help with eventghost
Yesterday I got a logitech harmony 650 and have been spending lots of time tinkering around with it to control my htpc.

I added Microsoft MCE as a device and customized all the buttons and then added "additional buttons" to do things like launch xbmc, windows media center ect. -For example I would map xbmc with f1 and then I used eventghost to launch xbmc on f1 keypress.

Last night when I was testing this out everything was working great but today I have noticed every now and then when I try to launch something or even close something it doesn't respond.

For example, I launched firefox and when I pressed exit nothing happened so I got out my mouse and had to manually exit and then went to eventghost and the play icon in the system tray is red instead of green. Closing eventghost and opening it back up fixes the problem but I'm just wondering what is causing that to happen or how to fix it or any kind of info you guys might have. This has happened more than once in a matter of 20 minutes.
Did you set Eventghost to load at Windows startup? It's not the default behaviour...you need to go into "options".
Balinus Wrote:Did you set Eventghost to load at Windows startup? It's not the default behaviour...you need to go into "options".

yes eventghost is set to load at startup. I also set eventghost to load xbmc at startup and everything works on startup but I was testing it out, opening and closing some applications with my remote and all of the sudden it stopped working.

So I thought maybe eventghost crashed or something and when I looked in my tray the play icon that is usually green was red but I didn't get an error message or anything. I closed and re-opened eventghost and it started working again but like I said earlier that makes the second time It has happened.

I have googled and even posted on eventghost's forum but haven't found any answers.

I will keep messing around with it and see if it happens again and try to figure out what is going on and if I do I will let you guys know but if anyone has any ideas feel free to let me know. Thanks.
What are your macros for closing applications? Simply "alt-f4" ? Or something more complex?
yeah I mapped the 'exit' button on my harmony to the "end" key and then mapped that to "alt-f4" I haven't ran across the red icon again but I did notice the last time it happened my harmony key presses where being picked up wrong by eventghost. Instead of saying keyboard.f11, it would say something like keyboard.f11.u00 or something along those lines.
can i know which IR receiver your using?
eskro Wrote:can i know which IR receiver your using?

I used the case from my old gateway lx6810-01 for my htpc build which had a built in reciever / touch panel on it. I know I have read the harmony only works with hp recievers but isnt hp and gateway the same company? It also works 95% of the time but like I said every now and then something happens causing the icon to turn red and it seems to be getting jacked up keypresses.

Here is a picture of the pc's receiver Image
saying that harmony only works with hp recievers is a lie...
under windows, it works with alot of receivers... if not all,,,

try to add a MCE KEYBOARD as device...
once u do that, and if all goes well,
you shouldnt need eventghost...
eskro Wrote:saying that harmony only works with hp recievers is a lie...
under windows, it works with alot of receivers... if not all,,,

try to add a MCE KEYBOARD as device...
once u do that, and if all goes well,
you shouldnt need eventghost...

I have MCE keyboard as a device and for the most part don't really need eventghost but I use eventghost to do more complicated things like open and close applications, restart my computer ect that cant be done from just the list of keyboard buttons that the MCE keyboard gives you on the harmony.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=117034

Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
help with eventghost0