• 53(current)
How to Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs
Quote:The Killa sampla runs perfectly except that at ~7secs the screen goes black for about 1/10 sec if I have enabled A/V sync

Note that killa samples switches fps. It start with 23.976, then switches to 23.952

->> CalcFrameRate framerate was:23.976024 calculated:23.952096

This triggers re-configuration of renderer.
(2012-06-28, 09:12)fritsch Wrote: Level 51 "has landed"
http://phoronix.com/forums/showthread.ph...post271698

For now I could only test this with E350, E450 on Ubuntu 12.04 and flgrx 12.6b.
Make sure to really X stoppend, when you modify amdscdb.
Great! So the post on phoronix actually worked... Thanks for all efforts to make AMD the best x86 HTPC chips.
Code:
[root@mnemosyne ~]# grep HWUVD_H264Level51Support=V1 /etc/ati/amdpcsdb
HWUVD_H264Level51Support=V1
[root@mnemosyne ~]# uname -a
Linux mnemosyne 3.0.36-1-lts #1 SMP PREEMPT Sat Jun 23 10:57:18 CEST 2012 x86_64 GNU/Linux
[root@mnemosyne ~]# pacman -Q catalyst-test
catalyst-test 12.6-6
[root@mnemosyne ~]# lspci|grep VGA
00:01.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI Wrestler [Radeon HD 6310]

Testing as we speak, with the killa sample and some horribly encoded anime DVD @ [email protected] >_>.

Edit: both work fine Smile. 9% on CPU0, 36% on CPU1.

* MikroTik RB5009UG+S+IN :: ZyXEL GS1900-8HP v1 :: EAP615-Wall v1 :: Netgear GS108T v3 running OpenWrt 23.05
* LibreELEC 11:  HTPC Gigabyte Brix GB-BXA8-5545 with CEC adapter, Sony XR-64A84K :: Desktop AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon 6700XT  / 27" Dell U2717D QHD
* Debian Bookworm x86_64: Celeron G1610, NFS/MariaDB/ZFS server
* Blog
Having a hard time finding samples that are bad enough.. I found a bunch of samples here and tested War Horse which is 1080p L4.1 with 5 ref frames. I also tested a 720p sample which was L3.1 with 5 refframes. Unfortunately neither had defects even with yesterday's setup.

A sidenote: I wonder how people manage to create out-of-spec videos. I e in Handbrake there are no instructions that say you should avoid refframes >4, but there's also nowhere to select level, I think it sets level automatically based on your other choices.
@Robotica:
It was a kind of "libamdxvba.so" reengineering :-). I found that key months before - but always enabled it at the wrong position :-). But happy it works now.

As Kano pointed out, this should also work while xserver is running:
Code:
aticonfig --set-pcs-u32=MCIL,HWUVD_H264Level51Support,1

First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Nice works great! Only thing left now is the HD audio :-)

Code:
uname -a:
Linux HTPC 3.2.0-25-generic #40-Ubuntu SMP Wed May 23 20:30:51 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
dpkg -l | grep fglrx:
ii  fglrx                                2:8.960-0ubuntu1                                   Video driver for the AMD graphics accelerators
ii  fglrx-amdcccle                       2:8.960-0ubuntu1                                   Catalyst Control Center for the AMD graphics accelerators
lspci | grep VGA
00:01.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI Wrestler [Radeon HD 6320]
@DavidGGG:
It is not only reframes. At 720p you can do alot more. See the latest patch in fernetmenta's trunk. There you see a calculation.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2012-06-28, 10:19)wsnipex Wrote: for everyone interested in trying to enable L5.1:

EDIT: Easier method: thx Kano for pointing this out
Code:
sudo amdconfig --set-pcs-u32=MCIL,HWUVD_H264Level51Support,1

alternative method:
Code:
sudo service lightdm stop
sudo cp -p  /etc/ati/amdpcsdb  /etc/ati/amdpcsdb.bak
sudo sed -i '/UvdEnabled=V1/ a HWUVD_H264Level51Support=V1' /etc/ati/amdpcsdb
sudo reboot

Please report back with results and following info:
- What GFX card do you use
- uname -a
- dpkg -l | grep fglrx

I'm having a Zotac AD02 with OpenELEC on it so just entering this command in console should be enough?

Is there a way back in case it fails?
@schumi2004:
yeah, there is an easy way back:
Disable: sudo amdconfig --set-pcs-u32=MCIL,HWUVD_H264Level51Support,0
Enable: sudo amdconfig --set-pcs-u32=MCIL,HWUVD_H264Level51Support,1

Btw. some users could not get this work with a running X. I talked to a gentoo guy yesterday.
So, if /etc/ati/amdpscdb does not enable it at all, please do the following:

Code:
sudo service lightdm stop
sudo service lightdm start

@All:
Catalyst 12.6 final was released. I could not get it running on either E350 or E450. You get a green unsupported watermark (yeah, could remove this). Worse aticonfig tells you "Unsupported Hardware" and does not do any settings. So I would suggest you waiting for an upgrade, till these things are sorted out. I did not have enough time yesterday night to see what additional files are missing, to workaround this behaviour. I downgraded to 12.6b.
afaik openelec does not use sudo, so just run as root. setting it to 0 disables it again. You can also backup for driver config as shown in the alternative method.
To be sure, ask the openelec guys Wink
I Created a new livecd. libnfs has been added, as well the amdconfig line to enable hd 5.1 sound. Should be enabled at default during runtime. Here's the download:

Download: http://xbmcfreak.binkey.nl/xbmcbuntu-11....ing-v2.iso
(2012-06-29, 14:00)erhnam Wrote: I Created a new livecd. libnfs has been added, as well the amdconfig line to enable hd 5.1 sound. Should be enabled at default during runtime. Here's the download:

not sound, h264 high@LeVeL 5.1
i.e. the infamous killa sample plays now without artifacts.
(2012-06-29, 14:00)erhnam Wrote: I Created a new livecd. libnfs has been added, as well the amdconfig line to enable hd 5.1 sound. Should be enabled at default during runtime. Here's the download:

Installed on my Acer Revo RL70 - enabled XVBA and tested on full 1080p Avatar MKV. Had some flickering across screen during video playback which I cured by enabling Vertical Blank Sync duing video playback. Audio working.

Only issue is that Airplay does not work in either v1 or v2 release, shows up on idevices but nothing happens on XBMC end.

Thanks for the hard work.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
=)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Airplay packages aren't available on wsnipex ppa. That why Airplay isn't working at the moment.
libshairport for precise is in the standard ubuntu repos. I can't test that myself, but it should work.
  • 53(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs23