• 8(current)
WIP revolve
I'm sorry it didn't work. I hope that I can find a solution, I'm still working on it...
So my initial impression was that I didn't really care for Revolve. I was looking for a skin that suited all my needs, mainly having a low profile menu, that was extremely customizable, while still looking top notch and it just wasn't happening. I decided to give Revolve a second try.....this time I dug deeper. Holy heck.....I absolutely love almost everything about this skin! Excellent job.....KUDOS to the dev!

I'm only having a minor "problem" and I think it has more to my noobness with Kodi than the skin. How do I make my cloud storage pictures folder open when I click the pictures option? When I click pictures, I have to navigate to the addon (gdrive in this case), then the account in the addon, then the folder in the account. I want that folder to be what opens when I click on pictures, or click pictures, then click the corresponding folder i.e. each family member's cloud folder show up when clicking Pictures from the main menu. Am I making sense? The same would apply to cloud music as well.

If anyone can provide me with a solution or guide me to a resource, I'd be very appreciative.

*edit* I did find one other tiny issue and that is if I set a view for one media type (shows, movie collections, addon browsing, etc, it doesn't lock as the view type for that media type. For example, I went into my movie collections and back to the future collection was changed to "landscape list", then I moved to the captain america collection and it was set to "circle list", then checked my batman collection and it was set to "thumbnail list". Once I change them, they have yet to revert back, but in other skins I've used I have noticed whenever you select a view type for one menu, it becomes to default view type for all menus. I've also noticed this is the case with addon views. Each one seems to have a randomly different view. Not a big deal for me. I just wanted to make you aware.
I don't think it's possible to directly open the folder in an addon from a Home Menu option. You can add sources, but I don't think that a folder within an addon can be a source.

Alternatives:

1. You can probably add the folders as favourites. Although it is not listed under 'Pictures', you can easily access your pictures via the Favourites-option.
To add a folder to your Favourites, browse to this folder and open the context menu. Choose the 'Add to Favourites' option.

2. You can probably add a custom option, and let this custom option point to the folder in the addon (or even use a submenu, and add all folders to this submenu). It is probably addon-dependent whether this works or not.
To add a custom option, go to the Settings > Revolve > Home Menu Items > select a custom option. Fill the name of the option, add a background, choose 'Custom Command' and press 'Create Command'. Choose 'Picture Relaed Actions', choose 'Open the Pictures window in a specific path' and enter the complete path to the folder in your addon* > Ok > Ok.

* Entering this path is not easy and error-prone. You can add the folder to your Favourites and copy the path from the favourites.xml file in your Kodi userdata folder. Or you can wait for the next Revolve version that will probably feature a 'Copy Path to Clipboard' option in the context menu.
I opted for option 2 as I am currently using option 1 for my favorite apps. Unless there's an addon to hide specific addons without disabling them (I've looked to no avail), this is my only work around.

So far, I'm getting further than I have been able to with any other interface while keeping it super simple for the wife and kiddos.

Thank you for the tips.....worked like a charm! Keep up the good work!
a few skins work by letting you browse your addons and then selecting "create short cut to here", I know Nebula is one for sure and i think Aeon Noux and Arctic let you do it as well. Not comparing you skin to others, though it would be great to have the ability to have submenu links to folders within add-ons without it been error prone, i'll try again this weekend but so far no joy Sad unless im missing something
Here's another question. I created a custom submenu for Games. I want to add RCB and Steam BPM there. I don't see anyway of adding those addons to the menu identifier. How do I go about doing that?
@69thelememt, the next Revolve will feature a 'Copy path to clipboard' option in the context menu. It'll be possible to paste this path in your custom option.

@Borg-101, I don't know the add-ons that you use (if you can help me to find these add-ons, I can try to add pre-made options), but I expect that you can call the add-ons with:

Code:
RunScript(<put the full add-on name here>)

For example, I run Global Search with:

Code:
RunScript(script.globalsearch)

For Steam, I use a menu option that directly runs Steam in Big Picture mode:

Code:
System.ExecWait("C:\Games\Steam\Steam.exe -bigpicture")
(2016-01-23, 02:25)Malthus Wrote: @Borg-101, I don't know the add-ons that you use (if you can help me to find these add-ons, I can try to add pre-made options), but I expect that you can call the add-ons with:

I'm working on several things at the moment so I will let you know if I get your advice to work. The addons I am currently using "Rom Collection Browser" and the "Steam" addon by Teeedubb, which simply minimizes Kodi and opens up Steam in Big Picture Mode, then returns to Kodi when you exit Steam.

I am running into another small problem that I referenced before but is not as easily fixable. I mentioned before that views are not globally set in some instances. I'm not sure if this is going to change in Jarvis as I know they are working on something with this. If I go into my TV shows and set a view for a season list, then set a view for an individual season list, it becomes the default view for every other show. Just the way I like it. With Movie sets, this is not the case. I have to set each movie set individually. Ok....no biggie....I maybe had 16 movie sets to change. Here is where it is becoming an issue. Obviously Kodi works great with addons. Every video addon I set a view for defaults back after going to a different page or exiting out of the addon. Is there any way to set a view for addons that don't have this option in their configuration?

Again, please excuse my noobness. lol. And AGAIN....thank you for all your hard work and help. You and the rest of the community have made my experience with Kodi very enjoyable.

*EDIT* I did the RunScript and it worked fine. Part of my problem was I didn't see the edit submenu option on the left. I felt like an idiot. lol. Thanks again for the help!!
@Borg-101: Thanks for your feedback. I'm glad you've got it working. I've added the ROM Collection Browser as a custom action in the next Revolve-version, so it is easily added to a custom option (but I'm too late for you, you won't need it anymore). And it's easy to miss some options in those settings-windows. The windows to add and edit custom options are pretty crowded and not easy to use. Unfortunately, except for some minor changes, I haven't been able to improve this.

