• 71(current)
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)
(2012-05-05, 21:21)Huisie Wrote: Hi, Olympia, and thanks for getting back to me.
I think you may have misunderstood my point (or I am misinterpreting your reply).

No misunderstanding. There is a core scraper engine in Embermm which process/parse the XML scrapers (hd-trailers.net is an XML scraper). This engine is called scraperXML and unfortunatelly has a couple of moderate/seriouos flaws/bugs in it which cause an XML scraper (hd-trailers.net in this case) fail in some situations (e.g. the ones you pointed out). That's why I said this is something what DanCooper/Bodrick can/should pick up.

(2012-05-05, 21:21)Huisie Wrote: Just had a quick look on XBMC forum for Universal Scraper - thanks for that. Must give it a try...

You will love it. As being said above, the only downside is, that you can't download the trailers with XBMC currently, and streaming trailers from the links hd-trailers.net gives unfortunatelly buffering badly, due to whatever limitation in XBMC Sad
(2012-05-05, 20:52)Huisie Wrote: If I do not select the highlighted option in my 1st pic, then I get the same result you do (fanart is downloaded and extrathumbs must be manually selected).
It isn't a train smash and it only happens with manual scraping - I can work around it.
I thought I should notify you first, as I was using Fix 5. I am happy to make a bug report at purplepig.
Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

Yes this is actually a bug. I have tested it and got the same error. I try to fix that.
@olympia:
Thanks for taking the time to explain that so clearly.
Regardless of the bugs you have to work around, your scraper makes a difference - I can finally get rid of the crappy low-res Youtube trailers I manually downloaded ages ago.
The extra info with caveats about Universal Scraper is also appreciated.Smile

@DanCooper

Thanks for taking the time to look into this matter.
With the original Ember, the option to automatically get all fanart as extrathumbs worked, but you had to manually select the resolution when the fanart scraper window was open.
With Ember Revisited, it still worked, but got a little buggy, if I recall.
With Bodrick's builds it wasn't working, though lots else started to - a fair tradeoff.
With your Fix 5 build, it works fully automatically - nice one!
It's easy enough to select a fanart image in the final scraper window, as all fanart is downloaded at preferred resolution, anyway.
And with automatic scraping, it works perfectly.
Of course, if you want to make it even better, I won't stand in your way...Wink
I still don´t get why you ppl ignore my request to read VideoInfo from "C:/dir/video/sample" folder it always a video in there and can´t be hard to modify it to do that know i unpacked all movies scraped it then deleted everything import back the orginal files and rename the nfo files thats relly relly big job for nothing

/ Anton

Edit whitout know it actully my XBMC set VideoInfo for my Vidoes if i start them so i guss biggest problem sloved, but i still thing the suggestion above is a good and easy slotion
(2012-05-05, 20:58)olympia Wrote:
(2012-05-05, 20:30)TeKo Wrote:
(2012-05-05, 19:47)olympia Wrote: Unfortunatelly this is also feedback to DanCooper and Bodrick?
This is not an issue with the scraper itself, but the scraperXML engine in embermm. Ember has a couple of seriouos bugs in its scraperXML which would need some love from core developers (nothinh to do with the poor hd-trailers.net XML scraper).

I pointed out, that embermm would beat everything with proper XML scraper support. Hacking/fixing the native scraper is not making ember futureproof and flexible.

It would be perfect if I could load X scraper and select which one should scrape what.
Like OFDB Title, imdb rating and tmdb plot...

This is exactly what Universal Scraper does in XBMC. you can select field by field where to scrape from (obviously from the supported sites, currently: IMDb, TMDb, Rotten Tomatoes, OFDb)

I know, I meant if the scraper would work in Ember.
Ok know i have a relly big problem

Harry.Potter.1.And.The.Sorcerers.Stone.CD1.avi
Harry.Potter.1.And.The.Sorcerers.Stone.CD2.avi
Harry.Potter.1.And.The.Sorcerers.Stone.CD3.avi

And when i scrape it i get this

But when i update the movie information on my XBMC on the XBOX it just show me that the movie is 48min long and it is what the first AVI is but its not whats in the NFO file? How does it come that it not get it

