Looking for success reports with CrystalHD cards
The team is trying to fix the CrystalHD on Windows problems, and first I need to find out the extent of the issue, and if this works at all.
Please reply if you're successfully running with a Crystal HD card in Windows, with a recent nightly version preferably.
We know there is a problem and have enough negative reports. We're looking only for positive reports in this thread.

You'll know that the CrystalHD card is actually being used when the codec in the codec information screen (press o during playback) shows one of the following codecs:
- chd-h264
- chd-vc1
- chd-mpeg2
- chd-wmv3

Otherwise you're getting software playback and not acceleration by the CrystalHD.

Please include your OS and card type (70012 or 70015) in your replies.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
-sorry misuderstod the thread-
bump
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Hi all,

I know it's useless to say that I'm having the same problem. But maybe it's good to know the specs and OS version of the people who are having this problem?

My specs:

Shuttle XG41
Intel Core 2 Duo E7400
4 GB DDR3
Windows 7 x64
Intel G41 Chipset with x4500 onboard GPU
BCM970015 Broadcom HW decoder (x64 driver version: 3.6.9)

Would it be usefull for me to try a different Windows version like Windows 7 x86 or Windows XP?
I also have problems with the CrystalHD. MP4 movies are stuttering, stopping shortly, then speeding up for a while. Audio is normal.

My specs:

Lenovo X61 Tablet
Intel Core 2 Duo 1.6 GHz
8 GB RAM
Intel GMA X3100
BCM970015 Card in the 2nd Mini-E-Slot
Windows XP Tablet Edition 2005 with SP3
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1, tested with Aero on and off

I tested XBMC in real-fullscreen mode (1400x1050), and in fullscreen-window mode. Vertical Sync is mostly off. If the Broadcom decoder is switched off in XBMC, mp4 playback works fine.

Some tips:

- Create a free mp4 test/demo video which has a timecode hard-stamped in it, so that there is something for users to compare. It must'nt be a Full-HD video, even low-quality mp4's are stuttering when the decoder is on.
- If possible, somebody should program a little demo player for mp4 videos which is making use of the Broadcom decoder. This player should generate a timecode which is displayed on the movie window. So by recording a screencapture developers could see the exact behaviour. The demo player should output some kind of log file, maybe in .csv format. This should at least contain the timecode and the cpu usage.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking for success reports with CrystalHD cards0