Lost all add-ons with upgrade
I was using Kodi 14.2 on a Windows 10 computer. I upgraded to Kodi 16.1. The upgrade seems to have gone OK but I have no add-ons shown for anything - not even for Programs. Help! How can I get all my add-ons restored.
Update.

Running Kodi from a command prompt using
cd \kodi\
kodi.exe -fs -p

works - with all the add-ons shown! But using the kodi shortcut doesn't. When run using the shortcut no add-ons are shown. Does anyone have any ideas please?
'-p' is portable mode, you have to change the shortcut icon to include the -p for portable option.
I've tried changing the shortcut icon to include the -fs and -p but this still doesn't have Kodi showing the add-ons. The shortcut start-in is set to c:\kodi. From where does the -p option expect to find the add-ons?
Just right click the shortcut, select properties and change the target to
Quote:"C:\kodi\Kodi.exe" -p
The addons, userdata etc should be in a folder called portable_data within c:\kodi (if that's your issue).
Tried that but no change. However I have now fixed it - but I don't understand??

I totally removed Kodi and re-installed the previous version (14.2) from a backup. Everything worked OK and the add-ons were present when run from the desktop icon. I copied the desktop icon to one with a different name. This new one also worked OK. I re-downloaded Kodi 16.1 and applied the update and confirmed to remove previous version. The update installed with no errors reported. Running Kodi from the install program gave the original problem with no add-ons. Running Kodi from the original desktop icon also gave the same problem. However, running Kodi from the copied desktop icon worked OK and the add-ons are present. Deleting the old desktop icon and renaming the copied desktop icon also works! Uhhhh!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lost all add-ons with upgrade0