• 2(current)
Broken Weather Underground
ronie Wrote:
  • yesterdays weather

Hi,

Does this mean that there will always be yesterday's weather displayed in the forecast panel? I have noticed that the new Weather Underground addon does this, and I was wondering if it is intentional.
If so would it be possible to have an option to choose a starting point for the forecast of yesterday, today or tomorrow, as currently there are only two actual forecast items?

Thank you for the update, it works very nicely otherwise.

Cheers,
Jon
jonathan.holvey Wrote:Hi,

Does this mean that there will always be yesterday's weather displayed in the forecast panel? I have noticed that the new Weather Underground addon does this, and I was wondering if it is intentional.

no, i was just saying i will add the option to fetch yesterdays weather in a future version of the addon.

i'm not sure what gives you the impression it's serving up yesterdays weather atm?
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:i'm not sure what gives you the impression it's serving up yesterdays weather atm?

Hi,

Well, today is Sunday, and the weather I'm being shown is from Saturday to Tuesday. I'm using the Beta 1 release of Eden, and you can see what I mean from this screenshot.

I'll check later to see if the same thing is happening on another install of XBMC.

Cheers,
Jon

PS. I've checked the information against the forcast given on the Wunderground website. The weather for each day is correct so it is displaying the wrong forecasts, not just incorrect day labels.
jonathan.holvey Wrote:Hi,

Well, today is Sunday, and the weather I'm being shown is from Saturday to Tuesday. I'm using the Beta 1 release of Eden, and you can see what I mean from this screenshot.

I'll check later to see if the same thing is happening on another install of XBMC.

Cheers,
Jon

PS. I've checked the information against the forcast given on the Wunderground website. The weather for each day is correct so it is displaying the wrong forecasts, not just incorrect day labels.

cheers mate!

you're entirely correct, i'll look into what the hecks is going wrong here :-)
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ok, just checked and by the looks of it, their api got stuck in 2011.
it's lagging by 1 day in the forecast api section.

current conditions are accurate though.

i'll give them a ping if things don't get fixed over the next few days.
ronie Wrote:ok, just checked and by the looks of it, their api got stuck in 2011.
it's lagging by 1 day in the forecast api section.

It's a delayed millennium bug Big Grin
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Excellent. Thanks for your help. It seems to be fixed now.
Hello all, new user here and my first post. Been using XBMC for a few weeks now and love it, but have had problems since the recent Eden update. Had previous version (Dharma?), and read on the homepage about wunderground update for weather, so I tried a nightly download and weather worked perfectly. Updated to Eden and the weather underground script fails on startup and each time I try to access weather. Have put my settings in for all three locations but still get the error when the script tries to run.

I went to system/addons and noticed that the old weather script and the weather underground script are both installed and enabled. I assumed having both enabled might be the problem, however I don't have an option to disable either through the menu, they are both greyed out. Actually the only option I have for each of those addons is "settings" and all other options are grey. Have used both Aeon and Confluence skins, same behavior in both.

Any suggestions on what the problem might be or how to fix it would be greatly appreciated. Have done several google searches and combed through this forum and only find the problems where the previous weather script was having problems.

Thanks in advance,

Diggs
Damn - I had the same issue, and the new default weather app did override WUnderground, but I'm sure I was able to disable it. Just through the standard "Disable Addon" method. Been there, but not sure I can help if yours is greyed out....
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Does anyone know how to go in and delete the old addon and if so, will this help? I don't know enough about the file structure or script names to identify it, but I haven't even tried yet. No reason if it won't help. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Diggs
Diggs Wrote:Does anyone know how to go in and delete the old addon and if so, will this help? I don't know enough about the file structure or script names to identify it, but I haven't even tried yet. No reason if it won't help. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Diggs

could you post a Debug Log?

it might give me some clues why you get an error.
Thanks Ronie,

I will try to do so over the weekend. I am building a new HTPC next week, so I will be doing a fresh clean install on that unit. I am guessing my problems will be resolved by that. But I checked the online manual for the debugging and just need to find the log files once I get home and post them on the appropriate site and link them here.

I haven't looked through the logs before, and haven't tried to locate them as of yet. From what I have read from the online manual, they aren't very easy to understand, so thank you for the offer.

Diggs
I wanted to follow up on this issue and to let everyone know I resolved it. I have to eat some crow here since it was all user error (which is normally the case). I thought I had installed Eden on this system, but when building my new HTPC I realized some obvious changes in the two XBMC installs I had running. It would appear that I had installed Dharma over a nightly and not Eden. Once ACTUALLY downloading the correct file and installing Eden, everything worked perfectly. Yeah, I was an idiot, but just wanted everyone to know that my issue was fixed and there never really was a problem with Eden and the weather underground script. Huh

Diggs
I have a really simple qustion?

how do I get pass select location window Blush - i know it's a silly question to ask but I swear I hit every key on my keyboard but to no avail -?? Oo

Only thing I can do is - change location and go back to main menu.Sad

Locations are all entered.

OK switched back to confluence everything is ok sorry for false alarm
Did I read on git that the default number of days is being increased to 7?
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weather Underground1