Where do I put scripts?
I have created a small python script that works to execute a shell command.

The documentation says to put it in the scripts folder. Surprise, there is no scripts folder. So I looked into the addons folder and tried creating an addon.xml and had no luck getting xbmc to find that either.

So my questions are....on linux (ubuntu), where do I put a simple python script that executes a shell command? Confluence seems to have a script menu button next to the system power button but it is empty. How do I get a script to show up in that menu? Is creating the complex addon.xml necessary for a 3 line python script?

Sorry if this has probably been asked and answered a hundred times but I am having a hard time finding an answer and the documentation is outdated. I remember this used to be easy about 5 years ago. Thanks for any help you can provide.
Please ignore post. Found this which answers my questions.

http://xbmc-gpodder-integration.googleco...%20-R7.pdf
Thanks very much for posting this link. Most of the documentation on the xbmc site related to running python scripts is horribly outdated.
(2013-04-04, 18:42)calculus Wrote: Thanks very much for posting this link. Most of the documentation on the xbmc site related to running python scripts is horribly outdated.

you are oh so wrong. that document is outdated
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Where do I put scripts?0