HTPC with fully working IR power control
Hi all,

I am using ACER Revo 3610 as XBMC Live HTPC now, it works and I really like it. But still only one feature is missing - full IR power control.

I know, I'm so lazy but I don't want to run to the XBMC and power it on after all other stuff has been switched on with my Harmony remote... I am using radio controlled power socked to switch off all gear from the stand by.

So now I am looking for small and silent (SSD based) HTPC which is able to run Linux and XBMC. All my media is on the NAS. IR power control has to be Harmony compatible and just work ou of the box.

Or are there any easy to do HW modifications to Acer Revo that will enable IR power control on HW level?

thanks in advance for any help.
Have you tried searching the forum? Rolleyes

You don't have a lot of choice with HTPC builds that will do this. *Some* ASrock (A75) mobos have this feature. Others *might* do, if you're lucky. It's set in the BIOS. There's a 365-million page thread with all the details if you look for it. It's quite boring though

I would hazard an educated guess and say that if there are no threads telling you how to do it on the Acer Revo, the answer is a straight no. You could always wire in your own home-made IR sensor to the power button though it depends whether you understand electronics well enough to do this. Try Instructables.com for tips? However, if you're lazy, then you won't bother with that.
baldmosher™
Trying to save his marriage with a HTPC
Current system: TV unit, 37PFL5405H, Microserver N40L (as HTPC), Xbox360, BDP-S370, FoxsatHD, Azur 540Rv2, Keysonic 540RF, Harmony 300
Planned W7x64 AMD mATX (HT)PC build: Case, PSU, RAM, Mobo, CPU Total £240 + IR + HSF? + SSD?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HTPC with fully working IR power control0