Navigation in 2 controllists
in my dutchstream script i am using 2 lists, how can i make paging (with the tiny buttons) to work ? the list on the right (afleveringen) works but the "mainlist" doesn't.

i have:

Quote:if action == action_move_right and self.state != "afleveringen":
            self.state = "afleveringen"
       self.setfocus(self.afleveringen)

obviously the "afleveringen" list will receive focus due to the action. how can i build something in so that the tiny buttons on the mainlist can be controlled before the focus goes the the other list ? does this need to be captured in the oncontrol part ?
i see that you are manually keeping track of the navigation between lists. this was due to a bug in the list control's spin control <the small paging buttons> in which 'controlright' was not being properly set. i think this may of been fixed in recent builds (but not in older ones) so that you can just do

self.mainlist.controlright(self.afleveringen)

if it is not fixed than the only thing i can think of doing is to keep a count of how many times you get an action_right and only change on the third one...
thanks for the heads up!

i have some more control but still it doesn't function correctly:

Quote:            self.mainlist.controlright(self.afleveringen)
           self.afleveringen.controlleft(self.mainlist)

when active on the "afleveringen", it will respond to controlleft and go back to the mainlist.
in the mainlist however, there is spincontrol now, but you cannot go back to the afleveringen-list.

i have tried to use the getspincontrol() but doesn't work at all (could be my fault).

as a nasty solution i have done it the other way around;

Quote:            self.mainlist.controlleft(self.afleveringen)
           self.afleveringen.controlleft(self.mainlist)

now i can get back to the afleveringen, although it has to be done using "left".

any ideas ?
what cvs are you using btw? i heard the problem was fixed in a recent build but cannot confirm.

i cant really think of a work-around that leaves the spin control intact. if you are desperate you can keep track of
a. how many listitems are present so you know when the spin control is active
b. if active keep a counter that is incremented by action_right and decremented by action_left and if the counter hits 3 select the other list.....

edit: actually nevermind, this wouldnt work at all cause you cant tell if both buttons are enabled anyway... personally i would give up on the spin buttons. i use the triggers on the controller anyway and on the remote i use the page_up page_down buttons... never found the spin control all that useful.
(asteron @ april 24 2005,09:23 Wrote:what cvs are you using btw?  i heard the problem was fixed in a recent build but cannot confirm.  

i cant really think of a work-around that leaves the spin control intact.  if you are desperate you can keep track of
a. how many listitems are present so you know when the spin control is active
b. if active keep a counter that is incremented by action_right and decremented by action_left and if the counter hits 3 select the other list.....

edit:   actually nevermind, this wouldnt work at all cause you cant tell if both buttons are enabled anyway... personally i would give up on the spin buttons.  i use the triggers on the controller anyway and on the remote i use the page_up page_down buttons... never found the spin control all that useful.
i know; the spin buttons are not important to me either, but someone pointed it out, and now i can't stand it if i can't get it to work  Angry but i am happy enough with the current solution. :d

thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Navigation in 2 controllists0