paging Memphiz...NFS write issue :)
canadave Wrote:Maetrik, you're not using a Synology NAS by any chance, are you?

yes i do. perhaps its a NAS nfs issue?
You could me do a favour and test this version. Its not a libnfs versionbump but a workaround i could try in XBMC (and i could get this into eden of course then). Please give feedback - thx:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30371861/org.xbm...fstest.deb
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thanks Memphiz! I just got home and saw this; I'm installing it now and will test it straight away and report back here.
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
Installed and..........

It works!!!!!! Tested it on several files, up to 70MB, copies over happily Smile

Thanks so much, Memphiz!

Okay, I'll bite--what'd ya do to fix it? Wink
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
well normally i write in blocks with a max size which the nfs server tells us ... mine reports 16k max write size - so i split the writes into 16k chunks here ... your server tells us he can handle 128k blocks ... so i write in 128k chunks.

But something seems to need a 64k limit additionally ... either the server or libnfs.

So how sure are we that the magic number is 64k and not 32k for example?

Feedback from maetrik is appreciated too.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
No time to test yet, will do this afternoon.
Installed via dpkg -i org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_10.0-9_iphoneos-arm-nfstest.deb
But when trying to start XBMC i just see the splashscreen for about a second and then it returns me to frontrow. There is absolutely nothing in the logs.
Maetrik Wrote:Installed via dpkg -i org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_10.0-9_iphoneos-arm-nfstest.deb
But when trying to start XBMC i just see the splashscreen for about a second and then it returns me to frontrow. There is absolutely nothing in the logs.

thats something i'm not prepared for now ... wtf? xbmc.log is completly empty?!?
Sorry, not empty. But it says nothing about errors or something like that (or i just dont see it).

See my log
Maetrik Wrote:Sorry, not empty. But it says nothing about errors or something like that (or i just dont see it).

See my log

mhh you have debug logging off ... xbmc.log isn't very communicative then Sad ... well i think i'll add the workaorund to trunk for now and you can try it the next day when the nightly gets build with it ...
What do you mean i got debugging off? I see some debug messages in the log files, but nothing that helps Wink

But thanks for your workaround, i will give it try tomorrow and let you know if it fixed my issues Smile
Memphiz Wrote:well normally i write in blocks with a max size which the nfs server tells us ... mine reports 16k max write size - so i split the writes into 16k chunks here ... your server tells us he can handle 128k blocks ... so i write in 128k chunks.

But something seems to need a 64k limit additionally ... either the server or libnfs.

So how sure are we that the magic number is 64k and not 32k for example?

Feedback from maetrik is appreciated too.

I haven't looked at nfs code for a while, however iirc for nfs v2 max block size was 8k, for v3 it was up to the server to return its max block size. Older 2.4 (and i think 2.5) linux kernels had a limit of 32k.

Quite a lot of the smaller consumer nas devices I've evaluated and worked with have been running quite old 2.4 based kernels. I don't think it would be out of the realms of possibility for xbmc to be talking to devices that may have a 32k limit.
Well i could reproduce the issue with a ubuntu 10.04 server running 2.6.32 kernel nfs. The magic number where it stopped working was a write of 65337 bytes at once. Upstream dev is informed and gifted a wireshark capture with the problem, and trunk is fixed by clamping to 32k for now.

I didn't notice it before because my dockstar nfs server only supports 16k write chunks Wink
Tried on both OS X and iOS ATV2 with current nightly, working absolutely perfect. I love you so much right now Big Grin
Did not try pathsubstitution like diskussed in the other thread, i'll stick with SMB for shared thumbs, but NFS shares and database export is now working like charm. Thank you very much!
I just tried this with XBMCSetup-20111209-bc92615-master.exe from today and I am still getting the same error with windows 7 so I dont know if your fix made it to this nightly. Although with this nightly I can now play .iso on my windows computer, with yesterdays I could not.
Code:
06:35:28 T:46468 WARNING: FileNFS::OpenForWrite() called with overwriting enabled! - //Terra Nova/Season 01/.actors/Alana_Mansour.tbn
06:35:28 T:46468   DEBUG: CFileNFS::Close closing file TV/Terra Nova/Season 01/.actors/Alana_Mansour.tbn
06:35:29 T:46468 WARNING: FileNFS::OpenForWrite() called with overwriting enabled! - //Terra Nova/Season 01/.actors/Landon_Liboiron.tbn
06:35:29 T:46468   DEBUG: CFileNFS::Close closing file TV/Terra Nova/Season 01/.actors/Landon_Liboiron.tbn
06:35:29 T:46468 WARNING: FileNFS::OpenForWrite() called with overwriting enabled! - //Terra Nova/Season 01/.actors/Naomi_Scott.tbn
06:35:29 T:46468   DEBUG: CFileNFS::Close closing file TV/Terra Nova/Season 01/.actors/Naomi_Scott.tbn
06:35:29 T:46468 WARNING: FileNFS::OpenForWrite() called with overwriting enabled! - //Terra Nova/Season 01/.actors/Christine_Adams.tbn
06:35:29 T:46468   DEBUG: CFileNFS::Close closing file TV/Terra Nova/Season 01/.actors/Christine_Adams.tbn

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
paging Memphiz...NFS write issue :)0