Aeon MQ3 - Building my libraries
Hi guys, im trying to build a main screen to show items Movies, TV shows, Music, Doco's, HD Movies. I also would like 'Music video' and 'Comedy' as sub-menu items, Music videos under Music and Comedy under Movies or somewhere.
All of these labels have there own seperate corresponding nas folders.

When i go into >VIDEOS (from the main screen) i see
-MOVIES
-TV SHOWS
-RECENTLY ADDED MOVIES
-RECENTLY ADDED EPISODES
-FILES
-PLAYLISTS
-VIDEO ADD ONS

When i go into >VIDEOS >FILES i see
-DOCO'S
-COMEDY
-MOVIES
-TV SHOWS
-MUSIC VIDEOS
-MUSIC
-ADD VIDEOS

So xbmc can see my route diretories however i cannot figure out how to assign them to there corresponding main menu items.

Movies, HD Movies and Music are working great! TV Shows see's only some shows i am looking into the naming conventions here. Doco's, Comedy, Music Video's i cant figure out for the life of me. HD Movies, is using a 'video resolution must be greater than - 719px' rule.

I have gone into settings and assigned a Smart Playlist using the rule 'Path - Is' and inserted my doco's pathname. When i attempt to access the Doco's menu item i get the message 'Library Empty! Add content by selecting "Videos" in the main menu' I get the same for Comedy and music videos.

How do i assign these nas folders to main menu and sub menu items pls?

Aalso there are no nfo's or jpgs for my music videos, doco's.

Thoughts?

Cheers
This would be great but as far as I know it's a limitation of XBMC not the skin. :-(

EDIT: I was thinking of having custom libraries. Sorry.
@Canozzie

You should use 'path starts with'
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
@Matijn
Thanks, makes sense but no change unfortunatly.

I have tried switching the media type when adding source to 'none' or 'tv show' to no avail. Im using VPlaylist option for the menu item... hmm maybe its not possible.

How are you guys viewing/indexing your non tv show/movie contents?

Cheers
Canozzie Wrote:When i go into >VIDEOS >FILES i see
-DOCO'S
-COMEDY
-MOVIES
-TV SHOWS
-MUSIC VIDEOS
-MUSIC
-ADD VIDEOS

If the above folders are the last part of the path then use "Path" "Ends With" "Movies" and so on or you can use "Path" "Contains" "Movies" obviously you can only use "Path" "Contains" if you don't have any other paths with those names that you don't want included but either of those will work

The rule "Path" "Is" and using the full path can only be used when the path has files in the root it won't work if it contains folders
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
Try and try again, this has been going on for weeks now. Lets see i'm going into >Videos >Files >Add Videos >Browse. The browse for new share windows pops up and i browse thru the pre-populated list down to (SMB://Tower/Documentaries) >Ok >Ok. Content box appears
Directory Contains - I have tried every option here, Movies probly suits best
Run automated scan - I have tried both
Use folder names for lookups - tried both
Scan recursively - tried both i think
Exclude path form library updates - tried both
TMDB & IMDB scrapers set
>Ok

>Video >Playlists >New smart playlist
Type - Movies
Name of Playlist - Doco's
Find Items where - Path - Ends with - SMB://Tower/Documentaries (i have also tried the other path name - SMB://ROOTTongueassword@Tower/Documentaries, and also SMB://192.168.1.XXX/Documentaries)

>Settings >Skin Options >Shortcuts Backdrops > Navigate to VPlaylist
-activate
>add video playlist - docos.xsp >ok

>>Library Empty!

Ami going about this the rights way? Cant find a guide for mq3 as such.

Cheers
Did you look at the example I gave did I put the full path when using "Path" "Ends With" ?

If you use "Path" "Ends With" you only put the last part of the path so using your example above that would be "Documentaries" because that's at the end of the path

"Path" "Ends With" "Documentaries"

The above is all you need to put the same with "Path" "Contains"

"Path" "Contains" "Documentaries"

You don't put the full path with either of those because that's not what the rule is asking for
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
The obvious alludes me from time to time, thanx again for that. Now on to my next problem of seperating my doco's out of my movie folder but keeping my movies main menu item cuz i love that 'recent movies' widget. I think ill put them under tv series and see how that goes.

Cheers X
Canozzie Wrote:The obvious alludes me from time to time, thanx again for that. Now on to my next problem of seperating my doco's out of my movie folder but keeping my movies main menu item cuz i love that 'recent movies' widget. I think ill put them under tv series and see how that goes.

Cheers X

Please let us know if you figure out how to do this. I would love to be able to have custom libraries for documentaries separate from TV Show or Movies.

Even setting the content type for the playlist for docos is annoying because some documentaries are more film therefore on themoviedb e.g. Bowling for Columbine whereas some are more TV therefore on theTVDB e.g. the lots of the BBC Wildlife stuff. Would be great to be able to set the content to Documentaries and have a scraper for them.

R
No worries its the next thing on my todo list.
This i did end up figuring this out, mind you its the same work around every other doco aficionado landed on. Considering how many times this post has been viewed since its inception i should note the solution.

The solution is probably only one of many to be found but it works for me. It involved a relative amount of manual sorting, to avoid that in the future i'll try to make sure i download doco sets. Which tend to be more prevelant on thetvdb.com

Firs, this workaround only applies to Aeon MQ series skins as thats the only one i use. Using any other skin with not as much menu customization will still be possible but more complicated.
Second, this solution implies you have named your Doco series under the naming convention of thetvdb.com and your series are infact listed on thetvdb.com

Like all good libraries the solution to seperating your Doco's from your movies or TV show menu's starts with where and how you store the video files. Mine are stored in the folders >Tower\Documentaries\Series\100 Greatest Discoveries\1x02 Biology etc etc. Just as you would store your TV Shows.
Then its simply a matter of navigating XBMC to main menu > Video > New Smartlist. Set the type as TV Shows, Name the playlist (whatever you like) Rule 1: Find items where: Path Contains: Series (Note this is the same name as the folder that stores my doco series. Limit to: No Limit Order By: Episodes - Descending. Hit the Add button and then navigate to XBMC main menu > Video > Files.. > Add Video. Navigate to your respective location that holds your doco files and add that location.
After that all you need to do is navigate XBMC main menu > Settings > Skin > Shortcuts/Backdrops. Here you need to scroll over to VPlaylist > activate > Add video playlist. Select the .XSP (smart playlist file) you just created, Rename the menu option Doco's or something and your done.
This will not however seperate your doco's from your main TV Show menu. If you want to keep this TV show menu clean then you must create the same VPlaylist but for your TV Shows, (and obviously add the location as we did with the doco's). So now you have two TV Show main menu items...what the? Go into settings > skin > Shortcuts/Backdrops and deactivate the originall TV Show menu item, say goodbye to your "recent Tv Episode widget" and have a good night. Nobody said workarounds are perfect.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ3 - Building my libraries0