xbmc freeze randomly, scrolling movie list
Hi

I have a problem...

xbmc would freeze randomly while scrolling movie list

it doesn't do it all the time
but sometimes when I press scroll up and then down pretty quickly
the whole program would lock up the whole pc..

only way to get out is to press reboot button on pc..

==
pc spec

ati 6950
i5 2500k
16gb ram
Star 
Do you have a 'green drive' you might be looking at a spin-up time out on a green drive or a gfx card pre-fetch cache that is either corrupted or unable to handle the through put. Whatever it is... finding random freezes can be trying. The Up/Down combination that leads you into this... is a clue of some sort and smacks O/S. Have you tried a live O/S XBMC CD... see if that changes anything (or better still migfht be time to move on to Eden for you and see if the bad behaviour follows.

I'm not going to suggest you leave a debug (you could) or more data (O/S etc) but it would help give a more definitive answer. I would be more likely to delete all XBMC logs after turning debug on... than re-start with the intention of causing the issue... when and if it freezes (wait for 2 minutes for a settle down) than paste.com that debug after you have had a good look at it.
PatK Wrote:Do you have a 'green drive' you might be looking at a spin-up time out on a green drive or a gfx card pre-fetch cache that is either corrupted or unable to handle the through put. Whatever it is... finding random freezes can be trying. The Up/Down combination that leads you into this... is a clue of some sort and smacks O/S. Have you tried a live O/S XBMC CD... see if that changes anything (or better still migfht be time to move on to Eden for you and see if the bad behaviour follows.

I'm not going to suggest you leave a debug (you could) or more data (O/S etc) but it would help give a more definitive answer. I would be more likely to delete all XBMC logs after turning debug on... than re-start with the intention of causing the issue... when and if it freezes (wait for 2 minutes for a settle down) than paste.com that debug after you have had a good look at it.

Yes I got a green drive..

How do I do the debug thing and to clear the log first?

I will see if I can post a debug..

I am running xbmc on windows 7..
I don't using live cd is an option cos i need windows 7 for other uses..

Eden is the new build of xbmc?
is that still in beta? and where to download?
10.1 is still the stable build so I prefer to keep it

I only see 10.1

Anyways I don't it is eden will fix.
I think it is something to do with the current pc that is fault...
cos scrolling up then down freezes it
so hard to know what is the cause
Star 
You need to turn on full debugging in Settings>System>Debugging>enable

The debug log is located Vista/Win7: Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\xbmc.log

Paste this to Pastebin.com and provide only the link to that page in a message here.

A few tips here.. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42708

Sounds like you're comfortable with the stable build of Dharma, the Beta of Eden will be out soon.. so sit tight. If you suspect that Eden will not fix the issue... then you should look beyond XBMC for your answer. Do the debug and see what it the last execution in the list is... might be a good clue there.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc freeze randomly, scrolling movie list0