SiriProxy-XBMC
Can this maybe made into a Cydia tool/app? There seems to be many Siri addons.
(2013-02-11, 21:15)DJXFMA Wrote: I just came a cross the SiriProxy stuff. And I really liked so much I started to learn the Ruby language to code some stuff in.
I have a XBMCBuntu Frodo 12 version with is running the original SiriProxy on boot.

This XBMC plugin is awesome, indeed the play option was irritating because of the music playing part.
So I started a Fork on pattrickketner's modified fork of the original plugin by brainwave9.

I've updated and cleaned all the sources so it become's easier to modify.

The next updates I have maded in my version:
  • Support for Frodo 12
  • Added support for Fanart, Thumbnail and Year
  • Added thumbnail when using command whatch (only works for Movie or Episode. Not Season, TVShow)
  • Cleaned the code even more..
  • Listen operation watch and what's are now one, fused with query

Keep in mind that the image could maybe not be shown when using a password on the 80 or 8080 port.
I use a image call which is supported true XBMC itself.

https://github.com/DJXFMA/SiriProxy-XBMC

Use
git://github.com/DJXFMA/SiriProxy-XBMC.git

Love what your doing. Can you help me? I need the gui commands like up,down,select, context menu. I am a quadriplegic so I would love every little tweak to this plugin. Right now I got a mic. running across my room hooked up to voxcommando for control. Works great but a wire runs across the floor.
(2011-12-09, 09:08)brainwave9 Wrote: I made a first attempt to have Siri interface with XBMC using Siri Proxy.

See the short demo at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fQSLhLnNzo
The source code is at https://github.com/brainwave9/SiriProxy-XBMC

Hi brainwave9,

Why is the video muted?

Thanks.

Cool
I'm on a Raspberry Pi and i'm looking for:

siriproxy-xbmc.rb
Has anyone got this working?
Works like a charm!

But now I want to alter the rb file, to add a phrase. Because it takes a while that Siri shows the recently..., I want her to say one moment please.

So if someone could help me out, to find the right file to edit en where I can get find the file.
Something I haven't seen in other forks, which I've implemented in mine: Fuzzy matching for what you want to watch. It will automatically select the best match between both movies and TV shows to what you asked for. Give it a try and let me know how it works.

https://github.com/Hackworth/SiriProxy-XBMC
Is it possible to connect this to the isy plugin? I would like to be able to say "pause" and have the lights come on then off when I resume the video.
(2013-04-09, 07:59)michaeldecharon Wrote: Works like a charm!

But now I want to alter the rb file, to add a phrase. Because it takes a while that Siri shows the recently..., I want her to say one moment please.

So if someone could help me out, to find the right file to edit en where I can get find the file.

I don't really understand what you mean?

When do you want it to say one moment please. Just a note as well, it will say it straight away as soon as the command is ran so it will still feel like it takes a long time as it will not say it during the scan.

Anyway if it's for recently added movies then this should work, in the SiriProxy-XBMC.rb file change this

Code:
# recently added movies
  listen_for /recent.*movies/i do
    if (@xbmc.connect(@active_room))
      data = @xbmc.get_recently_added_movies()
      list = ""
      data["movies"].each { |movie| list = list + movie["label"] + "\n" }
      say list, spoken: "Here are your recently added movies"
    end
    request_completed #always complete your request! Otherwise the phone will "spin" at the user!
  end

to something along the lines of this:

Code:
# recently added movies
   say "One moment please"
      list = ""
    end
    request_completed #always complete your request! Otherwise the phone will "spin" at the user!
  end
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
(2013-05-17, 22:29)deanmv Wrote:
(2013-04-09, 07:59)michaeldecharon Wrote: Works like a charm!

I don't really understand what you mean?

When do you want it to say one moment please. Just a note as well, it will say it straight away as soon as the command is ran so it will still feel like it takes a long time as it will not say it during the scan.

Anyway if it's for recently added movies then this should work, in the SiriProxy-XBMC.rb file change this

Code:
# recently added movies
      list = ""
    end
  end

to something along the lines of this:

Code:
# recently added movies
   say "One moment please"
      list = ""
    end
  end

Thanks for your reply!

I also notice that it only say the phrase after the scan, so therefor I wouldn't change a thing.
It says it after the scan? As long as you put the new "say" line where I have then it *should* say it straight away and then scan the library as the say command is before the if (library scan) command.

