Small issues
Dear Team,
dear All,

I'm nearly not daring to submit proposals - I suppose they're not new.
So please accept my excuse in advance... Wink

I'm using xmbc only since 3 months - and it's... fantastic! A big thank to all developers and co-workers - this will overrun them all, I'm sure.
Especially this vivid development, the open mindset... simply - WOW!

Starting from the scratch and coming from WMC, first I want to fully support the proposals the proposals in the posts "several thoughts on user-friendliness" (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=109668)

As I don't want to disturb this thread, I summarize my proposals below:

1. During Video playback, the context menu should also be reachable by pressing "C" - would help a lot especially as the navigation to the menu items in the status display is nearly impossible with a remote. Should be a small issue with huge benefit (for me at least Wink )

2. Is there a possibility to add ordering by "last viewed"? Would be helpful - as my library has 'bout 800 films. I never know which I have started to look at a couple of days ago...

3. Ordering by "date added" doesn't work for me. I works physically - but I never understood why what when... (and the ordering results in lib view and file view are different) How that?

4. Would be great if in the video list or thumbnail view (in files AND lib), the remote keys 0-9 could be used as on a phone, eg: key "8": first hit: go to films that start with "8" (name's sort), second hit (within 1-2 secs), go to the first video that starts with "t"... and so on.

5. Music playback: the quality at first sight seemed to be low to me (I'm a music enthusiast) - much lower than in WMC (i.e. MediaPlayer).
WMC uses the MediaPlayer for playback (without opening it, just the engine) and uses automatically the sound enhancements and DSP's of it - that's great sound. Why not being able to do the same? Being able to define MP as player? (I know, I'm only talking about Windows.. sorry Tux)

6. Same for playlists - "dynamic playlists" is completely misleading as they actually are not dynamic. If no. 5 would be implemented, I'd highly prefer to be able to use the really dynamic playlists of WMP....

7. I fully support to cut the difference between file view and db view: some files can only be found there, some only there - deleting file only works in file view but it remains in the db.. confusing...

All of that - only small things - and please don't get me wrong: if xmbc weren't absolutely BRILLIANT, I wouldn't write any word but simply leave it.. as I did with MP.

Even if nothing of the above gets support or will be implemented - doesn't matter - it's one of the best piece of software that I've ever seen...

Kind regards from Switzerland - Christoph
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Small issues0