[atv2] Local streaming is too slow :(
Well, now I have better speed with small files, at least there's not buffering problem but in higher quality videos the problem is continuing.
I just turned off generating thumbnails, changed sound to 16 bit etc. ( according to the suggestions ) and I saw even the software is faster now, so there was a CPU problem probably.
And can't view 720 or 1080p videos without buffering problem.
I hardly created SMB network and am using it, and everyone suggests me to change.
So which streaming type is the best when you use wireless between ATV-modem-laptop both ?
There's no wire except power and hdmi cables..
And please gimme a tutorial for how to install new connection method..?
Hey Guys, I'm still having that issue with 720p files. Tried too much but they all are same.
Probably its about SMB(samba) is very slow, so which connection style is speediest WITHOUT WIRED CONNECTION ?
I have to use wireless..
i know you don't wanna here ... but atv2 only does one 20mhz channel n-mode which is specified as 65mbit brutto ... you won't get happy with it believe me ... better think about doing the impossible and get it wired...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
In my previous home I had everything wired with 1Gbps. No issues. In my new place I moved to wireless and things got really worse. Lots of issues with ISO files / VIDEO_TS playback (I have my complete DVD collection on a Qnap storage in this format).

Finally some weeks ago I bought Powerline adapters and everything is perfect again. Wireless is not really your friend with XBMC (it worked fine for native Apple TV movie rentals, but not with SMB/AFP/NFS shares on a NAS).

Hixhupf
Alright, so just 2 questions :
How kind of wired connection should I have? Is it enought if i just have a wired connection between ATV2 & Router? Or onyly between PC & Router?
I dont think its about un/wired connection because the files im trying to stream doesnt need more than 994 kb/sec which means 10mBits/sec. I have 54 mBits/sec between the PC with router and something like 54 between router and ATV2. (IDK how to see the connection speed of ATV ) . SO as you see, I cant even use the 10mbits/sec.
AND I am using Samba - SMB.
SO THE MAIN QUESTION IS : Which option is the speediest with wireless and how to install that?
Good: ATV2 wired to router

Best: ATV2 and computer wired to router

Alternative: ethernet over power lines (little boxes that are about $20-30 a box that let you route ethernet over your house's powerlines) (for example: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6833122233 )
I would invest in a NAS hard disk and stick that and the router behind your TV and just use your laptop to download and move the files there.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[atv2] Local streaming is too slow :(0