• 9(current)
[Release] Common plugin cache
Error Contents: Could not get AddonPtr given a script id of script.common.plugin.cache.beta.If you are trying to use 'os.getcwd' to set the path, you cannot do that in a Version: 2.1.0 plugin
addon has been updated again and start script error is no more here.
Great !
Sorry for being so absent. real life has gotten in the way quite a lot over the last long time.

This latest push 2.5.3 has not been made by me or Henrik. We have protocols(or rather code) implemented to make sure this specific error can't happen when push.

I will be pushing updates at some point in february. (for youtube too).

Sadly i won't have any time at all to look into any issues for the rest of this week.

For those experiencing issues, here are your two solutions:
1) Rollback the cache to version 2.5.2
2) remove the ".beta" from line 744 in the file ~/.xbmc/addons/script.common.plugin.cache/lib/StorageServer.py
3) wait for someone to fix this

The line should go from:
settings = xbmcaddon.Addon(id='script.common.plugin.cache.beta')
to:
settings = xbmcaddon.Addon(id='script.common.plugin.cache')

Remember to keep the indention for the line. Else it will fail even more Smile
(2014-02-06, 23:55)TobiasTheCommie Wrote: For those experiencing issues, here are your two solutions:
1) Rollback the cache to version 2.5.2
2) remove the ".beta" from line 744 in the file ~/.xbmc/addons/script.common.plugin.cache/lib/StorageServer.py
3) wait for someone to fix this

Hi Tobias. Not to worry. I am sure most will appreciate your schedule is tight.

However, you state 2 solutions but show 3.

Does it need rollback and .beta removal or are they the two separates?

Keep up the outstanding work!
(2014-02-06, 23:52)realtebo Wrote: addon has been updated again and start script error is no more here.
Great !

So looks like they fixed it? I was having the issue on version 2.5.3. I just checked my HTPC and now its version 2.5.4 and the script error appears to have stopped.

Many thanks

EDIT: :Looks like the change log is not being updated in a while latest version in there is 1.5.2
(2014-02-06, 23:55)TobiasTheCommie Wrote: Sorry for being so absent. real life has gotten in the way quite a lot over the last long time.

Thanks to you for all work done until now !
Looks like Koying and co have done the job! The latest update of the common cache add-on has fixed the issue and Gotham is now great on Android (pivos for me).
can you completely purge the cache (remove all entries) by table name (plugin name)?

I want to force a cache purge before it's expiration, is this possible with a simple function?

::Nevermind::

Found answer here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1518760
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2014-01-01, 22:45)moreginger Wrote: I'm trying to Pickle something to the common plugin cache and I get:
Code:
File "/home/ZZZZ/.xbmc/addons/script.common.plugin.cache/lib/StorageServer.py", line 416, in _sqlSet
self._log(u"Update : " + data, 3)
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 0: ordinal not in range(128)

Looks like someone else reported an issue like this a few days ago too (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=181395) - coincidence or has something changed recently?

+1 I'm running into the same problem!
Since today I have been keept on getting "Failed to start commoncache" errors.
I turned on debug mode and this is what I got.

Code:
[StorageServer-2.5.4] '_sock_init' : ''
[StorageServer-2.5.4] '_sock_init' : 'Done: ('127.0.0.1', 59994)'
[StorageServer-2.5.4] '_startDB' : 'sql3 - C:\Users\Mikkel\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\cache\commoncache.db'
[StorageServer-2.5.4] 'run' : 'Exception: error(10013, 'Det blev fors\xf8gt at f\xe5 adgang til en socket p\xe5 en m\xe5de, der er forbudt af den p\xe5g\xe6ldende sockets adgangstilladelser')'
[StorageServer-2.5.4] '_showMessage' : '<type 'unicode'> - <type 'unicode'>'
I havnt changed anything what so ever, It just suddenly started to happen, was working fine yesterday.
I am also getting a similar error:

Code:
10:34:03 T:11160  NOTICE:  StorageServer Module loaded RUN
10:34:03 T:11160  NOTICE: StorageClient-2.5.4 Starting server
10:34:03 T:11160  NOTICE: [StorageServer-2.5.4] '_sock_init' : ''
10:34:03 T:11160  NOTICE: [StorageServer-2.5.4] '_sock_init' : 'Done: ('127.0.0.1', 59994)'
10:34:03 T:2064  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
10:34:03 T:11160  NOTICE: [StorageServer-2.5.4] '_startDB' : 'sql3 - C:\Users\Ken User\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\cache\commoncache.db'
10:34:03 T:11160  NOTICE: [StorageServer-2.5.4] 'run' : 'Exception: error(10048, 'Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted')'
10:34:03 T:11160  NOTICE: [StorageServer-2.5.4] '_showMessage' : '<type 'unicode'> - <type 'unicode'>'
Everything was fine until xbmc crashed, it was crashed by an addon, p2p-stream. Restarted xbmc and the "Failed to start commoncache" error occurred. Restarting the device solves the problem, at least for me.
Is there any hope of common Cache running on Boxee Box with xbmc 13.1? Not sure where the problem lies but if there is a fix , it would be nice to have it. For info see boxeed.in. Go to the forums there and see what is happening with common cache
Any plans on fixing this? been an issue for a long time... is anyone maintaining this plugin?

Code:
20:33:30 T:8424   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xb4' in position 4456: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "D:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.common.plugin.cache\default.py", line 40, in <module>
                                                run()
                                              File "D:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.common.plugin.cache\default.py", line 35, in run
                                                s.run()
                                              File "D:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.common.plugin.cache/lib\StorageServer.py", line 247, in run
                                                self._runCommand(data)
                                              File "D:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.common.plugin.cache/lib\StorageServer.py", line 173, in _runCommand
                                                res = self._sqlSet(data["table"], data["name"], data["data"])
                                              File "D:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.common.plugin.cache/lib\StorageServer.py", line 417, in _sqlSet
                                                self._log(u"Update : " + data.decode('utf8', 'ignore'), 3)
                                              File "D:\XBMC\system\python\Lib\encodings\utf_8.py", line 16, in decode
                                                return codecs.utf_8_decode(input, errors, True)
                                            UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xb4' in position 4456: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
Hi,

I'am a user of nba pass league plugin, and get an error with common plugin cache when i start it.
Here's the log : http://pastebin.com/h47tb4aV.

Bibi
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Common plugin cache1