• 131(current)
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)
Ok, it does not look like its a Problem of EMM, i just visited thetvdb.com with firefox, and there olso no pictures, fanart etc is shown, seems like my windows installation has been corrupted somehow. with other pcs its working.

So i know what i'll do today ^^ setting up windows again, Hooooly night, quiet night .... rofl
I just started to use the "Offline Media Manage"r

Even though the OfflineDefault.jpg is 720x576, the generated frame jpg's are 1280x1024 and the movie created is 1280x1024, the movie shows up as full screen not WS?
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
1) When using the "Offline Media Manager" I'd like to be able to scrape the entire movie, without being forced to create the place holder video every time. Is there a trick to doing this or some xml setting I can modify?

I'd like to simply copy and paste a previously generated place holder video into each movie folder after scraping. It takes at least 11 seconds per movie on my Intel i7 quad core 16GB Ram to create the video. This will save a tremendous amount of time as I have about 1,000 movies on DVD to scrape, that I don't want to rip.

2) I'm constantly forgetting, not to mention the time lost, to edit the movie and navigate to the Extrathumbs tab and click "Transfer Now". So how about automatically transferring the extrathumbs? Is there a setting for this?
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
Dan,

No idea what you said but, you are more then a min coder in my book. EMM no longer double scrape artwork and a lot of things just work better now. I hope Rodrick is OK and will come back soon. However for now the fixes you did or gather together and added has made EMM so much better at least for me.

I don't know anything about programming but, I do know you are awesome. Thanks for all your hard work.
Ok, I set up the windows and PC again, and its working like a charm. So, the System was bad. scraping extremely fast!!

Thank you
(2012-12-24, 16:55)myron Wrote: I (hopefully) fixed the youtube trailers again.
Since DanCooper has the most aggregated version, i'll sent the fix to him...

Thanks, this is fantastic. Looking forward for Dan to release a new "fix".

In general, EMM has a huge user base and many XBMC users heavily rely on it. Unfortunately, an external media manager is not the direction the XBMC developers want it to take.

I don't know about licensing situation, but would it be possible for someone to take EMM commercial? While this will come to cost for all of us users, it may allow frequent updates and fixes to all the bugs and potential new features. Would this be possible given the EMM license or would this require a complete re-write of the code? Anyone would be interested?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
Ember 1.3.0.7 Fix2:
- update/fixed YouTube Trailer downloading (thx to myron)

Share-Online
4shared

Installation:
Extract/copy over the old Fix1 files.
(2012-12-23, 07:26)DanCooper Wrote:
(2012-12-22, 22:07)john.doe Wrote: Newest version 1.3.0.7a in usage. Scraping works again but no german plots and titles are loaded although all OFDB options are set?

What do I have to do to get it working again?

Bei mir funktioniert es ohne Probleme. OFDB blockiert aber nach zu vielen Anfragen innerhalb einer gewissen Zeit deine IP für ein paar Minuten. Das passiert aber nur beim automatischen scrapen nach ca. 80 Filmen.

(2012-12-25, 12:57)DanCooper Wrote: Ember 1.3.0.7 Fix2:

I'm sorry, but my OFDB problem still persists. Even after a fresh reinstall and deleting all configurartion and database files.

No German titles and plots are loaded. Sad
(2012-12-25, 18:26)john.doe Wrote:
(2012-12-23, 07:26)DanCooper Wrote:
(2012-12-22, 22:07)john.doe Wrote: Newest version 1.3.0.7a in usage. Scraping works again but no german plots and titles are loaded although all OFDB options are set?

What do I have to do to get it working again?

Bei mir funktioniert es ohne Probleme. OFDB blockiert aber nach zu vielen Anfragen innerhalb einer gewissen Zeit deine IP für ein paar Minuten. Das passiert aber nur beim automatischen scrapen nach ca. 80 Filmen.

(2012-12-25, 12:57)DanCooper Wrote: Ember 1.3.0.7 Fix2:

I'm sorry, but my OFDB problem still persists. Even after a fresh reinstall and deleting all configurartion and database files.

No German titles and plots are loaded. Sad

Please contact me on the FAQ Ember thread on xbmcnerds.com (link in my signature).
Are you planning on updating EMM to be more Frodo compliant in the artwork naming? They're talking about eventually switching all the artwork to a standardized format and phasing out the old naming scheme. For example, seasonXX.tbn will no longer work for season thumbs, instead it will be seasonxx-poster.jpg. Thanks!
(2012-12-25, 21:25)clubwerks Wrote: Are you planning on updating EMM to be more Frodo compliant in the artwork naming? They're talking about eventually switching all the artwork to a standardized format and phasing out the old naming scheme. For example, seasonXX.tbn will no longer work for season thumbs, instead it will be seasonxx-poster.jpg. Thanks!

I try to make it frodo-style until the final Frodo release.
Thank you sir. I guess their plan is to make Frodo backwards compatible, but eventually phase out things like .tbn files.
I have my dbs centralized in a mysql database on a server so all my xbmc clients are synced. Does ember support this? I havent seen anything about it in the application.
(2012-12-26, 04:08)shms Wrote: I have my dbs centralized in a mysql database on a server so all my xbmc clients are synced. Does ember support this? I havent seen anything about it in the application.

shms, I use Ember, then go to the VIDEO, FILES menu. Then select "Scan for new content", and scan the folder(SMB) and it grabs the info from the files Ember creates and adds that info to the DB. You'll need to do that for your MOVIE and TV Show sources individually.
  • 131(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)26