can't manage to play both dvd and bluray ISO's - help!
Can anyone PLEASE tell me how to write a playercorefactory.xml file that will allow me to mount and play (in MPC-HC) both dvd iso's as well as bluray iso's?

Here is my current playercorefactory file:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="mpc-hc-mkv" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\Media Player Classic - Home Cinema\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>

<player name="mpc-hc-bluray-iso" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\FOR_XBMC\BATCH_FILES\playblurayiso.bat</filename>
</player>

<player name="mpc-hc-dvd-iso" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\FOR_XBMC\BATCH_FILES\playdvdiso.bat</filename>
</player>
</players>

<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mkv" filename="*MKV*" player="mpc-hc-mkv"/>
<rule filetypes="iso" filename="*.bluray" player="mpc-hc-bluray-iso"/>
<rule filetypes="iso" filename="*.dvd" player="mpc-hc-dvd-iso"/>

</rules>

</playercorefactory>

I believe the rules (at the end of the file) are the problem.

The first one works great for my MKV's, and the second works for my blurays, but it seems like the third one is never even read. Seems like that second rule is being applied to all my iso's, which makes the dvd iso's fail as they have a different directory structure and require a different MPC-HC command line to play. Do I have a syntax problem here?

Any suggestions?

Thanks very much.
The search expressions are regular expressions not Windows wildcards. In a regular expression . means "match any character" and * means zero or more repetitions of the previous character. So where in Windows you would use * in a regular expression you need to use .* (i.e. zero or more repetitions of any character). Finally, if you want a . you need to prefix it with \ i.e. "\." matches "."

So your rules could for example be:

<!-- match any .mkv file -->
<rule filetypes="mkv" player="mpc-hc-mkv"/>
<!-- match "anything.bluray.iso" -->
<rule filename=".*\.bluray\.iso" player="mpc-hc-bluray-iso"/>
<!-- match "anything.dvd.iso" -->
<rule filename=".*\.dvd\.iso" player="mpc-hc-dvd-iso"/>

JR
ptaylor999 Wrote:Can anyone PLEASE tell me how to write a playercorefactory.xml file that will allow me to mount and play (in MPC-HC) both dvd iso's as well as bluray iso's?

Thanks very much.
I wrote it here- Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup.

If you want MPC-HC to playback M2TS, MKV, ISO,etc files, you can simply do this (<rule filetypes="M2TS|MKV|ISO" player="MPC-HC"/>). I'm not 100% sure that MPC-HC can playback BD ISO though. I'll try MPC-HC with BD ISO tonight, but I don't think that MPC-HC support it. I'm using TMT5 to playback BD ISO. Smile
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
jhsrennie Wrote:The search expressions are regular expressions not Windows wildcards. In a regular expression . means "match any character" and * means zero or more repetitions of the previous character. So where in Windows you would use * in a regular expression you need to use .* (i.e. zero or more repetitions of any character). Finally, if you want a . you need to prefix it with \ i.e. "\." matches "."

So your rules could for example be:

<!-- match any .mkv file -->
<rule filetypes="mkv" player="mpc-hc-mkv"/>
<!-- match "anything.bluray.iso" -->
<rule filename=".*\.bluray\.iso" player="mpc-hc-bluray-iso"/>
<!-- match "anything.dvd.iso" -->
<rule filename=".*\.dvd\.iso" player="mpc-hc-dvd-iso"/>

JR

JHS! You rock! This is the second time you've come to my rescue. I did not know the difference in wildcards. Doh! And, I was using someone else's script as a guide and just thought that extra dot was a mistake, so I took it out. Double Doh!

Haven't tried it yet but I'm sure it will work.

Thank you!
bluray Wrote:I wrote it here- Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup.

If you want MPC-HC to playback M2TS, MKV, ISO,etc files, you can simply do this (<rule filetypes="M2TS|MKV|ISO" player="MPC-HC"/>). I'm not 100% sure that MPC-HC can playback BD ISO though. I'll try MPC-HC with BD ISO tonight, but I don't think that MPC-HC support it. I'm using TMT5 to playback BD ISO. Smile

MPC-HC CAN indeed play back mounted ISO's if set up properly. getafix spells it out here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=105494 And it's working great for me so far.

