[Release] Simple downloader
Memphiz Wrote:@TobiasTheCommie

Hi - i think amet already mailed you. It seems your script spams our logs (though unwanted i guess).

Code:
ADDON: extension 'downloader/' is not currently supported for service addon

Extension point service needs a "library" attribute. Not sure why you even provide that extension point (downloader isn't a service imho). So either you drop that extension point. Or if its needed (not quiet into it) you have to provide the Library attribute pointing to a .py (no clue again which should that be in your case).

Would be great if you could fix this and do a pr request on the addon mailing list.

Thx

Memphiz

Yes, this is fixed in trunk.
I haven't used the YouTube plugin for awhile, and when I started using it again today I started getting an error. After a little digging I found that it is due to the lib\SimpleDownloader.py on line 107 where it tries to create a directory that already exists in my case. So if I comment out that line everything works perfectly:

Code:
self.temporary_path = self.xbmc.translatePath(self.settings.getAddonInfo("profile"))
if not self.xbmcvfs.exists(self.temporary_path):
   self.common.log("Making path structure: " + repr(self.temporary_path))
   #os.makedirs(self.temporary_path)

self.common.log("Done")

I noticed that the directory is getting created in the userdata that is local on the machine, but in my advanced settings I have the addon_data folder substituted to a network address. I suspect this may be where the problem lies. This is what the relevant line from my advancedsettings.xml looks like:

Code:
<substitute>
   <from>special://masterprofile/addon_data/</from>
   <to>smb://192.168.1.10/XBMC/addon_data/</to>
</substitute>

Hopefully this is enough for you to go on to help pinpoint why the script thinks the directory doesn't already exist, and therefore tries to create it even if it actually does exist in my case.
Don't use that because s lot of add-ons won't work if you use path substitute.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Okay - thanks for the feedback Martijn. I'll keep that in mind. I have over a dozen add-ons installed and this is the only one that I have troubles with. I'll just keep my hack in place since it makes the add-on work for me, and I like sharing the add-on configurations across all of my installs without having to create the symbolic links. Just thought I'd give everyone a heads up in case someone was experiencing similar issues.
(2012-05-21, 17:53)teevee Wrote: Okay - thanks for the feedback Martijn. I'll keep that in mind. I have over a dozen add-ons installed and this is the only one that I have troubles with. I'll just keep my hack in place since it makes the add-on work for me, and I like sharing the add-on configurations across all of my installs without having to create the symbolic links. Just thought I'd give everyone a heads up in case someone was experiencing similar issues.

Well perhaps if that line is changed to:

PHP Code:
xbmcvfs.mkdir(self.temporary_path
it does work for you?
Ah, thanks for putting me on the right track. Changing it to:

Code:
self.xbmcvfs.mkdir(self.temporary_path)

solves the issue. Now it correctly uses the remote location to create the folder. Thanks Martijn!
(2012-05-21, 20:11)teevee Wrote: Ah, thanks for putting me on the right track. Changing it to:

Code:
self.xbmcvfs.mkdir(self.temporary_path)

solves the issue. Now it correctly uses the remote location to create the folder. Thanks Martijn!

no problem

Big Grin
Any ETA of the next repo PR with the requested fixes?
I believe Martijn has already spoken to you about using a skin's DialogProgressBar.xml instead of your addon's DialogDownloadProgress.xml so the progress bar doesn't get in the way and look out of place in different skins (see below) and I was just wondering if this will be implemented anytime soon?

Thanks.

Hi,

I'm having a strange behavior since some time now : the ProgressDialog no more shows up on a download :S

When i choose to download a file, it's downloading, but no progress info about that, it just shows up a popup when the download is finished.

I've checked my errorlog :
Code:
17:09:00 T:6252  NOTICE: The Trailers addon: start downloading: Flight-trailer-h1080p.mov to path: F:\Videos\Trailers
17:09:00 T:6972   ERROR: C:\Users\Inervo\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.simple.downloader\lib\DialogDownloadProgress.py:136: DeprecationWarning: object.__init__() takes no parameters
                                              xbmcgui.WindowXMLDialog.__init__(self, *args, **kwargs)
17:09:00 T:6972 WARNING: 'xbmcgui.lock()' is depreciated and serves no purpose anymore, it will be removed in future releases
17:09:00 T:6972 WARNING: 'xbmcgui.unlock()' is depreciated and serves no purpose anymore, it will be removed in future releases
17:09:00 T:6972   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
17:09:00 T:6972   ERROR:   File "C:\Users\Inervo\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.simple.downloader\lib\DialogDownloadProgress.py", line 227, in initialize
17:09:00 T:6972   ERROR:     self.background = self.controls["background"].addControl(self.window)
17:09:00 T:6972   ERROR:   File "C:\Users\Inervo\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.simple.downloader\lib\DialogDownloadProgress.py", line 128, in addControl
17:09:00 T:6972   ERROR:     window.addControl(self.control)
17:09:00 T:6972   ERROR: AttributeError: Control instance has no attribute 'control'
17:09:00 T:6972   ERROR:   File "C:\Users\Inervo\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.simple.downloader\lib\DialogDownloadProgress.py", line 233, in initialize
17:09:00 T:6972   ERROR:     self.heading = self.controls["heading"].addControl(self.window)
17:09:00 T:6972   ERROR:   File "C:\Users\Inervo\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.simple.downloader\lib\DialogDownloadProgress.py", line 128, in addControl
17:09:00 T:6972   ERROR: AttributeError: Control instance has no attribute 'control'
17:09:00 T:6972   ERROR:   File "C:\Users\Inervo\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.simple.downloader\lib\DialogDownloadProgress.py", line 240, in initialize
17:09:00 T:6972   ERROR:     self.label = self.controls["label"].addControl(self.window)
17:09:00 T:6972   ERROR:   File "C:\Users\Inervo\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.simple.downloader\lib\DialogDownloadProgress.py", line 247, in initialize
17:09:00 T:6972   ERROR:     self.progress = self.controls["progress"].addControl(self.window)

I've got this error with whatever addons i'm using (youtube, the trailers).

I've tried to fully reinstall XBMC. No luck either.

I'm using :
WIN7 64 bit
XBMC: 12 alpha 7
Skin : Confluence (default)
Simple downloader : 0.9.3

Am I the only one with this bug ?
See
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13500
This Add-on needs some love.
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
(2012-11-09, 18:39)Martijn Wrote: See
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13500

Thanks for your reply.

I've looked at the commit, it seems it'll fix the warning about lock / unlock, but will it fix the error on script.module.simple.downloader\lib\​DialogDownloadProgress.py:136: DeprecationWarning: object.__init__() takes no parameters xbmcgui.WindowXMLDialog.__init__(self, *args, **kwargs) ?

Or is this another problem (perhaps on my side, hope not)

(2012-11-09, 19:33)sphere Wrote: This Add-on needs some love.
I'm loving it, that's why i'm here trying to fix it Smile
Greeting everyone, I'm now working on the add-ons that fetch the list of class materials(PDF,PPT files) from my faculty server as my Senior Project.

But now I've no idea how to make an index of those files and download it when press Enter button(or right click download) instead of playing behavior.

Anyone have an experience of making that kinds of add-ons here can give me any suggestion ?

Thank you !
(2012-11-09, 19:33)sphere Wrote: This Add-on needs some love.

We're working on it Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Simple downloader0