• 42(current)
Release OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support
In the meantime @wazzac, if you want to fix it you can manually copy the converted BG images from another install into the right place in addon settings, but IIRC they get wiped once a day to make sure they pick up any changes. not 100% sure on that, been a while since I wrote it and a bit busy to look at the moment.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Hi,

Added file for the radar on the Neon skin in the wiki.
This mod adds the radar to the Home screen weather.

@gjlane54 that looks great - thanks!
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Thanks for the info @boss - I managed to find the downloaded png layers on my windows system, but could not locate a compiled image - could you advise of its name or location?

would there be a way to make the file "read only" on an android file system so it doesnt get deleted?

Thanks again for your work on this

cheers

Wazza
If you found them on your windows box they're most likely the converted ones already - it doesn't keep the downloaded ones and create new ones, it does an in place coversion

Yes, you can probably make them read only via es file manager or similar (or ssh-ing in to your android box), you'd get some errors in your logs each day but it should work I'd say
OK, so I copied over the 6 .png files from my windows machine to the FireTV and the radar background layers now appear correctly

The image file dates on the PC were a few days old, so it looks like they are not deleted every 24h - this is obviously a good thing with android functionality partially broken.

Thanks again for your efforts on the add on and your assistance - it looks pretty slick

cheers

Wazza
Well in theory Android should have working PIL or is shouldn't install...but apparently that's not the case.

Yeah, I think it's actually onec a week so I'd still makr them read only...
@wazzac - can you actually post all your hardware details etc so I can maybe get the android devs on to this? PIL really should work...
What do you need to know?

The device is the Amazon Fire TV (not the stick)

I'm running a rooted ROM ... I think version 51.1.4.3_514020320

When I posted the error log I was running SPMC 14.2 launcher version

I have since changed to elmerohueso's launcher version of Kodi Helix 14.2..... The radar function was broken here also, and the issue was resolved by copying the images from my windows box ... I never checked the log but I assume it was the same error

The FireTV is connected via ethernet as opposed to wifi

Let me know if you require any further info

Cheers

Wazza
It seems that the extended 7 day forecast has stopped functioning. Still have radar and today's weather.
Yeah I noticed it - it's usually just some temporary thing with weatherzone and rights itself soon enough, but I will have a look...
Actually, looks like they are having another crack at the new look weatherzoen they released then removed ages ago.

Might take a bit of work to fix up again, but won't be long....
Man that is some ugly code I wrote (was my first python and really hacked together off someone else's addon!).

The immediate easy fix is to change lines around 680 of default.py to:
Code:
except Exception as inst:
        log("OzWeather Couldn't Find a Moonphase, sorry!", inst)
        moonPhase = ""

...but the whole thing needs a thorough going over at some point to make it more robust. It's really ugly & hurts my eyes!

But...it works, I've fixed the moonphase properly as well, and pushed an update, so whenever the xbmc devs pull it you'll get updated.
Thanks mate, fixed the problem with Kodi on my computer, not so with xbmc on my media player unfortunately
@pan2 - well the update has been pulled so let's see what happen with the proper fix (0.8.1) otherwise full debug log please as it's working here fine. It may be other postcodes have different data on their pages or something.
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support5