Also, I needed to set up 2 different batch files to do the mounting and call MPC-HC. I needed 2 different batch files due to the fact that bluray and DVD ISO file structures are different, and thus the commands for MPC-HC are different as well.
ptaylor999 Wrote:MPC-HC CAN indeed play back mounted ISO's if set up properly.
Since I have TMT5, I never try it. I'll try it tonight.

ptaylor999 Wrote:Also, I needed to set up 2 different batch files to do the mounting and call MPC-HC. I needed 2 different batch files due to the fact that bluray and DVD ISO file structures are different, and thus the commands for MPC-HC are different as well.
If you want to use my external player codes, you can simply download the .bat/.xml files and replace TMT5 directories with MPC-HC directories. I used it on 3 HTPC's, and it playbacked everything! Smile
ptaylor999 Wrote:MPC-HC CAN indeed play back mounted ISO's if set up properly.
I tried it earlier. It can playback BD ISO but it is not as fluent as TMT5. I still like the two players configuration in my external player codes better. I setup MPC-HC to playback BD M2TS/MKV/AVI and TMT5 to playback BD ISO/BDMV. It seems to palyback more fluently this way, and the MCE remote work very well with it too.
bluray Wrote:I tried it earlier. It can playback BD ISO but it is not as fluent as TMT5. I still like the two players configuration in my external player codes better. I setup MPC-HC to playback BD M2TS/MKV/AVI and TMT5 to playback BD ISO/BDMV. It seems to palyback more fluently this way, and the MCE remote work very well with it too.

Everyone ends up with the configuration that works best for their setup, eh? I never could get TMT5 to work very well for me. Had sync issues etc. But maybe I'll give it another try now that I've changed my config a bit. I went with MPC-HC mainly because of MadVR. It improves the picture quality a noticiable amount to me and I just love what I'm seeing. Plus it's really quite easy to set up my Harmony One to control it with it's own activity. The only issue I currently have is the lack of fluidity when launching it from XBMC. That damn shell pops up and reveals my desktop. Hate that. Still looking for a way around it.
ptaylor999 Wrote:Everyone ends up with the configuration that works best for their setup, eh? I never could get TMT5 to work very well for me. Had sync issues etc. But maybe I'll give it another try now that I've changed my config a bit. I went with MPC-HC mainly because of MadVR. It improves the picture quality a noticiable amount to me and I just love what I'm seeing. Plus it's really quite easy to set up my Harmony One to control it with it's own activity. The only issue I currently have is the lack of fluidity when launching it from XBMC. That damn shell pops up and reveals my desktop. Hate that. Still looking for a way around it.
For me, TMT5 is the best for ISO/BDMV/BD-ROM. I'm suggesting to give TMT5 another try. You can simply backup all your existing external bat/xml files and download the codes in my post #3. It'll take less than 5 minutes to setup. If you don't like the result, you can always go back to your original external bat/xml files.
bluray Wrote:For me, TMT5 is the best for ISO/BDMV/BD-ROM. I'm suggesting to give TMT5 another try. You can simply backup all your existing external bat/xml files and download the codes in my post #3. It'll take less than 5 minutes to setup. If you don't like the result, you can always go back to your original external bat/xml files.

Might just do that. MPC-HC picture quality, with MadVR running, will be pretty hard to beat, but ya never know. Does TMT5 do the ISO mounting for me? Or will I still need to call VCDMount from a batch script?

BTW - Thanks for your help with xbmc_hd_audio. Got it all up and running, finally. Had to use my Nvidia GT 430 to get around the macroblocking of H.264 content. Ended up still having issues with H.264 movies, though, so gave it up - for now.
ptaylor999 Wrote:JHS! You rock! This is the second time you've come to my rescue. I did not know the difference in wildcards. Doh! And, I was using someone else's script as a guide and just thought that extra dot was a mistake, so I took it out. Double Doh!

Haven't tried it yet but I'm sure it will work.

Thank you!

Got one more lil question for you, JHS. Do you know of a way I can get rid of the shell that pops up when VCDMount is invoked from my batch script? It totally reveals my desktop and I'm shooting for as seamless an XBMC experience as I can get.

Thanks much.
The problem is that your external player is a batch file, and running a batch file always opens a command prompt. One solution would be to write a short VBScript program to use instead of the batch file. If you post the batch file here I can try and knock up some VBScript to do the same thing.

JR
Can't you just set hideconsole to true?
ptaylor999 Wrote:Might just do that. MPC-HC picture quality, with MadVR running, will be pretty hard to beat, but ya never know. Does TMT5 do the ISO mounting for me Or will I still need to call VCDMount from a batch script?
As far as PQ/AQ, it is very similar on both players. To get both MPC-HC and TMT5 work, all you have to do is download the bat/xml files from my link. The VCDMount and everything else are coded in the enclosed files. Make sure that the directory locations for MPC-HC/TMT5 are correct in IsoPlayer.bat, BdPlayer.bat and Playercorefactory.xml. You're probably already have FFDshow and MPC-HC setup in your HTPC. It should be very quick to setup. If you have any question on it, you can simply drop a note in here.

ptaylor999 Wrote:BTW - Thanks for your help with xbmc_hd_audio. Got it all up and running, finally. Had to use my Nvidia GT 430 to get around the macroblocking of H.264 content. Ended up still having issues with H.264 movies, though, so gave it up - for now.
You're welcome! Smile
scudlee Wrote:Can't you just set hideconsole to true?

Ah, yes :-)

Just put:

<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>

in your playercorefactory.xml.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
can't manage to play both dvd and bluray ISO's - help!0