• 36(current)
Release OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support
Worked out why 0.7.8 didn't make it through, stuck in my android outbox for some reason. re-sent now!
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Ha ha, bloody Robots.

0.7.8 received and working bug free !

For some reason, since 0.7.8 the IDR024 radar only shows the rain image, not the background map. Other radars eg. IDR023 work fine.
Debug log?
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=361763
Hmm, just tried it here now IDR024 and it worked just fine. Maybe clean out you addon data for ozweather, re-configure the settings, and try again - is still issues, one more debug log please!

There's no immediate error I can see:
8:37:38 64.992699 T:2841637952 DEBUG: ### Oz Weather-0.7.8 ### Prepare the backgrounds if necessary...
08:37:38 64.995850 T:2841637952 DEBUG: ### Oz Weather-0.7.8 ### Called prepareBackgrounds() with radarCode [IDR024]

...so it seems to think the images are present and not stale (> 1 week old) - so it's not downloading new ones, and there may be some issue with the old ones. Give the above a go, let me know...
Some weird stuff going on here. I uninstalled OzWeather from the menus and when I rebooted, all the settings had reset to default - skin, units, timezone, resolution etc - the lot. I made sure there was nothing in the weather.ozweather directory and reinstalled and configured and got the same result - no underlying map on IDR024.

I would post a screenshot but something's funny there too. The screenshot is taken but it's not in the screenshot directory. I'm running Kodi RC1 so I wonder if all this has something to do with that?

I shall do some more troubleshooting...
Not the addon folder and the addon_data folders are separate things - sounds like you nuked the addon itself.

Also sounds like your guisettings.xml saving is problematic maybe. If you're on a Pi, these sorts of things can happen without a clean shutdown I believe...

but I have tried on Kodi RC2 (windows) here now, twice, no issues I can see at the moment.
Sorry, misunderstood your suggestion. I removed the IDR024 directory in addon_data and that seemed to do the trick.

Thanks for your help!
Glad to hear it!
This is probably a stupid question for you guys, but...
I have openelec running gotham with MQ5. Trying to follow Uksa007 guide, but where are these folders on OE device (running on a NUC)?

Copy MyWeather.xml to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC (rename existing one)
Copy the weatherart directory to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\weather.ozweather

Do I need to SSH in to the machine from my main computer? Can I put the files on a USB and use file manager on the nuc to put them in the right place?

Whats the easiest way?
The easiest way is to read the wiki Wink

But basically you need to find the addon in your userdata/addons/skin.whatever folder and overwrite the files in the 720p folder

I've asked @uksa007 to update his instructions with relative paths to make the a bit clearer...

Sorry - yes, you will need to copy the files via ssh, I haven't used the file manager thing so not sure on that, but doubt it will let you overwrite addon files...
(2014-12-09, 00:59)bossanova808 Wrote: Sorry - yes, you will need to copy the files via ssh, I haven't used the file manager thing so not sure on that, but doubt it will let you overwrite addon files...

Okay, now to work out the easiest way to SSH to the box to overwrite the files (I am no expert using Putty, only used it once with step by step instructions to create an autostart.sh)
Don't use putty, use WinSCP - it basically acts like an ftp client but uses ssh in teh background
Any idea why it's trying to tell me the season is winter?

That's the only issue i have with it.
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support5