Problem loading SRT subtitles
Description:

I am having issues with subtitles. Any SRT subtitle downloaded through the subtitle plugin does not display.

Setup:
  • ATV2
  • iOS 4.4.3
  • XBMC latest nightly (xbmc-20111210-f1ae0b6-master-atv2.deb)

Failing scenario:

Quote:Given movie-a.mkv
and subtitles are enabled
and a movie-a.srt subtitle is downloaded through the subtitle plugin
and the subtitle shows up in the "Audio - Settings" dialogue
and the subtitle file is located in /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/script.xbmc.subtitles/sub_tmp/
when I press play
then no subtitle is shown
and there is an error in the log, shown below.

Code:
22:21:34 T:160190464  NOTICE: ['movie-a.srt', 'undertexter.zip']
22:21:34 T:116072448  NOTICE: Opening Subtitle stream: 0 source: 1024
22:21:34 T:116072448 WARNING: FillBuffer: curl failed with code 78
22:21:34 T:116072448   ERROR: CFileCurl::CReadState::Open, didn't get any data from stream.
22:21:34 T:116072448   ERROR: OpenStream - Unable to create subtitle parser
22:21:34 T:116072448 WARNING: OpenSubtitleStream - Unsupported stream 0. Stream disabled.
22:21:34 T:805216256   ERROR: ClearBlock: Trying to clear non existent block /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.xbmc.subtitles

Success scenario:

Quote:Given movie-a.mkv
and subtitles are enabled
and a movie-a.srt subtitle is located in the same directory as the movie
when I press play
then the subtitles are shown
Yup, this happened to me as well. What I think I did was:

- Create a new folder ("/private/var/mobile/XBMC_Subtitles"), or something like that;
- Reset the permitions of that folder to the user 'mobile' (using the chown command).
- Set in the XBMC Subtitles Plugin Settings to download the subtitles to that folder you created in step 1;
- Set in the global XBMC Subtitles preferences to look for subtitles in that folder as well.

Someone might be able to help you better with details as I am away from my setup, but this solved my problems
samukas:

Thank you, that did the trick. I think the problem could be that I have my files located on a FTP share.
No worries Smile Yep, I also have my files on a FTP share, so that could be related.
Thanks a lot!
How exactly do you do this

"Reset the permitions of that folder to the user 'mobile' (using the chown command)."
virrepirre Wrote:How exactly do you do this

"Reset the permitions of that folder to the user 'mobile' (using the chown command)."

It's in the FAQ.. the one that is linked in the "Read me 1st before posting" post.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...r_settings
(2012-02-14, 07:38)Ned Scott Wrote:
virrepirre Wrote:How exactly do you do this

It's in the FAQ.. the one that is linked in the "Read me 1st before posting" post.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...r_settings

Hi All,
seems I have issue in the same direction as above on Ipad 1G iOS 4.3.3?

I have stored (a lot, hence this tread before making changes) my Movies in a totally other place than what I think is the normal XBMC userdata, wich I guess is --> /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/

I thik I stored it something like:

/var/mobile/XBMC Media

By making a new folder, and I assume I hence do not have the right premissions to save subs into the movie folder when I am outside the normal XBMC userdata folder? Could this be the reason I cannot save subs and hence downloaded subs they are not displayed?
Got is solved though changing the access rights!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem loading SRT subtitles0