?
we tried many options with the boblight.conf but nothing is working so far,

with output /dev/ttyS0
and output /dev/com1
boblight starts to work but the led isnt changing colors.
find quote