/ Anton
(2012-05-06, 14:47)antonstarlid Wrote: Ok know i have a relly big problem

But when i update the movie information on my XBMC on the XBOX it just show me that the movie is 48min long and it is what the first AVI is but its not whats in the NFO file? How does it come that it not get it

/ Anton

The runtime in your NFO is correct ( <runtime>152 min</runtime> ). I dont know why XBMC not use this information.
Attempts to change a few data in the NFO data manually and see if the data is also updated XBMC really. Change the duration to 240 or 240 minutes and test again.
(2012-05-06, 14:57)DanCooper Wrote:

/ Anton

The runtime in your NFO is correct ( <runtime>152 min</runtime> ). I dont know why XBMC not use this information.
Attempts to change a few data in the NFO data manually and see if the data is also updated XBMC really. Change the duration to 240 or 240 minutes and test again.

Nope nothing of this work, The funny in all this is if i update it manually on my XBOX from IMDB and scrape it direct in the XBOX it give me correct time
(2012-05-06, 15:33)antonstarlid Wrote:
(2012-05-06, 14:57)DanCooper Wrote:

/ Anton

Nope nothing of this work, The funny in all this is if i update it manually on my XBOX from IMDB and scrape it direct in the XBOX it give me correct time

What happens if you change the title in the NFO?

From <title>Harry Potter och De vises sten</title> to <title>Hairy Pussy</title> ?

If the detected correctly in XBMC?
(2012-05-06, 15:43)DanCooper Wrote:
(2012-05-06, 15:33)antonstarlid Wrote:
(2012-05-06, 14:57)DanCooper Wrote: The runtime in your NFO is correct ( <runtime>152 min</runtime> ). I dont know why XBMC not use this information.

What happens if you change the title in the NFO?

From <title>Harry Potter och De vises sten</title> to <title>Hairy Pussy</title> ?

If the detected correctly in XBMC?

Yeh i guss so i did actully not try that, but i did try change the year from 2001 two 2002 and it was updated correct

Let me remind you that its read the first AVI file cuz its actully 48min long but i don´t see why it take that info at all

Edit: I just try to do same thing whit my XBMC on my PC i get same results there
What will Ember do with info it does not know about - what I am specifically asking about is the Manage Movie Sets feature of XWMM. If I setup all my movie sets, and the next time ember goes thru the collection updating, will it leave the info it knows nothing about alone or wipe it out?

Thanks
Myk
This may be a dumb question and I'm sure I'm just missing something, but how do I update a show when I add a new avi episode to the seasons folder (to scrape new nfo's etc)? I've tried the reload option and rescraping, and can't find anything in the menu options, so do I have to remove the show from the library and re-add he whole thing, or how do I do it?
(2012-05-06, 20:20)MyKroFt Wrote: What will Ember do with info it does not know about - what I am specifically asking about is the Manage Movie Sets feature of XWMM. If I setup all my movie sets, and the next time ember goes thru the collection updating, will it leave the info it knows nothing about alone or wipe it out?

Thanks
Myk

XWMM edits the XBMC db and not the .nfo files I think.

Quote:This may be a dumb question and I'm sure I'm just missing something, but how do I update a show when I add a new avi episode to the seasons folder (to scrape new nfo's etc)? I've tried the reload option and rescraping, and can't find anything in the menu options, so do I have to remove the show from the library and re-add he whole thing, or how do I do it?

Update Library button?
Ha, thanks. I knew it was something easy like that.
Hi,
I just discovered the new incarnation of Ember. I’m happy to find Ember alive again, but I think I’m missing something. So, here my newbie question:

In the old days (pre dharma) I could instruct xbmc to construct the library from the material scrapped with ember and contained in each movie folder. Since dharma I could not do it anymore.

I would like to have the ember scrapped material in each media folder, and at the same time to have de xbmc library constructed with the data scrapped with ember (contructed by ember would be ideal), but I can’t find how. I can’t find the link between ember and the xbmc library.

I need an entry point for newbies. Is there any tutorial about this subject?

Thanks,
Diego
  • 71(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)26