[AppleTV2] MySQL failing to connect
Hi all

Log: http://pastebin.com/q51WceBG

I initially tried using the username/password xbmc/xbmc but changed to using my root password. When using XBMC/XBMC the atv would be unusable when at the main XBMC menu - it would be in an infinite loop in trying to access databases.

So I tried changing to use my root account and I'm still getting issues - can't access libraries and also it's saying access denied even though
1. password/username is correct
2. other pcs can access the mysql db thru XBMC

It's just the Apple TV that seems to be having the issues.

Thoughts? I've tried for a few hours to no avail.
I would try to disable your firewall on the server and see if that does anything. Also check to see if the database in mysql has the same name as the one in your advanced settings file.
block134 Wrote:I would try to disable your firewall on the server and see if that does anything. Also check to see if the database in mysql has the same name as the one in your advanced settings file.

Firewall is fine (other computers can access) 3306 is definitely open, and the database xbmc_video exists. Thanks anyway.
did you do a fresh install of a nightly, without starting (not only installing!) the "cydia version" first? i had similar problem, dont know if it was the same 'access denied' error in the logs, but i had to start the cydia version first (which creates all tables into the xbmc_video and xbmc_music databases) and then install a nightly. when i started the nightly version afterwards, everything went fine and the nightly versions could create xbmc_video58 and xbmc_music18 by itself.
it did not work with emtpy dbs xbmc_video xbmc_music (with empty i mean without all the tables created, not any 'data' in it)
did you allow root access from 192.168.1.102 in your database ?? (and not just localhost)
Use our MySQL guide: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW..._libraries
Line 82 of your log....

see the link above for setting up your sql server, go all the way to the bottom... you need to grant the xbmc user permissions to create a new db... the nightly you are running wants to make a new db called xbmc_video58

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';

so that will enable full access/control to databases starting with "xbmc_" for the xbmc user from any ip address
Guys, thanks for the feedback.

First of all, XBMC user has all these privileges, as does root. Both users are allowed to connect from any IP.

I think the issue may lie elsewhere? Given that that log I get when running as root MySQL user anyway, which has full access to everything.
OK after another hour of smashing at it...

XBMC log:
20:03:43 T:101752832 ERROR: SQL: Undefined MySQL error: Code (1060)
Query: ALTER TABLE settings ADD VerticalShift float
20:03:43 T:101752832 ERROR: Error attempting to update the database version!
20:03:43 T:101752832 ERROR: Can't update the database xbmc_video58 from version 42 to 58

It then proceeds to keep trying xbmc57....

I don't understand why it's not just using XBMC database??

MySQL log shows:

111211 15:08:59 1 Connect [email protected] on
1 Query SET NAMES utf8
1 Query show databases like 'xbmc_video58'
1 Query show tables
1 Init DB xbmc_video58
1 Query show databases like 'xbmc_video58'
1 Query show tables
1 Query SELECT idVersion FROM version
1 Query ALTER TABLE settings ADD VerticalShift float
1 Query rollback
1 Quit
2 Connect [email protected] on
2 Query SET NAMES utf8
2 Query show databases like 'xbmc_video57'
2 Quit

I still don't know why the root account didn't work but I got xbmc/xbmc working by granting it all permissions.
It keeps the old database incase the update fails, you don't lose your library. The fact that it does this might even be why you are able to keep trying. If it updated the original and failed then you'd be starting from scratch right now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] MySQL failing to connect0