Then again I have never tried to run two say commands within one "listen_for" so could be that?
Set Up
(2013-05-18, 23:29)deanmv Wrote: It says it after the scan? As long as you put the new "say" line where I have then it *should* say it straight away and then scan the library as the say command is before the if (library scan) command.

Then again I have never tried to run two say commands within one "listen_for" so could be that?

I've tried it and no mater where I put the phrase: say "One moment please" Siri says it after the scan.
(2013-05-19, 10:46)michaeldecharon Wrote:
(2013-05-18, 23:29)deanmv Wrote: It says it after the scan? As long as you put the new "say" line where I have then it *should* say it straight away and then scan the library as the say command is before the if (library scan) command.

I've tried it and no mater where I put the phrase: say "One moment please" Siri says it after the scan.

Interesting... did you try it without the other "say" command? Although that then would be pointless just as a test.
Set Up
(2013-05-17, 06:41)Griffjon Wrote: Is it possible to connect this to the isy plugin? I would like to be able to say "pause" and have the lights come on then off when I resume the video.

not needed... you just need to incorporate the isy plugin into XBMC. So the control will occur after the command from Siri... if it were to be incorporated into this setup, you'd have to manage two configs!!
Hi,

could anyone help me to get this working?

Everytime I'm adding the plugin to the confiy.yml my dns server isn't starting anymore:

[Info - Server] DNS server is not running yet, waiting 1 second...
[Info - Server] DNS server is not running yet, waiting 2 second...
[Info - Server] DNS server is not running yet, waiting 4 seconds...

and this goes on till the dns server stops completely.

My config.yml looks like this:

Code:
    listen: 172.17.61.226
    port: 443
    log_level: 1

#Create an array of DNS servers for use by internal DNS server and resolving guzzoni.apple.com
    upstream_dns: [8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4]

#Set your computer's IP for use by the internal DNS server
    # server_ip: 192.168.1.100

#Set effective user when running as root. Supply a non-privileged user (such as 'nobody')
    # user: nobody

plugins:
        # NOTE: run bundle after changing plugin configurations to update required gems

- name: 'Example'
          path: './plugins/siriproxy-example'

- name: 'Lightmanager'
          path: './plugins/siriproxy-lightmanager'

- name: 'Zitat'
          git: 'git://github.com/muhkuh0815/siriproxy-zitat.git'

- name: 'ChuckNorris'
          git: 'git://github.com/robbederks/SiriProxy-ChuckNorris.git'

- name: 'TV'
          git: 'git://github.com/muhkuh0815/SiriProxy-TV.git'

- name: 'Lotto'
          git: 'git://github.com/muhkuh0815/SiriProxy-Lotto.git'

- name: 'XBMC'
          git: 'git://github.com/DJXFMA/SiriProxy-XBMC.git'
          xbmc_host: '172.17.15.11'    #Internal IP address of your computer running XBMC.
          xbmc_port: 8002              #Port that the XBMC interface listens to.
          xbmc_username: 'xbmc'        #Username as specified in XBMC
          xbmc_password: 'lew'         #password as specified in XBMC

# - name: 'Calc'
        #    git: 'git://github.com/muhkuh0815/SiriProxy-Calc.git'

# - name: 'Thermostat'
        #   git: 'git://github.com/plamoni/SiriProxy-Thermostat.git'
        #   host: '192.168.2.71'

# - name: 'Twitter'    
        #   path: './plugins/siriproxy-twitter' # path works just like specifing in gemfile
        #   consumer_key: "YOUR_KEY"
        #   consumer_secret: "YOUR_SECRET"
        #   oauth_token: "YOUR_TOKEN"
        #   oauth_token_secret: "YOUR_TOKEN_SECRET"

# Note: Eliza should not be run with other plugins
        # - name: 'Eliza'
        #   path: './plugins/siriproxy-eliza' # path works just like specifing in gemfile

# Below are not actual plugins, just further example of config options

# - SimplePlugin # simple syntax for plugins that are in rubygems and have no config

# - name: 'AnotherPlugin'
        #   git: 'git://github.com/netpro2k/SiriProxy-AnotherPlugin.git' # git works just like specifying in Gemfile

When I'm deleting the xmbc plugin out of the config.yml everythings works just fine.

Thanks in advance!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SiriProxy-XBMC0