• 44(current)
Release OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support
Apologies for the delay bossanova - have updated all now and will keep you posted, will send you an email.

Cheers
Are there any Confluence patch files to enable advanced features (myweather.xml etc) in Isengard, or will the ones for Helix work?
The Wiki (Add-on:Oz_Weather (wiki)) only has files up to Helix.

Cheers, elosch
The helix ones are just fine, will add that to the wiki...
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
(2015-08-29, 05:18)bossanova808 Wrote: The helix ones are just fine, will add that to the wiki...

Cool, cheers mate
I noted a lag of about 20 minutes with the radar maps on Kodi (i.e. behind x2 maps from the BOM website, as I understand that each are published @ 10 minutes intervals) when compared to my laptop directly logged to the BOM website? The OzWeather settings page doesn't seem to have a configurable setting for this so I assume that the latest radar map should be grabbed/downloaded and displayed?
I've downloaded the Aeon MQ5 scripts from the Wiki and installed it on my Aeon MQ6 (Isengard 15.2) as instructed ... all good ... almost ... how do you play the ABC video? There does not seem to be a menu or context menu ('c') available? Thanks for the great work! Smile
@LeKodeur - it gets all available radar images.....when it is called. The when bit is up to the user manually refreshing it, or Kodi does it at certain times....not under my control I'm afraid.

Re: the video - I don't use Aeon, not sure- you might need to mod a button on to the MyWeather.xml page (if so add it back to the wiki please!)
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Hi bossanova808 - long time since I've needed to visit here with a problem for this fantastic AddOn.

Erm...I wasn't to sure what I was actually doing because it was the first time I had created a log file (hope I'm not giving too much personal info away in that file) but anyways.... here is a link with a log file to an issue I am having under Windows 10 with a fresh lsengard install while trying to enter a postcode for the first location: http://xbmclogs.com/pnkb9ti3v

Any help you can provide would be most appreciated - cheers mate.

Update: Have tried installing with Isengard 15.0 and 15.1 now with no luck. Have been reading a lot of threads about people having issues with Kodi and Win 10 - have not tested actual playback of Video/Audio as of yet because I need to import everything but everything else is set up at least besides my favorite weather addon.

Any news there @boss - can you assist?
@namsdrawkcab - just tried searchign for 2000 here on Win 7- works fine. Might have been a temporary weatherzone site glitch (they are a bit hopeless there!) - as the error in the log implies the data did not come back.

Can you try again? otherwise I will need to do some poking - but I have no Win10 yet. Been trying on my laptop for a while but I nearly never use it so it never arrives so far...
Am about to uninstall and do another reinstall of Kodi.

My experience personally is that just yesterday I clean installed Win 10 Pro with a purchased retail key on a 2015 AlienWare 17R2.....after my clean install of 10 I did install program after program after program - I use a lot of different software and I am wondering if maybe somewhere along the line I should have given it a break and done some shutdowns and restarts or something (maybe my machine itself or Win 10 got confused Smile

Anyways....will try again and make sure I get rid of all Kodi remnants using Revo but if that fails I may just clean install Win 10 again and test Kodi (with how I setup including OzWeather) prior to pounding the machine with x amount of other program installations.

From reading around the place I think there may well be bigger issues at hand with Kodi and Windows 10 though unfortunately. I am personally witnessing some very weird behavior and only hope I can get this all happening again. ....(possibly because Win 10 is using Direct X 12)

I'll let you know how I go - if the error persists should I happen to start from scratch again with the whole lot I will look at creating another log to post.

Thanks for the reply @boss
@boss - I do apologize for wasting your time my friend.

Reinstalled Win 10 and immediately after installing all my required drivers and updates to get the system running I installed Kodi and now have it all working. May have had something to do with the fact that I disabled UEFI Secure Boot option in BIOS when installing 10 this time or maybe a plethora of other possibilities I guess - will never know.

Again - sorry for taking any of your time which I could safely assume would be used better than looking into a non-existent "issue" and once again, as always, thanking you very much for such a beautiful app - I now see clear skies ahead....radar loops and all Smile
I am getting this error. It Randomly shows up. UBUNTU 14.04 with 15.2 Kodi. I am starting to think this is an issue with a VPN.

08:45:34 T:2676976448 NOTICE: CommonFunctions-2.5.1
08:45:34 T:2676976448 NOTICE: ### Oz Weather - 0.8.1 ### Oz Weather (Author: Bossanova808) Starting ...
08:45:34 T:2676976448 NOTICE: ### Oz Weather - 0.8.1 ### Called as: ['/home/super/.kodi/addons/weather.ozweather/default.py', '1']
08:45:34 T:2248207168 NOTICE: Thread JobWorker start, auto delete: true
08:45:39 T:2997282624 NOTICE: Storing total System Uptime
08:45:39 T:2997282624 NOTICE: Saving settings
08:45:40 T:2997282624 NOTICE: stop all
08:45:48 T:2676976448 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <class 'socket.error'>
Error Contents: [Errno 111] Connection refused
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/super/.kodi/addons/weather.ozweather/default.py", line 943, in <module>
forecast(location, radar)
File "/home/super/.kodi/addons/weather.ozweather/default.py", line 315, in forecast
buildImages(radarCode)
File "/home/super/.kodi/addons/weather.ozweather/default.py", line 503, in buildImages
files = ftp.nlst()
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ftplib.py", line 518, in nlst
self.retrlines(cmd, files.append)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ftplib.py", line 437, in retrlines
conn = self.transfercmd(cmd)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ftplib.py", line 376, in transfercmd
return self.ntransfercmd(cmd, rest)[0]
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ftplib.py", line 335, in ntransfercmd
conn = socket.create_connection((host, port), self.timeout)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/socket.py", line 571, in create_connection
raise err
error: [Errno 111] Connection refused
-->End of Python script error report<--
It would appear that the 'radar loop' still lags about 30 minutes, not loading the last 3 pictures from the BOM site (they are generated every 10 minutes). Easy to test: use your regular web browser and you'll see 3 more radar pics in the loop compared to the Kodi OzWeather loop even after performing a 'refresh'.

Not sure someone else has mentioned this before?

Thanks for your efforts Bossanova808 Smile
@LeKodeur

Answered above - it all depends when kodi calls the addon, which I don't control unfortunately.

@thekow

Sorry, didn't see that - can you pastebin a full debug log please? I haven't seen that one, have no idea why the connection would be refused TBH.
(2015-10-29, 04:42)bossanova808 Wrote: @LeKodeur

Answered above - it all depends when kodi calls the addon, which I don't control unfortunately.

@thekow

Sorry, didn't see that - can you pastebin a full debug log please? I haven't seen that one, have no idea why the connection would be refused TBH.

Returning to the Main Menu and calling the Weather addon again from the menu should refresh the data and pics?
  • 44(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support5