Woohoo! Revo 3700 on it's way :)
This has no remote? Without remote it would be useless for me.
Zodler Wrote:This has no remote? Without remote it would be useless for me.

Few HTPCs come with a remote, but USB IR remotes can be bought cheaply on ebay. See http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Remote_Control_Reviews for some remotes popular with forum users.

JR
i use my revo 3700 with live and a wiimote. iplayer and sickbeard take care of any tv needs
@OdgeUK - some random thoughts:

1. To run a browser, you need a full OS installation (you can fight your way around this in Live/OpenELEC, but it's more hassle than it's probably worth). That means either Windows or Linux as a full installation, then XBMC as "just another application".

2. No, don't bother with the Linux that ships - just wipe it and go for Ubuntu as a starting point, it's well supported. Or go for Windows, although I don't know about boot times - Vista was horrid on my R3600 (fair enough, I think Vista was horrid on most things!), but I never tried the Win7 upgrade.

3. ITVPlayer works well as a plugin. Most 4OD content is on YouTube, which is also there as a plugin. IPlayer integration is very good - via, yup, a plugin. That gets you most things live-TV-shaped (although you still have a TV tuner, I'm guessing!).

4. Remote, yes, a cheap Media Centre-style remote will work fine, or there's the CEC adapter from Pulse-Eight for a "one stop shop" experience (yet to try it myself).

5. Remember that the new version of XBMC is imminent - so whatever you install now, it's likely to change soonish. That's okay if you think of this installation as a playground (but Live will change from Ubuntu 10.04/Lucid to 11.10/Oneiric, for example).

My guess is that you probably want OpenELEC installed as a clean, dedicated system, with plugins then for the various channels. Give it a try... if it works, it'll be just about perfect for your needs from what I can see.
Prof Yaffle Wrote:@OdgeUK - some random thoughts:

1. To run a browser, you need a full OS installation (you can fight your way around this in Live/OpenELEC, but it's more hassle than it's probably worth). That means either Windows or Linux as a full installation, then XBMC as "just another application".

2. No, don't bother with the Linux that ships - just wipe it and go for Ubuntu as a starting point, it's well supported. Or go for Windows, although I don't know about boot times - Vista was horrid on my R3600 (fair enough, I think Vista was horrid on most things!), but I never tried the Win7 upgrade.

3. ITVPlayer works well as a plugin. Most 4OD content is on YouTube, which is also there as a plugin. IPlayer integration is very good - via, yup, a plugin. That gets you most things live-TV-shaped (although you still have a TV tuner, I'm guessing!).

4. Remote, yes, a cheap Media Centre-style remote will work fine, or there's the CEC adapter from Pulse-Eight for a "one stop shop" experience (yet to try it myself).

5. Remember that the new version of XBMC is imminent - so whatever you install now, it's likely to change soonish. That's okay if you think of this installation as a playground (but Live will change from Ubuntu 10.04/Lucid to 11.10/Oneiric, for example).

My guess is that you probably want OpenELEC installed as a clean, dedicated system, with plugins then for the various channels. Give it a try... if it works, it'll be just about perfect for your needs from what I can see.

Thank You very much! Will update this thread once I'm up and running. Thanks to all who have answered. I know you can search for an awful lot of information, but sometimes, just to be given a few starting options / typical install models is a really great help for an XBMC beginner.
I'm running revo 3700 on win 7 pro and all is now good!!! had to mess about with settings in xbmc for a while to get correct config bit works good!!!!!!

If you leave the 3700 in stby/sleep the films/tv will jump freeze and lag, just switch off and on again and all will be good..
Acer revo 3700 with Win 7 Ultimate 32 bit
I've got the ITV Player plugin working on Win7 and latest Eden beta of XBMC. Can someone please point out where BBC iPlayer plugin is?

Regards
deepblu Wrote:I've got the ITV Player plugin working on Win7 and latest Eden beta of XBMC. Can someone please point out where BBC iPlayer plugin is?

Regards

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Uno...positories

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
deepblu Wrote:I've got the ITV Player plugin working on Win7 and latest Eden beta of XBMC. Can someone please point out where BBC iPlayer plugin is?

Regards

Also available from my repo (see sig).
my revo 3700 is currently running openelec eden beta nightly with itvplayer, tvcatchup, iplayer and 40d all working.

You can run firefox using live and advanced launcher. It's pretty easy to do although I've not tried it with openelec.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Woohoo! Revo 3700 on it's way :)0