Automated TV Show .nfo/.tbn
Hey peeps.

My current set up is almost automated entirely via eventghost, belvedere, and therenamer. The only annoying part is having to open up Ember every single time I want to scrape my new episodes for .nfo/.tbn files!

I know you can run ember from command line for movies, which is cool, but it seems that no such fix has been made for TV shows (and with the project development seemingly haulted....)

all that being said, I was wondering if there was a program that would automatically scrape for .nfo/.tbn files. I tried sickbeard, but for some reason it just would not work for me (then again, i dont use usenet at all so its probably my own damn fault Tongue)
You could use SickBeard and turn off the downloading features while letting it still monitor the folders, not only would this work, you could dump all your new episodes in a single directory and even get rid of 'therenamer'. Two birds with one stone.

If you use it, you just have to set up the monitoring folder and make sure you add the shows (as existing instead of new) and it will take care of the naming as well as grab available NFO and TBN's for you.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
Archigos Wrote:You could use SickBeard and turn off the downloading features while letting it still monitor the folders, not only would this work, you could dump all your new episodes in a single directory and even get rid of 'therenamer'. Two birds with one stone.

If you use it, you just have to set up the monitoring folder and make sure you add the shows (as existing instead of new) and it will take care of the naming as well as grab available NFO and TBN's for you.

Sounds pretty awesome to me! the only thing is that I prefer the naming scheme in therenamer (sickbeard causes my shows with more than one word to look like this (How.I.Met.Your.Mother) when I want them to look like this (How I Met Your Mother.S07E11.The Episode Name

how would I go about doing this (still a bit confused as to how to work sickbeard)
Also, one big big big issue with sickbeard is that it keeps putting my shows in the folder with the show name, rather than the folder with the season name (i.e., putting How I Met Your Mother.S07E11.The Episode Name in tvshows/how i met your mother rather than tvshows/how i met your mother/season 07 )

any ideas on how to fix that?
Bankin Wrote:Also, one big big big issue with sickbeard is that it keeps putting my shows in the folder with the show name, rather than the folder with the season name (i.e., putting How I Met Your Mother.S07E11.The Episode Name in tvshows/how i met your mother rather than tvshows/how i met your mother/season 07 )

That call all be set in the post processing config section. Mine are rename and use season folders with no issues at all.
Bankin Wrote:Also, one big big big issue with sickbeard is that it keeps putting my shows in the folder with the show name, rather than the folder with the season name (i.e., putting How I Met Your Mother.S07E11.The Episode Name in tvshows/how i met your mother rather than tvshows/how i met your mother/season 07 )

For each show go edit and select use season folders. You can also set the why the naming scheme works under post processing. Deselect use periods in your case. Ask questions in the Sickbeard thread where more people will read it who use the program
_Mikie_ Wrote:For each show go edit and select use season folders. You can also set the why the naming scheme works under post processing. Deselect use periods in your case. Ask questions in the Sickbeard thread where more people will read it who use the program

Awesome, this worked great!

I also figured out a way to keep therenamer naming structure

1. Use Belvedere to monitor downloads folder for mkvs under 2gb.

2. set it to move those files to a folder (I call it unsorted media)

3. use eventghost to automatically watch folder for changes and to launch therenamer if something comes up

4. set therenamer to move files to another folder (i call it unmoved media) in a flat fashion (i.e. just the renamed files, no folders for show/season)

5. set sickbeard to monitor unmoved media, keeping rename unchecked!

sounds complicated, but its really simple and I'm pretty happy with it ^^
Sickbeard renames my shows to

Show Name - S01E02 - Ep Name

I know its slightly different to

Show Name.S01E02.Ep Name

but maybe you want to compromise for simplicity?
_Mikie_ Wrote:Sickbeard renames my shows to

Show Name - S01E02 - Ep Name

I know its slightly different to

Show Name.S01E02.Ep Name

but maybe you want to compromise for simplicity?

Setting up was the only complicated part. My whole system runs very smoothly (while keeping the naming structure of my preference. That being said, it would be incredibly awesome if sickbeard could have my kind of naming structure in a future release ^^

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Automated TV Show .nfo/.tbn0