[RELEASE] Mixcloud plugin

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
jackyNIX Offline
Pete, I did some more research on the subject.
Apparently Xbian has issues with m4a files, some play and others don't. Not a lot you can do about it, except make sure you're running the very latest Xbian release.

This is a Xbian problem.

Follow jackyNIX on Soundcloud and Mixcloud
find quote
PeteBridges Offline
Thanks, I'll look into it
find quote
Oli_Oops Offline
Thanks for a great addon that just keeps getting better. My feature request is my account on the main page.Nod
find quote
jackyNIX Offline
(2015-03-04 22:25)Oli_Oops Wrote:  Thanks for a great addon that just keeps getting better. My feature request is my account on the main page.Nod

What do you mean by "my account"?

The "feed" you get when opening the webpage does not exist in the api. I've searched for it, but it is not there. There IS a "me/feed", but it only gives you what you did, your uploads, your listens, ...
One solution is to recreate that feed by querying the feeds of all your followings, filter and order it by date/time, but that 'll take a while to finish (especially as some people have hundreds of followings, that will take like forever Sleepy ).

If you want to shameless plug your cloudcasts... well, what do you have to offer Rofl

(This post was last modified: 2015-03-05 12:19 by jackyNIX.)
find quote
PeteBridges Offline
In case other people would stumble on the aforementioned problem:
this might indeed be related to a (temporary) issue with xbian, for almost all streams (eg mixcloud, youtube,...). See: Xbian issue 685 on github
Downgrading or waiting for fix seem to be the only solutions.
find quote
braudoux Offline
Music  RE: [RELEASE] Mixcloud plugin
Hi,
I am a newbie here and my knowledge of computer is low enough to make me not fully understanding the contain of all your posts.
I have installed Kobi on my computer and discovered the plug-in of my favorite music website "Mixcloud" .
The plug-in is now installed.
Unfortunately I cannot get the access token after having entered the authentication code picked up in the website address as per your directives in this thread.
Could you please tell me how I can get that token now?
Thanks in advance
Bruno
find quote
jackyNIX Offline
(2015-03-16 17:53)braudoux Wrote:  Hi,
I am a newbie here and my knowledge of computer is low enough to make me not fully understanding the contain of all your posts.
I have installed Kobi on my computer and discovered the plug-in of my favorite music website "Mixcloud" .
The plug-in is now installed.
Unfortunately I cannot get the access token after having entered the authentication code picked up in the website address as per your directives in this thread.
Could you please tell me how I can get that token now?
Thanks in advance
Bruno

First, make sure you have version 2.0.1
Then try the procedure again (sometimes mixcloud does not respond).

HOWTO Getting an authentication code:

1: Login with your mixcloud account using following link, the access code is in the landing page URL
2.0.1: Login with your mixcloud account

2: You will return on the landing page. The access code is in the URL right next to code=, like this for 2.0.1: forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=116386&code=your_access_code

3: Enter this code in the mixcloud plugin settings window, right next to Authentication code

4: After entering the authentication code, the access token is fetched automatically in the background.

If this doesn't work, can you post the mixcloud log file?

find quote