Poor performance after waking from sleep (nightly builds)
Hi all,

Just wanted to check if this is a known issue or something that's unique to me, but I seem to be experiencing poor performance in XBMC when waking from S3 sleep in 32-bit Windows 7. As noted in the thread title, this is using the pre-eden nightly builds. I think the last one I installed was Dec-08.

What happens is, when I wake the computer from sleep the menus are very slow to respond, and sometimes don't properly expand or update at all. For example, going to On/Off and pressing right should pop out a sub-menu (I'm using the MediaStream Redux skin), and the menu looks like it half expands, but never populates with options.

Playing video seems to require way more CPU usage than it normally does as well.

Quitting (or if it's so locked up that I can't do that and have to kill it in task manager) and restarting XBMC resolves all performance problems.

I should also note that I can't duplicate this by simply sleeping and waking the computer immediately. It appears to have to be in sleep mode overnight to trigger this problem.

Anyone else experience this?
There's been a lot of talk about such problems. e.g. forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=96357 , and the issues have been there a long time (at least the couple years I've had my XBMC setup). I suppose everybody just works around it by closing and starting XBMC when appropriate.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Poor performance after waking from sleep (nightly builds)0