Buffering problems mkv
Hello,

I get constant buffering on playing mkv files..

I´ve done the following:

Update to the latest nightly build (done).
Use a wired network connection (done)).
Configure Audio Output in XBMC > System > Settings > System to use Optical/Coax, even if you are using HDMI. If this fixes your buffering issue, please let us know on the forums. (done)
Set to 16-bit audio, Apple TV > Settings > Audio & Video > Audio Output and set it to "16 bit". (done)
Turn off thumbnails, XBMC > Settings > Video > File and deselect 'generate thumbnails'. (done)
Disable playback sync completely, XBMC > Settings > Video > Playback > turn off "Sync playback to display". (done)

What can I do more?

Thanks...
Are you using SMB, NFS, FTP, ect? If you are using SMB then I would highly recommend trying something else such as FTP or NFS.
i am having the same experience. My files are on an unraid server (www.lime-technology.com) which uses smb.

Honestly i am not very familiar with what that is... but how would i go about using something different like NFS?
First thing you will need will be something to act like a server for NFS on your current operating system. I am using HaneWin with windows 7 and like it so far. Once you get the server side of it setup then all you have to is re-scrape your movies with NFS. The same thing will apply to anything you choose to use. If you do a search on these forums or Google I am sure you can find some guides to help setup what ever you choose.
first things first, what kind of mkv are you trying to play ? (mediainfo)
I'm using smb... I have an airport with a usb drive plugin where the movies are placed.

How can I change it? It won't work on smb?

Om my mac i can stream it with no problems...

Media info: 1280*720 (16:9) a@ 23,976 fps, AVC ([email protected]) Audia: DTS /AC-3

Is this enough?

Thanks for the help...
One more thing.. I read somewhere that afp will work...

How can I do this?
I find how to setup an afp server.. (using zeroconf browser)..
It seems better... 95% of the time is working.
The problem is that after I leave xbmc the systems looses the reference to the video source I just added... What is the problem? I think the file source.xml should have changed but it has not changed... Can someone please help?
Thanks.
Check the permissions of your userdata folder. Might be that XBMC has no rights to write to that file.

chown -R mobile:mobile /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata
thanks. it worked.
Appletv 2 is working.

Copying the sources.xml to my old appletv (white) xbmc could not connect to remote share.

The mount is afp://etc.....

What could be the problem in the older atv?

Also the latest night build keeps crashing in the older appletv. Any reason for this? I have to install dharma.
How did you install the latest nightly on your Apple TV 1? Did you follow this guide? If yes, please provide your logs an post it into the correct section
I just go to the downloads section and downloaded it....

Any help for the afp problemHuh
ok... doing this "defaults write com.teamxbmc.xbmclauncher XBMCAdditionalDownloadPlistURLs -array-add http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/osx/update_urls.plist" I've another option to download and it works...

What is the difference? One is for the older appletv and the other for the new one?

Is there a way to just have only the correct one?

The mkv will play on the older appletv or it doesn't have the hardware for it?

Thanks for the help.
The ATV1s OS is based on 10.4 OS X, the ATV2 OS is an iOS version, so they both do not have that much in common. So you cant use the deb files for ATV2 on your ATV1. The ATV1 should play 720p smooth, for 1080p playback you need a CrystalHD card.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Buffering problems mkv0