• 109(current)
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)
(2012-11-21, 16:52)KILLERNADS Wrote: Please can someone tell me the correct options to tick in terms of naming conventions of posters, fan art, nfos etc..

As far as i can see ive been using stuff like <movie name>.png for poster, <movie name>.nfo , however sometimes this is not always read into xbmc and it still searches and creates its own images.

I was using Eden earlier but now am using Frodo.

Also is there a way to always get episode screens to display? I don't think EMM allows you to download and set episode screens, or does it?

Thanks.

For me the best option is movie.nfo, movie.tbn and fanart.jpg work best with xbmc and autorenaming. But you have to use sperate folders for movies.
I think that use of '.tbn' is being depricated, so you can just use '.jpg' or '.png' now.
(2012-11-22, 01:23)Tomkun Wrote: I think that use of '.tbn' is being depricated, so you can just use '.jpg' or '.png' now.

Could always do that I am too lazy to change that for every movie Wink
ok cool thanks guys will check this out
(2012-11-19, 02:23)gizmotoy Wrote: So I've gone through and scoured the settings. The only thing I could find that seemed to apply was "Ignore last scan time when adding to library", which I ensured was enabled. It had no effect.

Does anyone know how Ember identifies what files are movies? Does it just look at the extension? Does it examine codecs or something? Maybe there's a clue in there if I knew how it worked.
My files are on a NAS too, mounted as a drive letter, and the "Ignore last scan time when adding to library" setting fixed it for me. Previously, I would wait a few minutes and manually change the date/time filestamp on the NAS after which Ember would pick up the files so it seems to be something to do with the Ember database date/time values and what it sees during the scan.
Fire TV Stick, Xiaomi Mi Box, Tanix TX3 Mini (S905W), Fire TV with 4K, Apple TV 4K, Tanix TX3 (S905X3)
(2012-11-22, 04:04)TeKo Wrote:
(2012-11-22, 01:23)Tomkun Wrote: I think that use of '.tbn' is being depricated, so you can just use '.jpg' or '.png' now.

You could write a 1 line script to change them all! Wink On Windows?
(2012-11-24, 14:45)user321 Wrote:
(2012-11-22, 04:04)TeKo Wrote:

Yea I am using advanced renamer for stuff like that so only about 3 clicks Wink
(2012-11-24, 16:20)TeKo Wrote:
(2012-11-24, 14:45)user321 Wrote:
(2012-11-22, 04:04)TeKo Wrote: Could always do that I am too lazy to change that for every movie Wink

Yea I am using advanced renamer for stuff like that so only about 3 clicks Wink

ren *.tbn *.jpg /s
well i made a really quick/cheating way to make sure they used banner instead of folder Smile

i just replaced all instances of "folder.jpg" with "banner.jpg" in the source code and compiled Smile

hacky and messy, but does the job for what i want, cud have went through the code properly and added new option but cba.
(2012-11-24, 05:02)unmesh Wrote:
(2012-11-19, 02:23)gizmotoy Wrote: So I've gone through and scoured the settings. The only thing I could find that seemed to apply was "Ignore last scan time when adding to library", which I ensured was enabled. It had no effect.

Does anyone know how Ember identifies what files are movies? Does it just look at the extension? Does it examine codecs or something? Maybe there's a clue in there if I knew how it worked.
My files are on a NAS too, mounted as a drive letter, and the "Ignore last scan time when adding to library" setting fixed it for me. Previously, I would wait a few minutes and manually change the date/time filestamp on the NAS after which Ember would pick up the files so it seems to be something to do with the Ember database date/time values and what it sees during the scan.

This doesn't seem to be working for me. Even if I manually touch all the files so that they appear brand new, Ember still won't pick them up. I'm not sure what the problem is.
Thank you for this program. I have a quick question....

A previous MM I was using put the date after all of the movie folders, movies, .tbn, and fanart files. What can I do to get rid of these dates without manually going through and deleting them all?
Try Bulk Rename Utility, if you're on Windows. Powerful little utility. For Mac/Linux, Sickbeard could probably get the job done (for Windows as well).
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Any news of a new release?

Frodo support like mention earlier..
Less error/crashes (specially windows 8)
Renaming TV-Series.
Set and see watched/playcount
ect

Looking at te alternatives:
Mediacompanion
Mediaelch
Media Center Master
ect

But can't find one with:
Tv-Show support
Movie support
Trailer download
Cleanfiles funtion (like this for cleaning up)
Renamer (for movies and tvseries..)
watched status / playcount
Direct db connection to XBMC

And Ember Media Manager seems to be the best alternative.
Ember Media Manager is not working today for some reason will not pull up information on a movie. I did a manually and it see it but then download information for another movie any ideas? I tried again and enter the IMDB # and it sees it but nothing download so I guess akas.imdb.com is down

Update: Movies not scapeing but TV Shows are OK
same problem here .....
  • 109(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)26