[MOD] Confluence Minimal Mod
confluence minimal mod (pre eden)

preinfo:

i really love confluence, its a beautiful, light skin which just looks phantastic. thats why i just made a few modifications, so this is really, really, really a minimal mod.
since i dont use music library or music videos yet, it might be that you run into some issues. please let me know if you notice something. in changelog you can see which xml files have been attended, so it should be easy to follow which changes i have done so far when comparing with original confluence files.
custom strings for settings are only available in german and english language at the moment.
actually, this mod was not intended to be shown in public, it was an optimizing of confluence for my needs and usage on my atv2s. so if you dont like it, please dont blame me.
big thx to jezz_X (Team XBMC) for his great work on confluence and mad-max (xbmcnerds.com) for all the help and ideas. some of the modifications where 'stolen' from mad-max's confluence mod, but since i do not need such a big modification, i thought of doing something smaller, on my own, for learning purposes.
again: there are no 'real' or 'heavy' modifications in here, just odds and ends to make confluence looking perfect for my needs.
you can see my viewmodes in the screenshots and thats what it has been optimized for. i am no skinner and most of this was done with try&error, so it might be that this minimal mod has some dirty coding in it. i started working on this just a few days ago and i never did any designing/coding before.

changelog v0.6:

- added: itunes/ithd as flagging option (IncludesCodecFlagging.xml) - many thx dt2510
- fixed: missing plot for tv shows (ViewsVideoLibrary.xml) with viewmode 'Info 2' and using posters instead of banners

changelog v0.5:

all custom menubuttons can be found in custom_SkinSetting_1111.xml
  • added: kiosk mode (MyVideoNav.xml, MyMusicNav.xml, MyMusicSongs.xml, MyPics.xml, MyPrograms.xml, AddonBrowser.xml) - does not affect playlists
  • added: possibility to switch back to higher menu like original Confluence menu (Home.xml) - lower menu is default
  • added: possibility to (re)activate floor.png on home (Home.xml) - no floor is default, can only be used when higher menu is activated and smaller floor panel is deactivated
  • added: possibility to (re)activate xbmc-logo.png on home (Home.xml) - no logo is default, can only be used when higher menu is activated and smaller floor panel is deactivated
  • added: possibility to activate smaller floor panel on home (Home.xml) - e.g. for usage with rss, can only be used when no logo or 'normal' height floor is deactivated
  • added: possibility to hide 'title' from submenu movies/tv-shows (Home.xml) - only useful when movies or tvshows (library) is not hidden from main menu
  • added: possibility to hide 'actors' from submenu movies/tv-shows - only useful when movies or tvshows (library) is not hidden from main menu - see confluence settings -> home window options
  • added: possibility to hide 'profiles' from submenu settings (e.g. if only one profile is used noone needs this submenu)
  • added: possibility to hide 'files' from submenu vides/music (Home.xml) - only useful when 'video button always goes to file mode' is enabled
  • added: possibility to (re)activate mirroring of content boxes (custom_SkinSetting_1111.xml, IncludesBackgroundBuilding.xml, Settings.xml) - no mirroring is default
  • added: possibility to (re)activate floor elsewhere then on home (custom_SkinSetting_1111.xml, IncludesBackgroundBuilding.xml, Settings.xml) - no floor in viewmodes is default
  • added: possibility to (re)activate pagecount (MyVideoNav.xml, MyMusicNav.xml, MyMusicSongs.xml, MyPics.xml, MyPrograms.xml, AddonBrowser.xml) - no pagecount is default, does not affect playlists
  • added: possibility to hide sd/hd flags (VideoLibraryView.xml, VideoFileView.xml) - when hide is active, listitem.label2 (rating, runtime, year…Wink will be offset to the right to clean the newly formed gap when sd/hd button is missing
exceptions: in fanart view (movies/tv-shows/music), mirroring and floor is activated and i did not built in a button to deactivate. fanart view looks pretty stupid without floor. same applies for picturewrap view within pictures, but in this case its floor only, there is (and was) no mirroring.
  • removed: diffuse homenowplayingback.png between menu and floor panel (Home.xml) - commented out in xml
  • changed: pauseatend values set to 3000 (ViewsVideoLibrary.xml)
  • changed: default videos background to 'old' image of confluence vertical (/backgrounds/videos.jpg)
  • changed: position of 'music' in menu (Home.xml)

download

screens where taken on os x version/current nightly

Go for it !! Thats where I started.
I wanted spinning CDArt on my home screen and music viz.

