• 43(current)
Release OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support
Still on 0.8.0, even when I uninstalled and reinstalled.
It'll come...unless you're on Frodo or something crazy like that. Not sure how long it will take though, not up to me...

Quote:updated

regards,
Martijn Kaijser
XBMC Foundation

On 25 June 2015 at 02:21, Bossanova808 <> wrote:
*addon - weather.ozweather
*version - 0.8.1
*url - https://github.com/bossanova808/weather.ozweather
*revision - 73a16b6dc03a6d39d5efbc11c401f8793a9ed49d
*branch - master
*xbmc version - Gotham / Helix / Isengard

V0.8.1
Fixes for scraping

Thanks!
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Came down for me on my devices in the last couple of hours!

THANKS!
Kodi 17.6 on multiple Windows 10 x64 machines with shared MySQL 5.6.43 database. Kodi 18 on Xbox One. Content (music, video, photos) stored on Windows Server 2012 R2 file server and accessed by SMB.
All good on all my boxes.
Thanks
Hi bossanova808

Just a quick one - I never managed to figure out how to write protect a file on the AFTV and as such, never managed to get a workaround going for the radar image layers and so gave up.

Yesterday I did a clean install of KODI v15 and thought I'd have another crack at Ozweather radar... unfortunately it appears to exhibit exactly the same behavior as previous kodi versions.

Have you got any other suggestions to resolve this? It would be really cool to have it working on the AFTV

Is it possible to add a "never delete radar layers" option in the settings or something? AFTV users could then manually add the layers initially and have them stay there.

Thanks for your help

Regards

Wazza
Yep I can do that.

Can you get me a debug log of it happening with the latest Isengard though - I'd like to get them to fix PIL....I really thought they had done it already. Actually, I recall they tried that addon and got it working on an AFTV with backgrounds etc, so maybe it's a wierd permissions things or something. Anyway, never mind, this will probably work for you.

Can you try this before I submit it to the master repo, see if it works for you (so manually install the BGs, this should then not overwrite them).
https://github.com/bossanova808/weather....master.zip

Unzip that to the normal spot, set the new 'periodically update radar BGs' setting to false, manually install your bgs and test for a couple weeks. Assuming it's all good I will submit it. The BGs only get refreshed weekly, hence the need for at least 8 days of testing...
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
(2015-04-05, 08:45)bossanova808 Wrote: Hey @wazzac

Code:
File "/data/data/com.semperpax.spmc/cache/apk/assets/addons/script.module.pil/lib/PIL/Image.py", line 37, in __getattr__
                                                raise ImportError("The _imaging C module is not installed")
                                            ImportError: The _imaging C module is not installed

I'm seeing the same error line in a completely different context, on my Fire TV.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2061093

It's driving me bonkers.
@Fist @wazza You folks want to ping Koying about that I'd say - pretty sure he's the main AFTV dev.

I created a thread on this a whiles back but you might want to contribute to get this moving:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=224438
Done. It's been previously logged as a bug, but closed, though I'm not convinced it was solved.

http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/16092

Let's get it fixed.
(2015-07-26, 03:48)bossanova808 Wrote: Yep I can do that.

Can you get me a debug log of it happening with the latest Isengard though - I'd like to get them to fix PIL....I really thought they had done it already. Actually, I recall they tried that addon and got it working on an AFTV with backgrounds etc, so maybe it's a wierd permissions things or something. Anyway, never mind, this will probably work for you.

Can you try this before I submit it to the master repo, see if it works for you (so manually install the BGs, this should then not overwrite them).

Unzip that to the normal spot, set the new 'periodically update radar BGs' setting to false, manually install your bgs and test for a couple weeks. Assuming it's all good I will submit it. The BGs only get refreshed weekly, hence the need for at least 8 days of testing...

bossanova808 you are the man (or woman) !!!

I really appreciate your help with resolving this issue as well as your work on the app !!!!

Please find the debug log when running v0.8.1 here

I have updated with your provided zip, switched off the update images option and manually added the image files from a windows install.

Everything currently appears to be working fine.

I will report back after 8 days with the results

Also, let me know if the log file still says the issue is with the PIL module and I'll try posting in the thread you referenced.

Thanks again for your help, really appreciate it.

Cheers

Wazza
Yep same error

Code:
16:53:52 T:1755411376   DEBUG: ### Oz Weather-0.8.1 ### Exception:Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/weather.ozweather/default.py", line 401, in downloadBackground
                                                rgbimg = im.convert('RGBA')
                                              File "/data/data/org.xbmc.kodi/cache/apk/assets/addons/script.module.pil/lib/PIL/Image.py", line 679, in convert
                                                self.load()
                                              File "/data/data/org.xbmc.kodi/cache/apk/assets/addons/script.module.pil/lib/PIL/ImageFile.py", line 164, in load
                                                self.load_prepare()
                                              File "/data/data/org.xbmc.kodi/cache/apk/assets/addons/script.module.pil/lib/PIL/PngImagePlugin.py", line 381, in load_prepare
                                                ImageFile.ImageFile.load_prepare(self)
                                              File "/data/data/org.xbmc.kodi/cache/apk/assets/addons/script.module.pil/lib/PIL/ImageFile.py", line 231, in load_prepare
                                                self.im = Image.core.new(self.mode, self.size)
                                              File "/data/data/org.xbmc.kodi/cache/apk/assets/addons/script.module.pil/lib/PIL/Image.py", line 37, in __getattr__
                                                raise ImportError("The _imaging C module is not installed")
                                            ImportError: The _imaging C module is not installed

...definitely not an error I can solve.

In the meantime hopefully the above will work for you...to be honest, for others, the BGs rarely need refreshing anyway, so for speeds sake it's fine to leave that switch on unless you know there are some BG changes you want to pick up, pretty rare I'd say....but I figure once a week refreshing them is a pretty small speed penalty for those us with working PIL
(2015-07-26, 03:48)bossanova808 Wrote: Yep I can do that.

Hi bossanova808

Just a quick note to say I checked the weather radar on Kodi today and the layers had disappeared. Ie the fix has not worked

I confirmed that the radio button in settings for "periodically update radar backgrounds" is off/deselected

Please let me know how you want to proceed

Cheers

Warwick
hmmm ok that is weird. Let me look at it, will get back to you very soon
Ok can you re-download - https://github.com/bossanova808/weather....master.zip

and use the default.py from that and then get me a debug log please? I added a bit of logging. Can't see why it's not working to be honest....weird.

I've PM'ed my email to you to speed things up
@wazzac - any progress?
  • 43(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support5