• 7(current)
Dammit.....AllMusic.com (AMG) seems to have stopped scrapers..
(2012-04-02, 12:25)phyrros1 Wrote: Hi ,

When I do an "Update library" the script only scrapes data for artists and albums which were newly added to the library. It does not update the artist and album information which have been added to the library before changing the allmusic.xml file and which have this Allmusic copyright issue message. A "manually" refresh for each artist separately the does do the trick, but that's annoying.
Any idea how update the library in one scratch other than deleting and rebuilding it from scratch ?
Cheers

Phyrros

I think your only option is to delete the music database (MyMusic##.db) and let it rebuild completely.
(2012-04-02, 12:25)phyrros1 Wrote: Hi ,

When I do an "Update library" the script only scrapes data for artists and albums which were newly added to the library. It does not update the artist and album information which have been added to the library before changing the allmusic.xml file and which have this Allmusic copyright issue message. A "manually" refresh for each artist separately the does do the trick, but that's annoying.
Any idea how update the library in one scratch other than deleting and rebuilding it from scratch ?
Cheers

Phyrros

AFAIK this is a long standing issue with xbmc, and there is no way other than to do the dreaded "start again"

I do wish this would get some attention.

Let us know if you find out there is a way!

Mark.
Wouldn't it be feasible to rely on other sources then? I mean... there is a lot of stuff around which is like allmusic.com - musicbrainz.org comes to mind, discogs.com is another example.
Could be that I am completely missing the point here - only read the first page of the thread Wink
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

All comes down to someone writing the appropriate scraper Wink
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
For openelec users, I don't think a working method has been posted...the advice in previous posts is incomplete.

You must first copy the addons from the read-only system section:
/usr/share/xbmc/addons/metadata.albums.allmusic.com
/usr/share/xbmc/addons/metadata.artists.allmusic.com
/usr/share/xbmc/addons/metadata.common.allmusic.com

..to

/storage/.xbmc/addons

..and THEN copy in the file from page 3 on this thread to this folder:

/storage/.xbmc/addons/metadata.common.allmusic.com

(this will get xbmc to first use the local copies rather than the system level addons, and then you add teh appropriate changed files).

I can confirm the above method works with Openelec nightlies and I am getting album reviews, artist info, pictures etc.

Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
just wanted to say thanks to DDDamian and the rest of the posters here. changed the 2 files (special and program file versions) and it worked a treat. cheers.
Big thanks from me too!
thanks for this great fix!
edit

for ubuntu, the path of the file is

but for unix newbies, you fill NOT find this by pressing home and navigating... you have to go back one level from "home"... something called the file system... not terribly easy to find/understand, but nevertheless, for anyone else on linux who is not having success, the above path is the folder to put the modified allmusic.xml file

cheers!
edit
see solution in post above
does this work with 12.0 alpha

i didnt have a xbmc addon in my application support, but it was inside applications/xbmc/resources/addons etc

when i update now, i get no info at all, its just blank and the "blabblablabla cant get review is gone" but now its nothing there

tried everything, doesnt seem to work with 12.0 alpha. FACK :/
TV: UE55F8005
XBMC: Mac mini 2012 with windows 8.1
SOUND: Sonos playbar + Sonos Sub + 2x Rear Play: 3
It does.
Well what am i doing wring, download the file/copy everything, go instead textedit, rename file allmusic

changed from rtf to .xml

Copy it it inside applications/xbmc/resources/addons/allmusic common etc

When i scan/refresh i got no info
if someone could upload their file and tell me (osx side) where i have to put it, as i dont have a folder name allmusic common etc inside /users/library/application support/xbmc/addons

and i have put inside applications/xbmc/resources/addons/allmusic common
(2012-05-03, 10:11)henrikyo Wrote: if someone could upload their file and tell me (osx side) where i have to put it, as i dont have a folder name allmusic common etc inside /users/library/application support/xbmc/addons

and i have put inside applications/xbmc/resources/addons/allmusic common

Hi
in linux its at
which is near the root of the system... so not within your user profile if you know what i mean...

Thanks,
Mark.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dammit.....AllMusic.com (AMG) seems to have stopped scrapers..2