• 8(current)
Dammit.....AllMusic.com (AMG) seems to have stopped scrapers..
I've applied the update to the scraper but now I'm unable to scan in new music with this coming up in the log:

13:55:22 T:4412 ERROR: ADDON::CScraper::Run: Unable to parse web site

I've defiantly copied it in correctly so there must be an issue with the code?

EDIT: Ignore me it's working now :S
thank you for the workaround! sad it needs such a hack to get a review but oh well, where there's a will there's a way!
Just FYI, being on the Team now I can no longer officially support my "friends" patch, but most of you seem to be helping each other, which is great Smile
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2012-04-02, 15:22)bossanova808 Wrote: For openelec users, I don't think a working method has been posted...the advice in previous posts is incomplete.

You must first copy the addons from the read-only system section:
/usr/share/xbmc/addons/metadata.albums.allmusic.com
/usr/share/xbmc/addons/metadata.artists.allmusic.com
/usr/share/xbmc/addons/metadata.common.allmusic.com

..to

/storage/.xbmc/addons

..and THEN copy in the file from page 3 on this thread to this folder:

/storage/.xbmc/addons/metadata.common.allmusic.com

(this will get xbmc to first use the local copies rather than the system level addons, and then you add teh appropriate changed files).

I can confirm the above method works with Openelec nightlies and I am getting album reviews, artist info, pictures etc.

Worked perfectly, thanks! Wink
I'm on ATV but really struggling with issues others have experienced here with failures to scrape correctly.

So I started again : removed the sources, then cleaned the library (through the interface on ATV2), then added the source again.

I set the Scraper default in settings to FreeBase for Artist and Album.

Then I scanned the whole library again.

However I am suffering exactly the same problem as before. The artists are scanned and the info appended but the albums are not scanned. In fact, when I open the Info for any individual album there is no scraper set, even though it is clearly set withing the Settings.

What this means is the only way to scan an album's details is to go in and change the settings for each individual album and Refresh it individually - totally unrealistic!

Very frustrating! Any ideas?
hmm, ive used this fix before and it worked great, but since my allmusic scraper updated itself to 2.1.0 its not scraping album data correctly and the fix wont work. im getting the dreaded "cant download music information due to copyright issues" message again. any chance of someone uploading a new fix?
im using windows 7 and have tried replacing both xmls in the program files and the user directories but no joy.
any help would be great.
cheers.
(2012-05-25, 13:06)theironyuppie Wrote: hmm, ive used this fix before and it worked great, but since my allmusic scraper updated itself to 2.1.0 its not scraping album data correctly and the fix wont work. im getting the dreaded "cant download music information due to copyright issues" message again. any chance of someone uploading a new fix?
im using windows 7 and have tried replacing both xmls in the program files and the user directories but no joy.
any help would be great.
cheers.

Same here. The hack does not work anymore with 2.1.0

My buddy just does a search and replaces any instance of "fake" with "" in the files:

metadata.artists.allmusic.com - addon.xml & allmusic.xml &
metadata.albums.allmusic.com - addon.xml & allmusic.xml

But I can't test or endorse that. Just a commit I noticed going into his personal builds, not something we could endorse for XBMC distribution ofc.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2012-05-27, 07:23)eyelander Wrote:
(2012-05-25, 13:06)theironyuppie Wrote: hmm, ive used this fix before and it worked great, but since my allmusic scraper updated itself to 2.1.0 its not scraping album data correctly and the fix wont work. im getting the dreaded "cant download music information due to copyright issues" message again. any chance of someone uploading a new fix?
any help would be great.
cheers.

Same here. The hack does not work anymore with 2.1.0

I am also experiencing issues with 2.1.0, wont scrap artist or album info
so why don't you read the post just above yours then?
Sorry, yeah I followed DDDamian's instructions above but its still not scrapping the artist or album.
further to DDDamian & aTTiLaz ---- there are no instances of fake found in the aforementioned xml's yet allmusic isn't scraping. if I use lastfm scraper it does but it isn't allmusic.. i.e allmusic scraping= best
grmm... can you paste your allmusic.xml to pastebin then for me?

On the side note: for artists, the Universal Scraper is now the new flagship of the scrapers...
Olympia .. will be trying the Universal Scraper later today & will post the xml as soon as I can
yesterday the first time ever I loaded music into XBMC....
and...I had'nt any success with the allmusic scraper...
so I switched to the universal scraper and it works...
works means: nearly 50% of artist were found...
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dammit.....AllMusic.com (AMG) seems to have stopped scrapers..2