Help please
Hello, I am having an issue with some movies stuttering a bit when they play and I am not sure what the issue is. The file in question is a .mkv. I thought upgrading my video card from the onboard was the solution, but that didn't help. Here are my specs:

Windows 7 32-bit
Athlon x2 3.0
4 GB ram
Radeon HD 6570
Latest stable release of XBMC
All drivers up-to-date

The video plays perfectly with WMP Classic, so it must be a software issue in XBMC. Anyone have suggestions or had a similar issue?
jmisencik Wrote:Hello, I am having an issue with some movies stuttering a bit when they play and I am not sure what the issue is. The file in question is a .mkv. I thought upgrading my video card from the onboard was the solution, but that didn't help. Here are my specs:

Windows 7 32-bit
Athlon x2 3.0
4 GB ram
Radeon HD 6570
Latest stable release of XBMC
All drivers up-to-date

The video plays perfectly with WMP Classic, so it must be a software issue in XBMC. Anyone have suggestions or had a similar issue?
You can give these settings a try:

1. In CCC video settings- select "Enforce Smooth Video Playback"
2. In W7 control panel/power option- select "High Performance"
3. In XBMC video output- try these settings below

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Thank you, with your help and a few of the other threads, I was able to smooth it out significantly. Thanks again!
I bet you still don't know what the problem was though Rolleyes

BTW if your using passthrough for audio then its pointless enabling Sync Playback to display / Video Clock (Resample audio) you cannot resample a bitstream so it will be doing nothing
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help please0