(2016-01-27, 21:12)Borg-101 Wrote: I am running into another small problem that I referenced before but is not as easily fixable. I mentioned before that views are not globally set in some instances. I'm not sure if this is going to change in Jarvis as I know they are working on something with this. If I go into my TV shows and set a view for a season list, then set a view for an individual season list, it becomes the default view for every other show. Just the way I like it. With Movie sets, this is not the case. I have to set each movie set individually. Ok....no biggie....I maybe had 16 movie sets to change. Here is where it is becoming an issue. Obviously Kodi works great with addons. Every video addon I set a view for defaults back after going to a different page or exiting out of the addon. Is there any way to set a view for addons that don't have this option in their configuration?

I really don't know what sets these views. Kodi sometimes manages to surprise me (often in a positive way) by remembering my view settings, even if I changed some other views. I think (but I'm not sure!) that changing a view changes the view on the same 'level', and on deeper 'levels'. So if you change the view with your music albums, you automatically change the view for the songs in these albums, but not the other way araound. But I'm not using many addons, those might behave differently.
Thanks. I'll look into it and see if I can find anything more. Like I said....best skin so far that can do what I want AND be attractive AND easy to use. I don't use addons terribly much with the exception of pictures and music. So it's not a big deal. Most of those addons have view options baked in. Many of the video options such as youtube do not. I previously was using my chromecast for youtube, hulu, netflix, amazon, etc, and just using kodi for livetv and my library. However I am becoming more adept at searching for as well as creating my own solutions to many of these problems. i.e. I can now launch the windows 10 netflix app and control it with my tv remote, force close it and be right back in Kodi.

Side note.....is there something going on with Kodi atm? I did a fresh install of windows 10 and I could not download a copy from kodi.tv. I kept getting 502 bad gateway errors. I used a 15.2 file I have on another drive and for some reason it can't connect to the servers to view official addons. The "get more" option was also missing from the select skin option. I manually installed some repos and I managed to get the "get more" option to appear after a manual aeon nox installation. But almost every addon I try to install from a repo just says "installation failed" as soon as I click install. If I download and install manually...it's fine. Any ideas?? I fresh installed it on one of my laptops a few weeks ago with the exact same file and it was fine.
@Malthus, I'm not sure if I found a bug or not but when I select "cast" in a movie view, then select a cast member and go to another movie, the movie shows up as well as the plot, but when I click "cast" again to see the cast, I get a blank section. I know you are done with Isengard, but I wanted to make you aware in case it was present in the beta Jarvis builds as well.
@Borg-101, Thanks for finding this bug. Unfortunately it is present in Revolve for Kodi Jarvis, and I haven't got the slightest idea what the cause is and how I can fix it. It is on my to do list, but I don't know how soon I can fix it.

And although I'm working on Jarvis now, I might build a new release for Isengard after the Jarvis-release is finished. There are a couple of other small but ugly bugs that need fixing.
Hi Malthus, and thanks so much for your amazing work.

I think i found a bug that concerns scraper mode for the movies but, i think, it can concern also other scraper mode (tv show, music, etc.). When i try to change type of scraper for a specific movie (i'm italian and TMDB not ever is the best...), i go in context menu ("c" taste), change content, select new scraper (My Movies.it or Movieplayer.it, f.i.), ok. In this case, Revolve not link, automatically, the new content (plot, imagine, thumbs, etc,.) according to new scraper, but it's necessary to come back in context menu, taste "c", information, recharge. Only in this way new content is linked and goes. But it's a bit complicated.... Confused
(2016-02-10, 18:46)Borg-101 Wrote: @Malthus, I'm not sure if I found a bug or not but when I select "cast" in a movie view, then select a cast member and go to another movie, the movie shows up as well as the plot, but when I click "cast" again to see the cast, I get a blank section.

I think that I've finally solved this bug, although I'm not completely sure because the solution is a little bit unexpected. If I add a little window-open animation to the movie information window, the cast list is filled. If you are feeling adventurous, you can add this code to the DialogVideoInfo.xml file:

Code:
<animation effect="fade" delay="0" start="0" end="100" time="200">WindowOpen</animation>
<animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="200">WindowClose</animation>

I'll add this solution to the next Revolve-versions for Isengard and Jarvis. Hopefully this works for everyone.

(2016-02-18, 13:35)saragusa Wrote: I think i found a bug that concerns scraper mode for the movies but, i think, it can concern also other scraper mode (tv show, music, etc.).

Thanks for this information. I'll look into it, and hopefully I can solve it.
Okay so I have been using Kodi for awhile now, however I just found this skin. I really like it, but I think a found a strange bug. Under Revolve Settings in Circle Items I turned on the Movie and TV Show Source, which I have set for Latest Movies and TV Shows (Provided By Kodi). Which is suppose to show all the new Movies and TV Show that I add to Kodi. It did not work at first, however I decided to change the skin color from default to a different color. I then went back to the home page and to my surprise it showed all of the newest videos that I put up. I thought it was fixed. Later I added a few more movies but this time it did not update. Again I decided to change my skin color and again it worked I saw my newest videos in the circle menu. So whatever happens during a skin color change will pick up new videos but I will have to change the color every time I add a new video. I am using Kodi 16.0 Jarvis and Revolve 4.0.1 beta1 (I update to this version hoping it would fix, but it did not) I also installed Revolve Script 1.1.0
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
revolve5