How long do you think it'll stay minimal ? Wink
Noli illegitimi carborundum

Mudislander Wrote:How long do you think it'll stay minimal ? Wink

That's the question every skinner has to ask himself Cool

I only wanted a lowered main menu...Shocked

mm
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
And i only wanted advanced launcher views Smile and now i have nearly every feature xbmc has to offer ...
mad-max Wrote:That's the question every skinner has to ask himself Cool

I only wanted a lowered main menu...Shocked

mm

butchabay Wrote:And i only wanted advanced launcher views Smile and now i have nearly every feature xbmc has to offer ...

And I only wanted some extrafanart and a beer Cool
Now we have a script that covers almost every artwork there is.
Typical humans, it's never enough.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Hello this is a super mod THX

unfortunately, is at "info 2 tv shows" the plot is not displayed. can help me as a

besides which it would be nice who would stretch the plot text
Thx for your feedback!

I noticed this info2 bug too, but as it is in original Confluence as well, i did not further investigate it. I'll have a look at it this weekend or at the beginning of next week.

To 'stretch' the plot please replace your ViewsVideoLibrary.xml in 720p folder of this mod with this one and you'll be fine Smile
Thx
I think i found why the plot isnt shown in Info 2 mode, will fix it this weekend and push out a v0.6
v0.6 online

changelog v0.6:

- added: itunes/ithd as flagging option (IncludesCodecFlagging.xml) - many thx dt2510
- fixed: missing plot for tv shows (ViewsVideoLibrary.xml) with viemode 'Info 2' and using posters instead of banners
First, thank you for the changes

I still have a problem, I use the Skin on the ATV2 unfortunately spent a lot of RAM, it is only about 82 MB free, that's pretty much, there's maybe what to do?
Hmm, i dont see any difference in RAM usage between original Confluence and my mod. Can you please compare both skins and give me a feedback? I guess reduction of RAM might be possible when deleting some of the view modes completely out of the XMLs, but thats just a guess.

BTW: I run this mod on two ATV2s and did not have any RAM usage issues yet. If you want so save some memory, check if nitoTV installed 'Exposed' and if yes, unstall it. Exposed is an unnecessary memory killer. But please compare this mod with original Confluence and let me know the results and if there is a difference, on which screens it occours.

Enabling dirtyregions in your advancedsettings.xml could also help (but this is more a cpu usage thing)

This is what 'top' gives me

103 AppleTV 68.2% 4:04.24 16 202 600 16868K 1668K 56M 184M Modded Version: Video Library Screen
103 AppleTV 0.9% 4:21.45 16 202 594 16808K 1676K 51M 179M Modded Version: Home Screen

103 AppleTV 68.6% 4:43.22 17 203 618 17596K 1676K 59M 186M Original Version: Video Library Screen
103 AppleTV 0.0% 4:32.61 16 202 612 16772K 1676K 52M 180M Original Version: Home Screen

looks like neary the same for me
you guys crack me up..

going to give this a go. Big Grin
In a world without walls and fences who needs windows and gates, open source, opens minds, so open yours today.

I found your skin to be quit a bit quicker then any of the other mods on here,
though if your going for a completely minimal experience might I suggest
adding all the addons , video, music,programs in there own menu, say where
the programs are on the home menu and moving the music videos from where
the videos menu is over to music, that would leave the area that says videos
only with the list and file view on them, and then even that area could be
removed.. just a thought.

I like the whole idea of starting from the bottom up like you have done here,
I haven't seen any other skin do that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Confluence Minimal Mod3