XBMC takes forever to load movie
Hi guys

Running 10.1 on windows 7 with service pack 1 all my movies and series are scrapped with ember media manager, only once in library mode when i try play a movie it takes about a minute load the movie, sometimes it will play other times it fails. IF the movie fails to play i get the error one or more items failed to played, however if i click on the same movie right after the error it plays immediately. Have about 1500 movies.

I don"t have the problem in tv shows. I saw someone had similar issue and changed back to 9.11 ? anyone have an idea. It happens with nearly every movie.

Think this is the right debug log:

http://pastebin.com/Hkw3VXqe

Plz help
Presumably you were trying to play 2 Days in Paris (2007).avi and it wouldn't play. The error XBMC reports is:

WARNING: could not find codec parameters for E:\Movies\#\2 Days in Paris (2007)\2 Days in Paris (2007).avi

and this means it attempted to analyse the file format and couldn't. Is E: an external drive? Is it possible the drive is spinning down and there's a delay while it spins up again?

I notice there is also a "cannot find codec" errors for "Rough Around the Edges. Live from Madison Square Garden (2007).avi", which is probably XBMC looking at the avi to extract a thumbnail or info.

JR
Never Figured it our, switched to live and didn't have a problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC takes forever to load movie0