• 2(current)
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup
Before I Start worrying about XMBC integration, I tried to get it to play. Plays the Iso's mounted iso's just fine but only spits out PCM....I think I went through your setup like you said.

Keep messing
wazzey Wrote:Before I Start worrying about XBMC integration, I tried to get it to play. Plays the Iso's mounted iso's just fine but only spits out PCM....I think I went through your setup like you said.

Keep messing
Here are some steps:

1. Make sure that your GPU driver is up to date
2. Make sure that you connect your system this way- HTPC-->AVR-->HDTV via HDMI cables
3. Make sure to select the proper HDMI output in control panel
4. Select "Stereo" in W7 Speaker configuration
5. Make sure FFDShow is configure as shown below

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Well, thank you so much for all your help. The Set Merit setting when you click on the ffdshow Audio Decoder was different than what you had listed. I didn't realize that it had to be the same. I changed it to 3fffffff like on your picture and that did it. Got both dolby trueHD and DTS-HD working.

Thanks for posting the step by step.

I've got my external set as PDVD9 right now so now I'll go change the bat and xml files to point to this....

Thanks again
Its all working great except for when you click on a movie in XBMC and MPC fills the screen, the movie doesnt auto play. I have to use MPC shortcut ... Ctrl D plus The enter Key to play the movie i.e.
choose file > open dvd > and select the mounted drive... in my case E:

I've tried to update the Win7 Autoplay function to include MPC but for the life of me I can't get it to show up under its autoplay list of programs for the E: drive. Don't know if I'm barking up the wrong tree a fix anyway.

This is not a big deal, just trying to get it to all flow perfectly.
Thanks again

Now I need to start messing with the picture/playback options. Movies are way to dark for my taste. I assume that I need to mess with the FFDshow video decoder configuration, or is that even the codec thats running MBC? I havn't messed with FFDshow since way back in the day with Zoomplayer. I just hate to start tweaking since everything works.

One more thing, Smile some subtitles work fine... Iron Man 2.... but the ones for X-Men First Class went away. Sorry to keep asking stuff
wazzey Wrote:Its all working great except for when you click on a movie in XBMC and MPC fills the screen, the movie doesnt auto play. I have to use MPC shortcut ... Ctrl D plus The enter Key to play the movie i.e.
choose file > open dvd > and select the mounted drive... in my case E:

I've tried to update the Win7 Autoplay function to include MPC but for the life of me I can't get it to show up under its autoplay list of programs for the E: drive. Don't know if I'm barking up the wrong tree a fix anyway.

This is not a big deal, just trying to get it to all flow perfectly.
Thanks again
Unfortunately there is no easy way to use MPC-HC to playback blu-ray disc directly on BD-ROM.

Auto Play:
Hi,
I am using TMT5 and followed your guidelines to play Bluray within XBMC.
Playing Bluray is working perfectly, but when I would like to listen to mp3's TMT5 everytime is starts. Any idea how to prevent this?
(I am using 11.0 beta 1)
rgrds
jarwha Wrote:Hi,
I am using TMT5 and followed your guidelines to play Bluray within XBMC.
Playing Bluray is working perfectly, but when I would like to listen to mp3's TMT5 everytime is starts. Any idea how to prevent this?
(I am using 11.0 beta 1)
rgrds
I'm using TMT5 with Eden 11.0 Beta 1 on all 3 of my HTPC's for everything, and it works fluently. XBMC team did a wonderful job with the latest Beta. Nod

TMT5 playback MP3 very well too. You can simply add "MP3" in this line "<rule filetypes="m2ts|mkv|avi|ts|mp3" player="Universal_Player"/>" in Playercorefactory. Smile
TMT5 playback MP3 very well too. You can simply add "MP3" in this line "<rule filetypes="m2ts|mkv|avi|ts|mp3" player="Universal_Player"/>" in Playercorefactory. Smile[/quote]

thanks, will have a try.
Is it not possible to use TMT only for Movies and the standard XBMC player for playing Music and Pictures
jarwha Wrote:TMT5 playback MP3 very well too. You can simply add "MP3" in this line "<rule filetypes="m2ts|mkv|avi|ts|mp3" player="Universal_Player"/>" in Playercorefactory. Smile

thanks, will have a try.
Is it not possible to use TMT only for Movies and the standard XBMC player for playing Music and Pictures
Yes, you can but I paid for TMT5 and I want to use it for everything. XBMC provided the missing link, which it provide great front-end for library and network! Smile
Thank you so much for the .bat to make work TMT5!!

But i have a little problem. I use one pc for everything. It's connected to a monitor and a TV.
I use the software ultramon in order to make the softwares i want launch on the monitor i want (main is monitor, seconday is TV)

So XBMC works fine lauching autmatically on the second manitor.

But MPC-HC was still launching on the main display whereas i assigned it the second monitor on ultramon option, when XBMC was lucnhed. So i had to go in its option, in fullscreen option, and chose from there the second monitor. Well, it was working fine without XBMC now.

The problem is that for TMT5 nothing i try work.
>My main display is my PC monitor
>My secondary is the TV

When i launch TMT5 from XBMC (thanks to the .bat) it launchs...but weirdly ultramon makes it reverse my displays! My main screen become secondary, and my TV become primary, which is not good because i use at the same time the pc to work, and i need that my pc monitor is 100% of the time my main screen (worst it doesn't reverse either at the end of the movie, so i have to do it manually each time) (doesn't have this problem with MPC-HC)

Any idea how to solve that?

Thx!
1nc0gn1t0 Wrote:I use the software ultramon in order to make the softwares i want launch on the monitor i want (main is monitor, seconday is TV)

Any idea how to solve that?

Thx!
I'm not familiar with Ultramon. If it is me, I'll get a switch instead- Ultra High Performance HDMI Switcher.
jarwha Wrote:TMT5 playback MP3 very well too. You can simply add "MP3" in this line "<rule filetypes="m2ts|mkv|avi|ts|mp3" player="Universal_Player"/>" in Playercorefactory. Smile

thanks, will have a try.
Is it not possible to use TMT only for Movies and the standard XBMC player for playing Music and Pictures[/quote]

Changing the Playercorefactory will play only 1 mp3 with TMT and will not return to XBMC.
jarwha Wrote:thanks, will have a try.

Changing the Playercorefactory will play only 1 mp3 with TMT and will not return to XBMC.
I'm wondering how did you got my reply "TMT5 playback MP3 very well too. You can simply add "MP3" in this line "<rule filetypes="m2ts|mkv|avi|ts|mp3" player="Universal_Player"/>" in Playercorefactory." with jarwha quote.

Anyway- if you want TMT5 to playback just blu-ray bdmv/iso/mkv/m2ts files and PlayDisc option, and use XBMC to playback all other files (avi/mp3/jpg/etc), here is a Playercorefactory that I generated earlier- (playercorefactory.xml). Cheer! Smile
thx, will have a try...

BTW I modified Universal_Player in PAPplayer (standard XBMC audio player)

"<rule filetypes="mp3|ape" player="PAPlayer"/>"

in Playercorefactory
jarwha Wrote:thx, will have a try...

BTW I modified Universal_Player in PAPplayer (standard XBMC audio player)

"<rule filetypes="mp3|ape" player="PAPlayer"/>"

in Playercorefactory
If you use my latest (playercorefactory.xml), it will work with all my existing bat files and it'll allow you to use TMT5 for all movie playback and XBMC for all music/photo playback.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup13