Problem with channels switching in Margro PVR build (4.12.2011)
Hi,

I have problem with latest build of XBMC-PVR from Margro (4.12.2011).
The problem is following when I playing liveTV channel and I start browsing TV channels list (in fullscreen mode or in small window) current channels stops working after approximately 2sec. and often XBMC crashes.
Second when I tried to change channels when one is already running, very often happens that XBMC crashes or hand up for long time.

I am using MediaPortal 1.2.1 as a backend and recent MP-XBMC plug-in from Margro (TSReader - ver. 4.12.2011).
Right now I am not at home so I cannot post any log files, I will do it asap.

Have experienced similar problems?

Best regards,
superbaton
Same/similar issue here. Installed latest pvr build in ppa on live distro. Pvr works perfectly for one channel. If i try to stop the channel or select another channel from the live tv menu the system hangs anf i must do a reset. Im running latest tvserverxbmc plugin and latest mediaportal on a windows 7 64bit backend. My xbmc logs show "failed to get stream error" i ran stand alone tvserverxbmc and i see it capture and play the first channel but nothing comes across when i try the second channel and xbmc hangs?

This happens regardless of what channel i try first and/or what channel i try changing to.
Interesting that you guys get crashes. I havent had the 4.12.2011 build crash yet but I do have a problem with sound when changing from one channel to another. If I change channels while one channel is playing then the next channel starts with no sound. The only way to get the sound to play is to press stop and then start the channel again and then everything is fine.
Well I've now narrowed it down to something with my linux install. I installed a fresh copy of the live distribution, added the repository and configured the addon and I have the same results so I downloaded and installed ubuntu and installed the ppa in ubuntu, configured the addon and I get the same results. However, I installed a copy on one of my windows 7 desktops and it worked flawlessly. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong on the linux side, or if that is a known bug that I've missed in a forum somewhere.
I also have this crash when changing channels. Im using windows 7 and channel changing is working when going from SD - SD / HD - HD.
But when when changing channels from SD - HD / HD - SD nothing happens.
I have other problem with same PVR Version. When I try to turn up or turn down volume when a movie is playing, the channel list or the EPG list or navigation bar (MUSIC, MOVIES, IMAGES, SYSTEM,...) is shown. The volume follow my indications and really turn up or down but I don't know why one of three appears randomly.

I hope that this bug will be fixed before official Eden will be released.

This problem doesn't appear with Dharma.
The only problem I experience with 041211 is when I'm watching a single channel for a while. Usually after an hour or so, it suddenly locks up. I think it's a memory issue but I generally can't be arsed to hook up mouse and keyboard to the HTPC to do some debugging.

Anyway, channel switching works fine for me. Mediaportal 1.2.1, linked via TSReader. Running both front-end and back-end Windows 7 x64, same machine. On the tuner end is a Technotrend TT-1500. It's Digitenne so only SD, can't test switching from SD to HD.
Quote:I also have this crash when changing channels. Im using windows 7 and channel changing is working when going from SD - SD / HD - HD.
But when when changing channels from SD - HD / HD - SD nothing happens.

I have the same issue. If I remember correctly Margro has mentioned this problem at some point so I think this is known by him.

Quote:The only problem I experience with 041211 is when I'm watching a single channel for a while. Usually after an hour or so, it suddenly locks up. I think it's a memory issue but I generally can't be arsed to hook up mouse and keyboard to the HTPC to do some debugging.

I experience the same at my setup.
Same lockup problems for me, using the latest margro version (running on Win7 32bit)

So have gone back to the September release which seem the most stable for me.
ask margro to do another merge from the main pvr branch, and it should be solved (unless the bugs are in the add-on code ofcourse)
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
I have the same issue, but after ~10 minutes..very annoying..

after searching logs i found out that the tvserverxbmc plugin hang up after reseting the timeshift cache..

ts writer log from the tv server: http://pastebin.com/iqZYBtWQ
tv.log from the tv server: http://pastebin.com/J6Cm8jBA

You need to look for the time 19:36:55 in both logs.

I do not exactly know which program produce this error but the mediaportal live stream works with its own mediacenter so it should be the xbmc plugin.

i have searched on the mdiaportal forum and here but without any progress..
Thanks for these log files, but unfortunately the problem is not the TVServerXBMC plugin. The error in the log indicates that the connection between the TVServerXBMC plugin and the MediaPortal PVR addon was lost.
My guess is that everything is working again after a restart of XBMC. In that case the problem is on the XBMC side (either XBMC or the pvr addon).

The PVR addon will normally try to reconnect and this does not happen, so without the corresponding XBMC.log (debug log) I can only guess that either XBMC crashed completely or you killed XBMC (no normal shutdown).

What happened at the XBMC side is not visible in these log files, but a deadlock could be the cause.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
first thank you for the fast reply!

Jeah, when the live tv freeze, xbmc is locked up. I need to close, restart xbmc and everything is working fine until next freeze.

It happens everytime I want to watch live tv and I shut down my windows normally, no hard power off :-)
With your last build it worked fine, but I had another problem where the plugin could not be started properly so I did a fresh & clean install with your 4-12 build.

In the xbmc log is no error, just warnings about the sound is skipped a very short amount of time, but I can provide these if you want to take a look at it.

I post a log in the next 30 minutes.

xbmc.log : http://pastebin.com/gsyUZM5C
new tv.log: http://pastebin.com/Dc2C8pS6
new tswriter log: http://pastebin.com/qwWzvj9V

time to look: 21:14:11
I solved this annoying behaviour by installing latest build from
http://xbmc.opdenkamp.eu/

and copy paste the addon directory from mediaportal and 4the record from the 4-12 build to the latest build in opdenkamp
thank you very much for tipp!

EDIT: With the new xbmc pvr version(beta1) this problem is also solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with channels switching in Margro PVR build (4.12.2011)0