HTPC sleep issue
Will try my best to explain the issue...

My HTPC is setup with XBMC. Everything works fine except the sleep pattern. I use MCE Standby tool and think I have it setup correctly. Its very close to the reccomended settings on the vendors website.I have it set to S3. My BIOS is set to S3 as well. I have a scheduled task that shuts the PC down every night at 1am. The BIOS is set to power the PC up everyday at 4pm. The shutdown/startup works fine. I would expect the PC to startup at 4, then go into sleep mode after 15 minutes of inactivity. The problem is that sometimes, after 4pm, I notice the PC is not sleeping. It will be running. When I try to power it up with my MCE remote, the red light on the remote reciever just stays solid red and the PC does not respond...I get a NO SIGNAL message on my TV. I have to shutdown, reboot at that point.

ANy ideas? Thanks.
I should also note that XBMC launches automatically uppon startup or waking. I wonder if it is getting hung? I see that some people use EventGhost to actually shutdown XBMC before putting the PC into sleep. I do not do this currently. I have an action setup on my Logitech remote that pretty much just sends the Power command to the PC, which puts it directly into sleep when I'm done with it. I think I may try sending a different command when I power off the system so that EventGhost can gracefully shutdown XBMC, then put the PC to sleep.

Any other suggestions are welcome.
Did you try disabling MCE Standby Tool and just use the Windows OS for sleep? I had a setup through the built-in Task Scheduler.

What motherboard and are the chipset drivers up to date?
I think I have got this issue resolved. I took your advice and removed MCE standby tool and am using Windows sleep settings. Also, when I use my Logitech Harmony to shutdown, instead of sending the power command to the HTPC, it sends a special character, which EventGhost recognizes and triggers a mcro that Quits XBMC then puts the PC to sleep. Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HTPC sleep issue0