Unable to load latest nightly build of xbmc
I followed the instructions on wiki.xbmc.org to install 1st the cydia version of xbmc on a jailbroken atv 2 then the lates nightly build.
All iinstalled well until I got to the command "dpkg -i xbmc*.deb".....it started to """hang"" ie nothing happened and I was unable to proceed to the final step. It seems as the instructions for installing the latest nightly build were modified on Dec. 13.
Any suggestions?
"""".....I ran into this same problem tonight, and was able to solve it by removing the package directory manually. It turns out that `rm` was hanging on some files while removing the package directory, so when you try to uninstall again the lock is still in place. If you do a `ps -ef` you should see the offending processes at the bottom like this:

0 199 164 0 0:00.28 ttys001 0:00.94 apt-get remove org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2

0 200 199 0 0:00.06 ttys002 0:00.10 /usr/bin/dpkg --status-fd 18 --force-depends --force-remove-reinstreq --force-remove-ess

0 201 200 0 0:00.01 ttys002 0:00.02 /bin/sh /var/lib/dpkg/info/org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2.prerm remove

0 202 201 0 1:49.30 ttys002 2:02.82 rm -rf /Applications/XBMC.frappliance

To fix this, run `rm -rfv /Applications/XBMC.frappliance`. It will hang periodically on some files, so just pres [Ctrl + C] to terminate the command when you see it stop. Then just rerun the same command and it seems to take off again where the last one failed.

It took me about 10+ times of rerunning that command to remove all the files/directories. Once it's all gone, you will need to kill the hung `rm` process so that apt-get can fail and remove it's lock. Just do another `ps -ef` and locate the PID (the second number) for the rm -rf process (mine was 202 above). So I would run `kill 202` to stop the process. Finally just run `apt-get remove org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2` to make sure everything is removed OK, and restart your Apple TV.

I didn't really investigate further to see why `rm` was hanging on certain files, but it may be something to look into....""""
pwdent Wrote:I followed the instructions on wiki.xbmc.org to install 1st the cydia version of xbmc on a jailbroken atv 2 then the lates nightly build.
All iinstalled well until I got to the command "dpkg -i xbmc*.deb".....it started to """hang"" ie nothing happened and I was unable to proceed to the final step. It seems as the instructions for installing the latest nightly build were modified on Dec. 13.
Any suggestions?

There was a problem in the past that could be resolved by pressing CTRL+C to stop the dpkg command that was hanging so it would then use the scripts in the new package which didn't have the commands that would hang.
'find /Applications/XBMC.frappliance -delete' , always works Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to load latest nightly build of xbmc0