default ATV2 Remote, up/down keys
is there anyway to make the up/down keys actually do what they do on a keyboard? IE, skip forwards/backwards like 10mins i think it is.

the skipping forwards only 30secs with the left/right buttons is bloody painful at times.
Add this to the FullscreenVideo section of the joystick.AppleRemote.xml file located in /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/keymaps.

<button id="1">BigStepForward</button>
<button id="2">BigStepBack</button>
As mentioned in the FAQ post titled "READ ME 1st". Just sayin'
wondering if i add this as default behaviour ... atm up down is mapped to volume control ... but this is only usable when no passthrough is active ... wonder which users i would annoy with such a default change then...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Please do ! Smile
Memphiz Wrote:wondering if i add this as default behaviour ... atm up down is mapped to volume control ... but this is only usable when no passthrough is active ... wonder which users i would annoy with such a default change then...

Like in my case. Map it rather to "long" left/right. RW/FW is accessible from OSD.

If you can detect a difference between white apple remote vs silver one - map select to OSD and hold select to fullscreeninfo as silver one has separate play/pause.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Ha ... i knew that i just should ignore any keymapping stuff ... *grrr* ... i'll change it back maybe then Sad
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
For what it's worth - it's not about me, I run custom keymap.xml but lot of people does not know how to do that.

And a lot of them use stereo speakers.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Set845 Wrote:Add this to the FullscreenVideo section of the joystick.AppleRemote.xml file located in /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/keymaps.

<button id="1">BigStepForward</button>
<button id="2">BigStepBack</button>

thanks heaps mate

edit: hmmm any particular reason i wouldn't have this fileHuh

can't seem to find it there.

Ned Scott Wrote:As mentioned in the FAQ post titled "READ ME 1st". Just sayin'

yeah i feel like such a dolt, cause i've read that heaps and really didn't see it Sad
sorry i was pretty tired when i posted this.

Memphiz Wrote:wondering if i add this as default behaviour ... atm up down is mapped to volume control ... but this is only usable when no passthrough is active ... wonder which users i would annoy with such a default change then...

yeah please do lol
i could change this every 3 month back and forth ... haha
Memphiz Wrote:i could change this every 3 month back and forth ... haha

i still can't even find the file Sad
frieten Wrote:i still can't even find the file Sad

They didn't tell you that you had to create it.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Alt...l_for_ATV2

Save the text on that page as Joystick.AppleRemote.xml and save it in
var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/keymaps/
Ned Scott Wrote:They didn't tell you that you had to create it.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Alt...l_for_ATV2

Save the text on that page as Joystick.AppleRemote.xml and save it in
var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/keymaps/

cheers thanks for that
What about users of a 'Harmony' remote, I too would like the up/down function to skip.

Sorry to thread hijack
BEKO86 Wrote:What about users of a 'Harmony' remote, I too would like the up/down function to skip.

Sorry to thread hijack

if you learned your harmony with the apple remote then you just have to do the same like others with atv2 remote too...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
default ATV2 Remote, up/down keys0