• 7(current)
Release OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support
Thanks bossanova808. I noticed the WeatherZone down dialog last night when I updated on my main XBMC machine late last night. All is looking great and I've even added your suggested national radar map as my 3rd location... Cheers! Big Grin
𝕗𝕒𝕀π•₯π••π•¦π•žπ•‘
ⒽⓉⓅⒸ Intel NUC 5i5RYK | Win10 | Kodi 18.nightly | GΠ―iD 2.3.5
β“ƒβ’Άβ“ˆ Synology DiskStation | DSM 6.2 | AverMedia A835 USB Dual DVB-T Tuner | TvHeadend 4.x
Yeah I had a stab at more locations but I think it's hard coded to 3 right now, need to dig around in the actual source code. Might just be the location control is the issue, so I could pop a custom one in. I reckon 6 would be ideal, maybe 3 radars (128, 512 and national) for 'home' and 3 other locations round the country....or maybe integrate the wunderground code to support some international destinations tooHuh I dunno, depends on how much time I have - will do the ABC 90 second weather video next though.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Pushed V0.3 - now has a link to ABC Weather in 90 Seconds in the left menu - thanks to some code from Weather+. Is also more robust again with WeatherZone issues...
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Eden Beta2 integrates my mainline patch to extend forecast support to 7 days for all weather plugins....and also breaks my hack fix for this that I had in place for Beta1

I have a fix (i.e. I have removed the hack) - but I won't push it probably until beta2 is more widely available, openelec pvr versions etc. as that is what I use...which shouldn't be long I'd say.
Actaully looks like Windows is in, plus Openelec dailys at least, that's good enough

You'll need to use the latest the MyWeather.xml included.

(I am planning on a better system for this - one permanent change to MyWeather.xml and have it somehow include the add on's current MyWeather.xml permanently...
I'm using Oz.weather 0.3.1 and Eden Beta 2

Is the Brisbane Radar code http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDR663.loop.shtml?

I put in IDR663, but the script fails. When I turn off the extended part it all works well, but I noticed this in the log:

16:13:37 T:3872 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://home/userdata/addon_data/weather.ozweather/radarbackgrounds//legend.png
16:13:37 T:3872 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://home/userdata/addon_data/weather.ozweather/radarbackgrounds//background.png
16:13:37 T:3872 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://home/userdata/addon_data/weather.ozweather/radarbackgrounds//topography.png
16:13:37 T:3872 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://home/userdata/addon_data/weather.ozweather/radarbackgrounds//catchments.png
16:13:37 T:3872 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://home/userdata/addon_data/weather.ozweather/radarbackgrounds//range.png
16:13:37 T:3872 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://home/userdata/addon_data/weather.ozweather/radarbackgrounds//locations.png

Edit: I tried the National Radar IDR00004 and got:

NOTICE: OzWeather-0.3.1 Exception: Error, couldn't retrieve IDR.legend.0.png - error: [[Errno ftp error] [Errno 10013] An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions]
16:54:37 T:7104 NOTICE: OzWeather-0.3.1 Exception: Error, couldn't retrieve IDR00004.background.png - error: [[Errno ftp error] [Errno 10013] An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions]

Turns out peerblock was blocking BOM for the Radar bit, but not the normal forecast. Smile
Ok so you're all good then?

There's a very minor update 0.3.2 I think, but I think it was an ever so slightly tweaked MyWeather.xml, that's all...nothing major.

Or maybe that was the version with the ABC video in the left menu...can't recall!

Might as well update, anyway!
I think your 0.3.2 update just fixed display of icons for all seven days of the forecast, post Eden beta 2 - at least, that's what I seemed to notice since installing B2, then 0.3.2.
𝕗𝕒𝕀π•₯π••π•¦π•žπ•‘
ⒽⓉⓅⒸ Intel NUC 5i5RYK | Win10 | Kodi 18.nightly | GΠ―iD 2.3.5
β“ƒβ’Άβ“ˆ Synology DiskStation | DSM 6.2 | AverMedia A835 USB Dual DVB-T Tuner | TvHeadend 4.x
Thumbs Up 
bossanova808 Wrote:Ok so you're all good then?

There's a very minor update 0.3.2 I think, but I think it was an ever so slightly tweaked MyWeather.xml, that's all...nothing major.

Or maybe that was the version with the ABC video in the left menu...can't recall!

Might as well update, anyway!

Yup, all good, thanks. IDR663 works fine for Bris Vegas, and it updated itself automatically to 0.3.2

Happy Australia Day and thanks for your hard work. Smile
No probs.

And fastdump, yep that was it. I have modified my dialogseekbar.xml (if you're using it) because I realise it gets in the way of subtitle download etc, so I will work on that, and also a method for changing MyWeather.xml just once and getting it to pull the current xml file direct from the skin folder....but have to catch up on some other stuff, this took longer than planned Wink
Hey mate I updated the YouTube add on today with update that was available, to get it working with Eden beta2. But since I I've done this my ozweather doesn't work at all. I get a script failed error.

Any ideas why this could be? I can post my log file if you need it??

Cheers
Running Krypton beta3 on ATV4 networked to Win7 PC using SMB shares.
That will be the update to the parsedom scraper thingy I think - it comes with the YouTube add on. Very harndy but they have changed some names around etc. It should in theory still use the old version I thought, but apparently not. I'll look into it.
(BTW this was expected as ParseDom is not promised to be stable until Eden final so until then it may be a bit up and down but I suspect most changes are in place already
0.3.4 just pushed has the fix. I've also removed the radar from DialogSeekBar until (if) I can work out a way to force it to re-read the images from the path so it updates properly, and I've moved the mini-forecast to a spot out of the way of Download Subtitles etc.
That fixed it. Thanks heaps.
Running Krypton beta3 on ATV4 networked to Win7 PC using SMB shares.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support5