Problem jailbreaking new ATV2 on iOS 4.3. Please help!
Hi,

Just got a new ATV2, and I'm trying to jailbreak it with the latest Seas0npass and iTunes. The firmware is iOS 4.3, and i'd like to keep it that way Smile

However, im having a hard time flashing the unit through iTunes, initiated by Seas0npass. It throws Error 1645, and "Could not restore your Apple TV". I've tried the same procedure 8-10 times, but I keep getting the same error message.

Does anyone have any pointers as to where I go from here? Smile
Try a different USB cable. You can also try looking on the Seas0nPass forums to see if anyone there may know. I have seen a few other recommendations on things to try there but I do not remember what they are off the top of my head.
block134 Wrote:Try a different USB cable. You can also try looking on the Seas0nPass forums to see if anyone there may know. I have seen a few other recommendations on things to try there but I do not remember what they are off the top of my head.

I don't think it's the cable. I jailbreaked two other ATV2's with the same cable (also iOS 4.3) a month ago. I'll check the Seas0npass forums. Smile
I had the same problem and did this

Quote:
Open terminal - then you should enter "sudo nano /private/etc/hosts"... There you should find a line with an ip adress pointing to gs.apple.com - remove this line or put a "#" to comment out. Restart the JB or restoring process - and you should be fine...
i've read the fix that Gokgok states.

if that doesn't work. i would try restoring your ATV. while your atv is hooked up to your computer, go into iTunes and right click (or ctrl) on the apple tv in the left menu. there should be an option to restore.

i remember having to do this a while back. restore it, and then try again.
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
README 1ST BEFORE POSTING
Quote:This is not a jailbreak forum, and discussion on this topic here is not permitted. All jailbreak posts on this forum will be moved/deleted, and repeat offenders will be warned then banned if it continues.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem jailbreaking new ATV2 on iOS 4.3. Please help!0