• 34(current)
How to Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs
I played the sample a couple of times. There were no drops but a different problem which made playback kind of jumpy. Will look into this.
I played it 11 times in a row now - without a single drop / hickup. To compare my settings:
- Use XVBA: enabled
- Change Refresh Rate to match Video rate: enabled
- Adjust Display to match Video: enabled
- Adjustment method: VideoClock (resample Audio)
- System -> Settings -> System -> Video: Vsync Always On

I will try to check if I can reproduce it with Drop/Dup Display Adjustment. Will also downgrade my catalyst version, I used 12.4 beta for testing purposes.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
@fritsch:
how can i handle different catalyst versions on my system? i´m now using 11.11, but i want the try a newer one.
i know how to use the package system, but by downloading catalyst directly, i avoid the package system. so how can i remove or up-downgrading to a newer/older version?

thnx for your help!
Sorry for the delay.
@ fritsch:
Thank you, indeed it may be my problem.

I did a debug file xbmc.log

My settings:
- Use XVBA: enabled
- Change Refresh Rate to match Video rate: disable
- Adjust Display to match Video: disable
- System -> Settings -> System -> Video: Vsync Always On

@ fritsch:
I'll try to make the settings as you have.
(2012-03-29, 10:10)m.bluemle Wrote: @fritsch:
how can i handle different catalyst versions on my system? i´m now using 11.11, but i want the try a newer one.
i know how to use the package system, but by downloading catalyst directly, i avoid the package system. so how can i remove or up-downgrading to a newer/older version?

thnx for your help!

Uninstall the current driver via your favorite package management tool, then follow the install procedure for fglrx in the howto. Just make sure you replace the download with the driver version you want. catalyst 12.3 was released yesterday, so you might want to try that.
wsnipex is right.

I normally do it as follows (12.2 as example):
Code:
1. login in to the xbmc computer via ssh
2. sudo service lightdm stop
3. mkdir 12-2
4. cd 12-2
5. wget http://www2.ati.com/drivers/linux/amd-driver-installer-12-2-x86.x86_64.run
6. sudo sh amd-driver-installer-12-2-x86.x86_64.run --buildandinstallpkg
7. sudo aticonfig --initial -f
8. sudo aticonfig --vs=on
(Optional 8b. if you have black bars normally, disable underscan: sudo aticonfig --set-pcs-val=MCIL,DigitalHDTVDefaultUnderscan,0)
9. sudo reboot

Important: Make sure lightdm is not running whenever you make changes with the aticonfig command.

Update: 12.3 is really bad - please stay at 12.2
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2012-03-29, 06:18)FernetMenta Wrote: I played the sample a couple of times. There were no drops but a different problem which made playback kind of jumpy. Will look into this.

FernetMenta, are there any plans to make a PR with Xvba support for Frodo?
(2012-03-29, 15:16)erhnam Wrote:
(2012-03-29, 06:18)FernetMenta Wrote: I played the sample a couple of times. There were no drops but a different problem which made playback kind of jumpy. Will look into this.

FernetMenta, are there any plans to make a PR with Xvba support for Frodo?

Yes there are Smile
I wait for mpeg2 decoding available in XvBA which is hopefully in a few weeks. Then ffmpeg part can be completed and submitted midstream, see how they think about it. After this its time for the PR to XBMC mainline.
would it be possible to implement HD-DTS pass-thru in to this branch? I would love to ditch windows and go back to Ubuntu.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1059914

On the surface it sounds simple, but I'm not a developer.
Oooh... Yes please.. I have been following that thread closely and am almost at the point of going to windows... blegh.

HD video with some HD audio would be my ultimate!

@abudabi:
In Germany we say: "Ziehende darf man nicht aufhalten".
It is not our intention to make a new feature rich branch with everything included. We want to get proper xvba support to render HD videos. Fernetmenta showed the plan above. The more we include in our tree, the more hard gets the merge and the more bugs we introduce which need a lot time debugging and testing which does not bring xvba a single step further.

If you need this feature you are free to take our git branch and rebase it onto the HD-Audio branch. This should work. You could also take the extracted openelec patches for xvba and apply them to the HD-Audio tree and compile yourself.

If you would manage such a tree, package it with let`s say HD-Audio, Spotify, XVBA - many users would be thankful. But again, this is not our intention in doing xvba.

@SerGol:
Fernetmenta has probably made a fix for you issue, wsnipex packaged it in his xvba-testing archive: https://launchpad.net/~wsnipex/+archive/...ba-testing - you could give it a try
Hahah.. google translated that to "Stretching should not be stopped" so not sure what you wanted to convey Smile

I hear and understand the reasoning.. it's just that I recall somewhere in that thread the original author Daniela has commmented that it's a simple patch but as she has no linux dev box (or something to that affect) she can't do it.

I've never compiled anything in my life before... but will google around to see if I can come up with anything.

Anyway.. thanks for the feedback and as ever keep up the good work gents!!
@abudabi:
it means: If someone wants to go to windows, I won`t stop him to do so.

I tried windows myself approx 4 weeks ago. I wanted to see what will work better with my Fusion system and guess what: I came back :-)
(2012-03-30, 13:08)fritsch Wrote: @abudabi:
it means: If someone wants to go to windows, I won`t stop him to do so.

I tried windows myself approx 4 weeks ago. I wanted to see what will work better with my Fusion system and guess what: I came back :-)

I have been trying Windows 8 with my Fusion system (MSI E350AI-E45) using the PVR branch from margro (with MediaPortal TV server) and I found that my multichannel PCM files (audio ripped from my DVDA collection at 96kHz and 192kHz) played wonderfully well over HDMI - something that I have not been able to do at all (except as 48kHz downmixed stereo) on openelec over HDMI. Video performance is excellent also - no issues with HD TV viewing/recording or with my collection of DVD-ISOs upscaled to 1080p. I don't have Blu-ray requirements at the moment, but certainly the driver support for ATI (particularly for audio on HDMI) seems to be a lot more capable that that on the linux platform. As well as that, my system will now suspend reliably and wake reliably for TV recordings on schedule. If only I didn't have all that MS Windows clutter it would be perfect Wink

If I found a method for getting proper multichannel PCM working for ATI video/audio on a linux platform, I would be back in a heartbeat. Blu-ray with DD TruHD and DTS-MA support would be a "nice to have" for some element of future-proofing.

I'd be interested in knowing what downside of the windows experience made you come back?
@fat-tony
The first really annoying thing was the installation. It cost me over 4 hours. The second sever problem was the fan - it ran unbelievable loud. The boot time was a lot longer (10 vs. 25 seconds). The additional virus scanner sucked. The CPU Load while decoding HD content was approx the same.

So I did not win anything. My AD-10 does not have a optical drive, too. I only tried it for some hours to see what xvba can or has to be improved, i kept the image though :-).
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs23