XBMC Video on Samsung Smart TV (Help)
I set up XBMC today and put just a few different video files in the library. They all play fine on the laptop so there is no issue with the videos. I'm trying to play them via my Samsung 8000 series LED Tv via DLNA. I have enabled uPnP and the tv sees XBMC just fine. I can navigate through all the folders and see the videos as in my library but when I try to play them, it says "File Format Not Supported."

Now, when I try to play the exact same files on the tv via windows media player, they play fine. The files will also play on a USB drive plugged directly into the TV. The only thing I've really noticed that's different is when the files are sent through windows media player and I press info on the tv, it says its an AVI file. When I access the file via XBMC player, the tv sees it as an x-msvideo file.

The actual file is an AVI file, so I'm not sure why XBMC would broadcast it as an x-msvideo file. I didn't see anything in settings that I could change to fix this. Please let me know if anyone knows a fix for this or has any ideas. I love XBMC, but this is really my only good use for it.

Thanks,
Jason
TVs can be fussy about what formats they will play, and XBMC doesn't transcode for uPnP clients. You could try resampling some test AVI using Handbrake.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Video on Samsung Smart TV (Help)0