How to change what a Home menu item does.
I'm trying to make it so that the home menu item "TV Shows" points to a favorite/Smart playlist.

The reason I want to do it this way is so that it retains its submenu and other special skin effects.

I attempted to follow the wiki, but the section it tells me to edit has 0 effect on anything.

The section that i understand im supposed to edit is this in Home.xml

Edit: soulution was to edit Includes_Home_Horizontal.xml instead (because I use the horizontal view)

Code:
                <item id="5">
                    <description>TV shows</description>
                    <label>$LOCALIZE[31004]</label> <1-- orig $LOCALIZE[31004]-->
                    <icon>special://skin/backgrounds/tvshows.jpg</icon>
                    <thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(CustomTVShowsFolder)]</thumb>            
                    <onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,tvshowtitles,return)</onclick> <!-- attm change XBMC.ActivateWindow(10025,$INFO[Skin.String(Menu_Custom6_Path)],return) -->
                    <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoTVShowsButton) + Library.HasContent(TVShows)</visible>
                </item>
TheTVDB.com moderator
You have to change the <onclick> and point to your xsp-file
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
Sorry i posted the Original version.

It doesn't matter what i change that line too, it has 0 effect. If i make it blank, it still launches the tvshows library.

If i change it to this

Code:
ActivateWindow(10025,"special://profile/playlists/video/Tv Shows.xsp"

It still launches the TV Shows library instead of the playlist.

Is there something else I need to modify?
TheTVDB.com moderator
Lose the "" and close with )
Code:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(videolibrary,special://profile/playlists/video/TV Shows.xsp)</onclick>
Still has no effect.

Here's the current code from 720p/home.xml

Code:
                <item id="5">
                    <description>TV shows</description>
                    <label>TV Showz</label> <!-- orig $LOCALIZE[31004]-->
                    <icon>special://skin/backgrounds/tvshows.jpg</icon>
                    <thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(CustomTVShowsFolder)]</thumb>            
                    <onclick>ActivateWindow(10025,special://profile/playlists/video/Tv Shows.xsp)</onclick> <!-- orig XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,tvshowtitles,return) -->
                    <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoTVShowsButton) + Library.HasContent(TVShows)</visible>
                </item>
TheTVDB.com moderator
Thanks for the help, Sorry I had to edit Includes_Home_Horizontal.xml instead of home.xml
TheTVDB.com moderator

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to change what a Home menu item does.0